hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adebayor

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    van persie is just as bad as adebayor.... he lunged in with 2 feet.

Adebayor should be punished though however van persie is a tw@t.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular southfieldshibby's Avatar
    I wonder if it was a personel issue with Van persie as he himself has been know to leave the foot in on quite a few occassions. Maybe they didn't get while at Arsenal.

whatever the reason he should be reprimanded and probably will be as the ref didn't see it so they can have a good look at it.

@hibs.net private member Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar
    Was at Walkabout at the Omni centre the other week watching the Man U Arsenal game and a few of the Arsenal fans in kept singing about Adebayor washing elephants and his mum being a whore...can imagine there would have been worse being sung at him during the game...so GIRU them...nothing wrong with the celebration although the stamp was a bit out of order

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Hand_Luke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was at Walkabout at the Omni centre the other week watching the Man U Arsenal game and a few of the Arsenal fans in kept singing about Adebayor washing elephants and his mum being a whore...can imagine there would have been worse being sung at him during the game...so GIRU them...nothing wrong with the celebration although the stamp was a bit out of order
    I was at the match yesterday and the Arsenal fans were booing and taunting Adebayor for the whole match.. They were shouting about hm and his family.. No wonder he wanted to GIRU them , wouldn't you ???

However , i don't agree with him running 90 yards to taunt them though.. That lit the fuse and the Arsenal fans piled forward to try and get on the park which looked mayhem.. There was bottles on the park , the stewards took a beating and the Police were involved as well.. What made it worse was he cleared a shot off the line as well...

It's just a shame little Meeko is very quiet today .. Hahaha........

Left by mutual consent!
    Not read the thread so don't know if this has been mentioned. RVP went in two footed. There's no love lost between them, that's for sure.

Defo a deliberate stamp.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I don't see what good throwing a book at him will do. I suppose if it is a heavy leather bound book, thrown at him from a substantial height, it may hurt him a bit, but otherwhise, its not a very good punishment imo.

ade could easily have blinded VP in one eye with his stupid action, 2 game ban seems likely IMO

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's my hero. Who wants a player who doesn't have emotions?

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenil View Post
    A right what?

How is that ? one of the most skilful and dangerous strikers in Europe.

Van Persie? Vastly over-rated. Says it all that he signed a new contract at Arsenal when all the good players were leaving: Nobody else wants him.

Adebayor was whoring himself (via his agent) to Milan, Barcelona et al all last season whilst not trying a leg at Arsenal - that's why the Gooners were giving him stick. His actions yesterday could have resulted in a riot. Fud should be fined £950000 (6 weeks wages ?) and banned for the rest of the season.

Add Adebayor to the list of erse's after his actions in yesterdays game!

He joins a huge list that includes the likes of Ferguson, Ronaldo and Fulton!

Very unprofessional, at least he apologised about the celebration, didn't apologise to Van Persie though!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeUnderwood View Post
    Add Adebayor to the list of erse's after his actions in yesterdays game!

He joins a huge list that includes the likes of Ferguson, Ronaldo and Fulton!

Very unprofessional, at least he apologised about the celebration, didn't apologise to Van Persie though!
    VP went in with a two footed lunge. If someone went for you in the street like that (not a two footed lunge but you know what I mean) it would be a reaction to hit them back although I appreciate the reaction was quite a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    VP went in with a two footed lunge. If someone went for you in the street like that (not a two footed lunge but you know what I mean) it would be a reaction to hit them back although I appreciate the reaction was quite a bad one.
    If you look at the vid again and watch Adebayor I think he just lashes out with his foot because VP caught him late, i dont think he means to 'rake his face' or anything like that. Deserved a red in todays climate, but some of todays headline are a bit over the top in my opinion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    If you look at the vid again and watch Adebayor I think he just lashes out with his foot because VP caught him late, i dont think he means to 'rake his face' or anything like that. Deserved a red in todays climate, but some of todays headline are a bit over the top in my opinion.
    I've not seen the headlines and think that he just meant to give him a nick on the back of the napper but raked him.

RVP has always been a bit of a dirty ******* anyway. A few of the Arsenal players under Wenger have been. Lauren was guilty of one of the worst two footed lunges I've ever seen and he didn't even get booked cos he missed the boy.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Disgraceful Adebayor.

Merits a spell in the nick!.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    For those of you defending his goal celebration and comparing it to Benji or Deeks.... neither of those two used to play for the Jambos!

Adebayor was an Arsenal player last season, those Arsenal fans should be entitled to a little respect from him. The reason they turned on him last year was because he kept talking about getting a big money move elsewhere, and frequently looked as if he couldn't give a toss.

Instead he runs the length of the pitch to GIRUY them... no wonder they went mental.
    Yup. Imagine Chris Killen or Scott Brown scoring for Celtic in front of the South Stand at ER in the first match after their transfer, and running the entire length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Famous Five. Or Katie doing the same for Rangers....

When Benji scored against Hearts, he was very new to Scotland, and his team-mates headed him off before he reached the Jambos. He's never done it again to any opposition fans. Deek did go over in front of the Wheatfield, but IMO that was as much the adrenalin rush of scoring as anything (OK - he DID want to wind up the Yams a bit but he didn't go the whole length of the pitch) and he stopped immediately the referee and assistant told him to.

What Adebayor did was deliberate provocation which in light of recent incidents needs to be deaIt with, even if he gets no more than a severe warning as to future conduct. I don't accept the 'I didn't know what i was doing I was so excited' line - he ran 90 yards and you don't do that in a fog of excitement. He knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    van persie is just as bad as adebayor.... he lunged in with 2 feet.

Adebayor should be punished though however van persie is a tw@t.
    The stamp was IMO deliberate, and he should be banned for at least 4 games. Van Persie (who is no angel, I agree) should be retrospectively carded for the reckless tackle - it was a bad one and it's only being glossed over because of the stamping that followed it immediately.

Let Clattenberg look at the video and say whether it's a red or a yellow. he was doing a good job of letting the game flow - it wasn't his fault what happened - so let him decide.