hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5 arrests out of 19 odd away days with 1000's of Hibbys using the rail services? Whoopee *** doo.

Where's the article congratulating the 1000's of Hibbys use the trains through the season? Or the Aberdeen fans? Or the tens of thousands of OF fans etc?

Fk the police and the media and their stupid hooligan league table.

Hell yeah!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I agree with you. Football fans are policed differently from other sections of society. Contrast our treatment with that of "high spirited" Rugger Buggers. Yes, hooliganism should be condemned but five arrests does not equal the rise of the casuals again. In fact the only thing I can see that has changed in the last few years is that police have been given even more power to police us differently from everybody else.
    It is frustrating for football fans, who have no inclination to get involved in violence, to be treated like potential hooligans by the authorities.

But the typical rugby crowd is entirely different from the typical football crowd. Scotland and England fans can sit together at a 6 nations match with the match passing off without incident. But if that was to happen at the football equivalent, the local hospitals and police cells would be packed out.

I do agree that the article is extremely over the top, though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Big deal out of nothing. When yer a fitba fan you can get arrested for fk all, arrested for things that if you done elsewhere, you wouldn't. We don't even know what the arrests are for, you can be arrested for being peshed, arrested for shouting 'f*** off' etc etc. I hardly think the arrests will be for crimes of the century!

As soon as the words football + fan + police + arrests are mentioned in a sentence, everyone breaks out in hysterics, the media, the polis, the clubs, the gullable thick public etc. I was at Oasis at Murrayfield in June and I witnessed people pissing all over the place, bevvy get launched about in streets, masses of litter, idiots fighting amongst themselves etc etc and there wasn't a mention of anything in the papers on the news. I GURANTEE though that if those same scenes were wintessed at a football match and the gig goers were replaced by football fans, there would be a media outbreak!

All that article is, is police trying to give football supporters a bad name. Fact! It's a shame 'football supporters' on here are bying it, I thought everyone would see through it, obvisouly not.
    Actually agree with you on this one, football fans get treated like criminals by the police every week, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    It is frustrating for football fans, who have no inclination to get involved in violence, to be treated like potential hooligans by the authorities.

But the typical rugby crowd is entirely different from the typical football crowd. Scotland and England fans can sit together at a 6 nations match with the match passing off without incident. But if that was to happen at the football equivalent, the local hospitals and police cells would be packed out.

I do agree that the article is extremely over the top, though.
    After a six month spell living in Twickenham and witnessing the aftermath on the train North following matches at Murrayfield I would strongly disagree with that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Utter bollox

The working class roots of football are torn to shreds.

Im not talikn about causing riots here, but, being a Hibs fan, i run the risk of getting arrested every other week by going for a good few pints attending the games, singing, chanting and having a laugh in the streets.
    Ur treated like **** from a majority of the polis.

We dont all want to turn up for games stone cold sober, with our wooly gloves on so we cant even clap, sit there being offended by every shout from the stands n rush home to catch the x-factor.

My uncle got huckled at easter road for basically wearing his scarf on his head. ok we had about 5-6 pints and were havin a bit o banter, but no mr polis doesnt want us to have fun so they stuck him in the van until the game had finished. nice. n they want my respect??

frowned at for havin passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    Utter bollox

Im not talikn about causing riots here, but, being a Hibs fan, i run the risk of getting arrested every other week by going for a good few pints attending the games, singing, chanting and having a laugh in the streets.

We dont all want to turn up for games stone cold sober, with our wooly gloves on so we cant even clap, sit there being offended by every shout from the stands n rush home to catch the x-factor.

My uncle got huckled at easter road for basically wearing his scarf on his head. ok we had about 5-6 pints and were havin a bit o banter, but no mr polis doesnt want us to have fun so they stuck him in the van until the game had finished. nice. n they want my respect??

Theres absolutely no way thats what he got detained for...

People seem to think that the police are just out to make football fans miserable, but they arent. They also seem to think that because there isnt trouble like there used to be, that the police should just 'let things be', but surely there isnt trouble like there used to be, because of the measures taken by the police and clubs...not in spite of it.

People also seem to forget that just because you can get away with things at other times, doesnt make them legal....swearing in the street, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    After a six month spell living in Twickenham and witnessing the aftermath on the train North following matches at Murrayfield I would strongly disagree with that.
    I'm not saying there's not isolated incidents that occur every so often as there's usually a lot of drinking involved before and after those types of matches and some people won't be able to handle their drink and they will occasionally step out of line.

But, like I say, they are able to have Scotland and England fans sitting together at rugby internationals, without any problems. That would simply not be possible at a Scotland-England football match or at any football match for that matter, where the two sides had any sort of rivalry.

I've only ever been to a couple of rugby matches as I'm not really into it but it's always been my understanding that the atmosphere at a rugby match is entirely different from that seen at a football match.

If you have first hand experience of rugby fans that contradicts all of the above then that's fair enough as I can only go on my couple of trips to Murrayfield and what I have heard from other people who have been to Scotland rugby matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    Utter bollox

I find it extremely hard to believe that he was ejected purely because of that, and that alone.

If that IS true, he should have made a written complaint to the Chief Constable of Lothian & Borders Police as the officer who threw him out should be disciplined.

bernz
    Theres absolutely no way thats what he got detained for...

People seem to think that the police are just out to make football fans miserable, but they arent. They also seem to think that because there isnt trouble like there used to be, that the police should just 'let things be', but surely there isnt trouble like there used to be, because of the measures taken by the police and clubs...not in spite of it.

People also seem to forget that just because you can get away with things at other times, doesnt make them legal....swearing in the street, for example.

I find it extremely hard to believe that he was ejected purely because of that, and that alone.

If that IS true, he should have made a written complaint to the Chief Constable of Lothian & Borders Police as the officer who threw him out should be disciplined.[/QUOTE]

Yeh well, just you believe wot u want.
    Made an official complaint, got no where.
    Wrote to Hibs, got nowhere.
    He's never been back to Easter road, travels to man u games (numpty)

Im stopping there cos whats the point. Football is escapism and to many like me is a way of life. somewhere i can go n forget about it all for a few hours, shout, scream n sing myself sore. Have a few pints n have a laugh. should i fear being arrested for swearing in the streets??

Respect to all, but lets have fun