hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

Lunch time poser !

I was haeing a wee bit o banter with a work colleague this morning who's a tic fan. Although very gud natured, he was giving it the usual pash aboot us bein a feeder club fer the tic and blah blah blah! We all ken the crap they come oot with(saying that he is one o those tic fans who aye goes on aboot how he likes us, mind he should ****** support us he's fae Leith!!!!)

Anyways, it got me thinking again aboot could/should we be a feeder club fer the likes o Man Utd? I'm no talkin aboot bein a Man Utd slave Club, am talkin aboot a feeder club as such, mare like a partnership, yes that's the 'KEY' word 'PARTNERSHIP' with Man Utd where we take Man Utd players on loan te help bring them through (which we're famous for), a similar relationship perhaps that royal Antwerp hae with them.

Think aboot it, these players we got on loan wudnae be naw napper neds fae newington, these would be the CREAM of international young talent.

Look am only saying is it POSSIBLE , a dinnae ken is it as or isnae, but I fer one would think aboot it! It's only really Man Utd I'd consider going inte an official agreement with as they have arguably the best youth system in the world(along with oorselves) but I canny see a doonside te it!

Don't anyone get their knickers in a twist, am only asking who thinks it would be beneficial??
    Last edited by marinello59; 07-09-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Don't bypass the swear filter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Why would you want to be someone else's bitch?

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was haeing a wee bit o banter with a work colleague this morning who's a tic fan. Although very gud natured, he was giving it the usual pash aboot us bein a feeder club fer the tic and blah blah blah! We all ken the crap they come oot with(saying that he is one o those tic fans who aye goes on aboot how he likes us, mind he should ******in support us he's fae Leith!!!!)

Anyways, it got me thinking again aboot could/should we be a feeder club fer the likes o Man Utd? I'm no talkin aboot bein a Man Utd slave Club, am talkin aboot a feeder club as such, mare like a partnership, yes that's the 'KEY' word 'PARTNERSHIP' with Man Utd where we take Man Utd players on loan te help bring them through (which we're famous for), a similar relationship perhaps that royal Antwerp hae with them.

Think aboot it, these players we got on loan wudnae be naw napper neds fae newington, these would be the CREAM of international young talent.

Look am only saying is it POSSIBLE , a dinnae ken is it as or isnae, but I fer one would think aboot it! It's only really Man Utd I'd consider going inte an official agreement with as they have arguably the best youth system in the world(along with oorselves) but I canny see a doonside te it!

Don't anyone get their knickers in a twist, am only asking who thinks it would be beneficial??

there was talk of his with chelsea a few years ago

I was haeing a wee bit o banter with a work colleague this morning who's a tic fan. Although very gud natured, he was giving it the usual pash aboot us bein a feeder club fer the tic and blah blah blah! We all ken the crap they come oot with(saying that he is one o those tic fans who aye goes on aboot how he likes us, mind he should ******in support us he's fae Leith!!!!)

No getting the knickers in a twist.

Why would Man Utd want to send their "Cream of international young talent" to play in the SPL when they could play either in the championship or in Europe. We all know that in England that the SPL is viewed as second rate so couldn't see them sending their youngsters up here.

Oh do we have "napper neds fae newington" at Hibs? Just asking.

Coaching Staff
    they have arguably the best youth system in the world(along with oorselves)
    And Scott Brown is better than Xavi Alonso

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Storar View Post
    And Scott Brown is better than Xavi Alonso
    Defo

Poetic

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Why would Man Utd want to send their "Cream of international young talent" to play in the SPL when they could play either in the championship or in Europe. We all know that in England that the SPL is viewed as second rate so couldn't see them sending their youngsters up here.

poetic licence man, rolled aff the tongue!

I knew this would happen, I just think it would be maybe somethink te look at! Firstly am no talkin aboot bein anyones BITCH here, am talking aboot a partnership and secondly a wish people wud stop puttin oor league doon! I canny see why Man Utd wudnae jump at the chance, I believe in oor Club and think they'd be getting the better deal! ANYWAY, it's just a hypothetical question!

Pride can be an bad thing at times and something like that wudnae maybes gee oor club a leg up so that one day we can be winning oor ain league!

It work so will check in later!

poetic licence man, rolled aff the tongue!

I knew this would happen, I just think it would be maybe somethink te look at! Firstly am no talkin aboot bein anyones BITCH here, am talking aboot a partnership and secondly a wish people wud stop puttin oor league doon! I canny see why Man Utd wudnae jump at the chance, I believe in oor Club and think they'd be getting the better deal! ANYWAY, it's just a hypothetical question!

Pride can be an bad thing at times and something like that wudnae maybes gee oor club a leg up so that one day we can be winning oor ain league!

It work so will check in later!
    Jings I thought text speak was bad but ma heid is getting sair.

Left by mutual consent!

Well Chelsea considered it so it mustn't be all bad.

Although they may have taken the decision not to because the SPL is pish and wouldn't improve them enough.

Also, dutch teams etc have a more technical league and would improve their players more. If they wanted them to become physically stronger then they could send them here or alternatively send them to the gym.

The reason our league is a joke is because everyone is told to bulk up by the time they are 20. By that time they've lost most of their pace and their agility.

You & me mate, cannae believe thats coming from a Leither ...

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Well Chelsea considered it so it mustn't be all bad.

Although they may have taken the decision not to because the SPL is pish and wouldn't improve them enough.

Also, dutch teams etc have a more technical league and would improve their players more. If they wanted them to become physically stronger then they could send them here or alternatively send them to the gym.

The reason our league is a joke is because everyone is told to bulk up by the time they are 20. By that time they've lost most of their pace and their agility.
    Can't off the top of my head think of any youngsters who have come up here on loan from any of the English premier league teams and returned and gone on to better things.

Even Anthony Stokes after his scoring feat for Falkirk returned to Arsenal and was quickly transferred to Sunderland. Here's hoping that he can recapture some of that magic for Hibs.

Forget the youngsters just tell them to send up Wayne Rooney and big Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    You & me mate, cannae believe thats coming from a Leither ...

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    I'll admit he's good....

but he hasn't bypassed everyones Lith3000 filter has he?

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar

Re: Lunch time poser !

He sounds like coco * bryce.
    Last edited by marinello59; 07-09-2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Please don't bypass the swear filter

I was haeing a wee bit o banter with a work colleague this morning who's a tic fan. Although very gud natured, he was giving it the usual pash aboot us bein a feeder club fer the tic and blah blah blah! We all ken the crap they come oot with(saying that he is one o those tic fans who aye goes on aboot how he likes us, mind he should ****** support us he's fae Leith!!!!)

Did you remind him of the banner celtc fans took to easter rd.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666

My head's getting sore reading your posts. Can you not talk proper english?

Forum rules:
    All posts must be written in English, Nae text speak, ya radges..

Are you a Man United fan as well?
    Last edited by ArabHibee; 07-09-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Rools

First Team Breakthrough RigRoars's Avatar

Help ma boab

?

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    My head's getting sore reading your posts. Can you not talk proper english?

Forum rules:
    All posts must be written in English, Nae text speak, ya radges..

Are you a Man United fan as well?
    There's nothing wrong using colloquial Scots when writing in an informal manner, I AM SCOTTISH after all and most of us do write in a colloquial fashion on here to some extent, because MOST of us are Scottish!

Sorry if that upsets you, actually I'm not !

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    There's nothing wrong using colloquial Scots when writing in an informal manner, I AM SCOTTISH after all and most of us do write in a colloquial fashion on here to some extent, because MOST of us are Scottish!

Sorry if that upsets you, actually I'm not !
    Doesn't upset me, its just very difficult to read, as you can see from what a few other posters have said. But if you like typing it, you go for it.

You never answered my question, are you a Man Utd fan?

Already got something similar with Royal Antwerp

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar

What about your connections at Arsenal....Yogi?

Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    Doesn't upset me, its just very difficult to read, as you can see from what a few other posters have said. But if you like typing it, you go for it.

You never answered my question, are you a Man Utd fan?
    I SUPPORT HIBS AND HIBS ALONE !!!!!!

I admire Man Utd as do many and if I had to pick a favourite team in the EPL I would probably pick them. However this has more to do with living in Salford for two years when I was wee 12/13(father moved family doon there for a couple of years, work reasons) than any admiration of great fitbaw, as at the time they were dross in the league. I think they were a bottom half of the table team!

I went to old trafford a couple of times but didnae pay that much attention to them to be honest as I was a HIBS FAN! ERRRRRRR Dark times! Moved back in 1990, Wallace Mercer, say no more!

Also always had a soft spot for Everton if truth be told!

Anyway the initial reason for this post was trying to find out peoples views on the club taking new routes to achieve success, which as a Hibs man I crave first and foremost. No one is going to come along with a magic wand that showers millions on the Club and we're not going to develop 11 incredible world class players simultaneously that will win us the league, so we have to look at all plausible possibilities to gain success at oor Club!

I think to often in oor history we have been blighted by folks who would rather stick their head in the sand than explore all realistic avenues of success. Balancing the books most always come NO.1 at the Club, we know this better than anyone! Nevertheless, this should not hinder driving for success and if we could (AND THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL) strike a partnership with a Man Utd or Barca to get a loan of their young talent to bring them on, why the hell not?? Someone said they wouldn't give the cream of their young talent to us, well Man Utd at present give it Royal Antwerp and I'm damn sure our league plays at a higher standard than the belgium 1st division!

What the hell is wrong with looking at things like that? The Club must always come first and screw pride, I want to see Hibs win the SPL in my lifetime more than anything else I can think of !

First Team Regular H1bs6H3arts2 FC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    Did you remind him of the banner celtc fans took to easter rd.
    yup - soap dodging barstewards that they are !!!

I SUPPORT HIBS AND HIBS ALONE !!!!!!

I admire Man Utd as do many and if I had to pick a favourite team in the EPL I would probably pick them. However this has more to do with living in Salford for two years when I was wee 12/13(father moved family doon there for a couple of years, work reasons) than any admiration of great fitbaw, as at the time they were dross in the league. I think they were a bottom half of the table team!

I went to old trafford a couple of times but didnae pay that much attention to them to be honest as I was a HIBS FAN! ERRRRRRR Dark times! Moved back in 1990, Wallace Mercer, say no more!

Also always had a soft spot for Everton if truth be told!

Anyway the initial reason for this post was trying to find out peoples views on the club taking new routes to achieve success, which as a Hibs man I crave first and foremost. No one is going to come along with a magic wand that showers millions on the Club and we're not going to develop 11 incredible world class players simultaneously that will win us the league, so we have to look at all plausible possibilities to gain success at oor Club!

I think to often in oor history we have been blighted by folks who would rather stick their head in the sand than explore all realistic avenues of success. Balancing the books most always come NO.1 at the Club, we know this better than anyone! Nevertheless, this should not hinder driving for success and if we could (AND THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL) strike a partnership with a Man Utd or Barca to get a loan of their young talent to bring them on, why the hell not?? Someone said they wouldn't give the cream of their young talent to us, well Man Utd at present give it Royal Antwerp and I'm damn sure our league plays at a higher standard than the belgium 1st division!

What the hell is wrong with looking at things like that? The Club must always come first and screw pride, I want to see Hibs win the SPL in my lifetime more than anything else I can think of !
    I would also like to see Hibs winning the league (and that cup) before I get the big nod from above but am not holding out much hope unless I manage to hang on long enough to get a telegram from the Queen. Anyway by that time I will no doubt be plonked in front of a telly in an Old Folks Home watching reruns of Antiques Roadshow or Bargain Hunt at the same time dribbling down a Yam top that one of the care staff dressed me in that morning. Occasionally muttering "C'mon the Hibs"

On a serious note does anyone know what level (how many) youngsters send over to Royal Antwerp considering that they are now playing in the second tier of Belgian football? Noticed that Michael Stewart was farmed out to them at some time in his career and he hasn't done that well since. I also note that Royal Antwerp last won a trophy about 20 years ago so the loan signings from Man U haven't helped them win any cup or league recently.

We all want the best for the club however I would prefer that they were contracted to us rather that having youngsters from down south who would be here one minute and gone the next.

For writing your post in English.
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 08-09-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Celtic fans fall into two categories, the first deluded into thinking that the world evolves around them and the second the most patronising fans on the planet and they both share a common denominator in paranoia.

mmmmm

I would also like to see Hibs winning the league (and that cup) before I get the big nod from above but am not holding out much hope unless I manage to hang on long enough to get a telegram from the Queen. Anyway by that time I will no doubt be plonked in front of a telly in an Old Folks Home watching reruns of Antiques Roadshow or Bargain Hunt at the same time dribbling down a Yam top that one of the care staff dressed me in that morning. Occasionally muttering "C'mon the Hibs"

On a serious note does anyone know what level (how many) youngsters send over to Royal Antwerp considering that they are now playing in the second tier of Belgian football? Noticed that Michael Stewart was farmed out to them at some time in his career and he hasn't done that well since. I also note that Royal Antwerp last won a trophy about 20 years ago so the loan signings from Man U haven't helped them win any cup or league recently.

We all want the best for the club however I would prefer that they were contracted to us rather that having youngsters from down south who would be here one minute and gone the next.

For writing your post in English.

Aye, but they have also had their fair share of players who have become a success, O'Shea, Evens, Gibson, Campbell and the like!

I'm not saying this would or would not be a good thing, all I'm saying is that if oor club wants success we have to look at all avenues. Personally I'd only consider such a partnership with Man Utd or Barca and there would have to be no stipulations that we play a player! Also it is my understanding Antwerp were already in the 2nd division when they signed the partnership with Man Utd and the club as a whole was in financial dire straits at that time which has now been rectified!

Look, I don't know enough about the ins and outs of these things to say with confidence that it would be a good idea! All I'm saying is we have to keep oor eyes open for all opportunities that would benefit the Club!

Aye, but they have also had their fair share of players who have become a success, O'Shea, Evens, Gibson, Campbell and the like!

I'm not saying this would or would not be a good thing, all I'm saying is that if oor club wants success we have to look at all avenues. Personally I'd only consider such a partnership with Man Utd or Barca and there would have to be no stipulations that we play a player! Also it is my understanding Antwerp were already in the 2nd division when they signed the partnership with Man Utd and the club as a whole was in financial dire straits at that time which has now been rectified!

Look, I don't know enough about the ins and outs of these things to say with confidence that it would be a good idea! All I'm saying is we have to keep oor eyes open for all opportunities that would benefit the Club!