hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rangers fans are the only ones who cause trouble according to some on here, some have to grow up and join the real world.
    Oh not the only ones. Every support has its idiots - but its the ratio of idiots to actual supporters that makes the Huns so hated. It's a question of scale.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Rangers fans are the only ones who cause trouble according to some on here, some have to grow up and join the real world.
    No, the huns are not the only ones that cause trouble. The soapies and the yams also cause trouble, although none have caused as much trouble as your lot have.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Remmeber you are on a rival fans website before you start telling the locals to behave.
    I have being trying to put my point across in a reasonable manner, i expect the abuse i get on here but sometimes people just give abuse as they run out of anwsers on the debate, all im saying is folk should play fair.

as far as im aware the reason hun,s were called huns, is due to the fact that the royal family is of german extraction/descent? so when the germans were nicknamed the hun during the first world war? this name was then given to the rangers support due to their percieved loyalty to the royal family. mainly by celtic fans but then snowballed to include all other fans who hate the huns (with a passion, such as me) ps hate the celtic feks to

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Oh not the only ones. Every support has its idiots - but its the ratio of idiots to actual supporters that makes the Huns so hated. It's a question of scale.
    Could you give an example, i know you will proberbly come up with manchester but this hun thing has been going on long before manchester, at 1 point celtic fans where called the huns, but folk seem to forget that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    You have admitted you only use the word hun because you are a sheep, now because folk are trying to help you out you coming back all I know why go on then tell me?

I don't know why, help me out.
    Can someone translate this from hun to english please?

Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    as far as im aware the reason hun,s were called huns, is due to the fact that the royal family is of german extraction/descent? so when the germans were nicknamed the hun during the first world war? this name was then given to the rangers support due to their percieved loyalty to the royal family. mainly by celtic fans but then snowballed to include all other fans who hate the huns (with a passion, such as me) ps hate the celtic feks to
    That is the first reasonable explanation that has been given, as i have said the celtic fans where called huns before us and on the reasoning you gave for rangers fans would now be more approiate to them as they do hail a man who was a nazi.

First Team Regular
    That is the first reasonable explanation that has been given, as i have said the celtic fans where called huns before us and on the reasoning you gave for rangers fans would now be more approiate to them as they do hail a man who was a nazi.
    so why were the celtic fans called huns

Could you give an example, i know you will proberbly come up with manchester but this hun thing has been going on long before manchester, at 1 point celtic fans where called the huns, but folk seem to forget that.
    Well there's the songs - which 90% of your away crowd sing (don't give me the lies about minorities, I've seen it with my own eyes).

Then there's the fact that policing has to be increased about two fold compared to the usual games.

How about the fact I can hardly walk along London Road, or down the top of Easter Road when the Huns are in town?

Maybe we should take a look at how football related violence increases when the Huns are in town?

How about the bottles of buckie scattered about Leith Links and the bridge next to ER?

Doubtless every support has an element of these issues, but once again, its a question of scale.

Quote Originally Posted by andyhibs View Post
    so why were the celtic fans called huns
    It was a bit before my time, the reason i don't call them huns is ive never looked in to it to find out why, Im not a sheep and don't call people things because other do.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    It was a bit before my time, the reason i don't call them huns is ive never looked in to it to find out why, Im not a sheep and don't call people things because other do.
    So what do you call them then?

First Team Regular
    eh ....ok then

Well there's the songs - which 90% of your away crowd sing (don't give me the lies about minorities, I've seen it with my own eyes).

Then there's the fact that policing has to be increased about two fold compared to the usual games.

How about the fact I can hardly walk along London Road, or down the top of Easter Road when the Huns are in town?

Maybe we should take a look at how football related violence increases when the Huns are in town?

How about the bottles of buckie scattered about Leith Links and the bridge next to ER?

Doubtless every support has an element of these issues, but once again, its a question of scale.
    As you say a question of scale with rangers and celtic talking more fans than any other club it would give more scope for a**eholes would it not?

The songs- there is one about 10 german bombers in the air, then being brought down but we get classed as huns (a german reference) strange.

I don't get what your saying about buckie bottles whats that got to do with being huns, do other fans not leave litter about?

Any time i have been to easter rd fans have walked down the road mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bdŽ View Post
    So what do you call them then?
    celtic fans

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Try walking along London Road or down Easter Road when the Huns are in town. There is an element of the huns support that really is low life ****, spitting and shouting at kids with Hibs tops on. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Most people like a good drink but these guys seem to use the football as an excuse to drink as much buckfast or cheap booze as they can before a game, abuse decent folk on the way to the game, and then sing sectarian songs while at the game, then pretty much do all the above after the game.

Celtic can be just as bad, but as they seem to think they have some sort of affiliation with us maybe they are not as bad when they visit.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    celtic fans

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Celtic can be just as bad, but as they seem to think they have some sort of affiliation with us maybe they are not as bad when they visit.
    I think they are.

so by your reckoning every german from hitlers era was a nazi, somehow i dont think so, as for the man your alluding to , as far as i know & i admit thats not a lot on this subject, the guy was seconded? to an anti aircraft station, if this is true how does it make him a nazi?. as for celtic fans being named huns as well this is due to the dublin goverment during the 2nd world war? something to do with shipping i think thats what it was anyway. at the end of the day though it just goes to show that the old firm (to be polite) are just 2 cheeks of the same arse who have no shame in playing the religous card for their own gain, ***** muppets , the vast majority anyway!

As you say a question of scale with rangers and celtic talking more fans than any other club it would give more scope for a**eholes would it not?
    I also wrote about the ratio as well.

The songs- there is one about 10 german bombers in the air, then being brought down but we get classed as huns (a german reference) strange.
    Well, much like WW2 Germans, a fair chunk of your support like to give Nazi salutes. So it's quite apt.

I don't get what your saying about buckie bottles whats that got to do with being huns, do other fans not leave litter about?
    Hiding drink in the bushes etc.? Not often.

Indeed. It's not the most pleasant experience, and certainly wasn't for myself. I can walk through crowds of Hearts, Celtic and Aberdeen fans, without a second thought, but Huns? I just cross the road. Partly because of the verbals, partly because I wouldn't want thier smell to stick to me.

First Team Regular
    celtic fans
    picture the scene outside ibrox celtic supporters arriving "get into those bunch of green and white celtic fans" not got the same ring about it

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Like most non OF fans I despise the gruesome twosome equaly, but the way this thread has gone, and alot of folks general attitude to "Blue Is The Colour" amounts to little more than bullying.

By all means shoot him down when he comes out with some warped Old Firm logic, but don't round on him and any opinion he has just because he is a Rangers fan.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bdŽ View Post
    I think they are.
    Your probably right.

Try walking along London Road or down Easter Road when the Huns are in town. There is an element of the huns support that really is low life ****, spitting and shouting at kids with Hibs tops on. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Most people like a good drink but these guys seem to use the football as an excuse to drink as much buckfast or cheap booze as they can before a game, abuse decent folk on the way to the game, and then sing sectarian songs while at the game, then pretty much do all the above after the game.

I agree with you there mate, but it seems we all get tarred with the same brush, as you say about celtic fans you would prob find a hearts fans saying the same things as yourself only about them.

Im a rangers fan i don't like hearts any more than hibs or any other team, but im sure there is folk who don't think like this.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Like most non OF fans I despise the gruesome twosome equaly, but the way this thread has gone, and alot of folks general attitude to "Blue Is The Colour" amounts to little more than bullying.

By all means shoot him down when he comes out with some warped Old Firm logic, but don't round on him and any opinion he has just because he is a Rangers fan.

If you think the responses on here have been bullying then you need to check out a few more forums. We have been very gentle imo.

Quote Originally Posted by andudare2 View Post
    so by your reckoning every german from hitlers era was a nazi, somehow i dont think so, as for the man your alluding to , as far as i know & i admit thats not a lot on this subject, the guy was seconded? to an anti aircraft station, if this is true how does it make him a nazi?. as for celtic fans being named huns as well this is due to the dublin goverment during the 2nd world war? something to do with shipping i think thats what it was anyway. at the end of the day though it just goes to show that the old firm (to be polite) are just 2 cheeks of the same arse who have no shame in playing the religous card for their own gain, ***** muppets , the vast majority anyway!
    I didn't say that, and the man we are talking about there is pics of him doing his heil hitler bit, i wont go looking for the pic as this thread is now away to pot, going from scott brown to hitler even thats not fair to SB to speak about the 2 in the same thread.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Your probably right.
    ......probably

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You have admitted you only use the word hun because you are a sheep, now because folk are trying to help you out you coming back all I know why go on then tell me?

I don't know why, help me out.
    You would have to be pretty stupid, something i think you clearly are, if you dont know why we call your lot huns. It first came to my notice around the mid 70s, when your lot used to come and take over every town you infested, with thousands upon thousands of drunken bullys, fighting your way through each oppositions teams supporters, and singing your vile disgusting songs.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You would have to be pretty stupid, something i think you clearly are, if you dont know why we call your lot huns. It first came to my notice around the mid 70s, when your lot used to come and take over every town you infested, with thousands upon thousands of drunken bullys, fighting your way through each oppositions teams supporters, and singing your vile disgusting songs.
    So first you are a sheep now you take someones elses explanation although you did change the wording of it, well done for that, i must admit i was expecting a copy and paste from you.

Tas they do hail a man who was a nazi.
    aye, because all Celtc supporters are practicing Catholics right enough

and you're upset at being tarred by the same brush as all huns

I also wrote about the ratio as well.

Well, much like WW2 Germans, a fair chunk of your support like to give Nazi salutes. So it's quite apt.

Hiding drink in the bushes etc.? Not often.

Indeed. It's not the most pleasant experience, and certainly wasn't for myself. I can walk through crowds of Hearts, Celtic and Aberdeen fans, without a second thought, but Huns? I just cross the road. Partly because of the verbals, partly because I wouldn't want thier smell to stick to me.

Some would say red hand salutes.(befe anyone has a go, no I don't do them.)

If as you say hiding in bushes thats not as bad as litter then as them must be going back to collect

I suppose everyone has had there experiances, i walk down the street with any sets of fans the only ones i would be wary of doing this with is aberdeen fans im not saying they are all **** but they do have an element, yet you would proberbly be fine walking beside these people.

Last edited by blueisthecolour; 06-09-2009 at 03:17 PM.