hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to good with your native tongue though it appears.
    well spotted

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I think England have made great strides under capello. Being english, if we qualifier i will be telling all the people that will listen that we are going to win the world cup.....until we get knocked out (although i hope we don't) & then its humble pie time. I do think the media has been getting alot better, but IMO its no difference to the commentators going on up here about smeltic in europe when they play.
    I'm English and I listern to this all the time, your part of the reason England fail

Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxJohn View Post
    I'm English and I listern to this all the time, your part of the reason England fail
    Actually, I think you're Engerlish!!

Agree with your post, however, although I'm trusting Gus's comments were fairly tongue in cheek. The media in England are just an embarassment. The Scottish media aren't arrogant - just generally cr*p!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Absolutely staggered that was given as a penalty.

Rooney had the cheek last week tae to say how much of an honest player he was..****in joke!!.

He dived against Arsenal last week tae but coz Almunia came flying out it was always gonna be given.

1st time ive seen this penalty tonight, and its laughable..its Rooney that pulls the shirt sticks out a leg and falls..utter pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    He dived against Arsenal last week tae but coz Almunia came flying out it was always gonna be given.
    I've been trying to convince folk all week that he was on his way down before Almunia got anywhere near him.

Not too fussed about Saturday though as I had £10ew @ 7s Lampard 1st scorer!

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Actually, I think you're Engerlish!!

Agree with your post, however, although I'm trusting Gus's comments were fairly tongue in cheek. The media in England are just an embarassment. The Scottish media aren't arrogant - just generally cr*p!
    Known Gus...he means every word of it

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    dry your eyes, jealousy must hurt. wonder on wednesday if Miller takes a tumble you would be saying the same.........

What about Scott Brown.....un sportsmanship.....imagine if that happened against Scotland......there would be uproar

I think England have made great strides under capello. Being english, if we qualifier i will be telling all the people that will listen that we are going to win the world cup.....until we get knocked out (although i hope we don't) & then its humble pie time. I do think the media has been getting alot better, but IMO its no difference to the commentators going on up here about smeltic in europe when they play.
    Diving in a friendly

dry your eyes, jealousy must hurt. wonder on wednesday if Miller takes a tumble you would be saying the same.........

What about Scott Brown.....un sportsmanship.....imagine if that happened against Scotland......there would be uproar

Aye, OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post

Aye, OK then.
    What's so funny lad?

It will happen................hopefully in my lifetime

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    What's so funny lad?

It will happen................hopefully in my lifetime
    What, are you planning to live till you're 400?

got to say i think they have a good chance next year.

Argies are struggling, Portugal might not make it, France are still all over the place under mentalist Domenech. Spain looking like favourites with Brazil (whose squad doesn't look earth shattering, but who are on a great winning run).

Germany and Italy you never really know as they always overachieve if they're weak anyway.

tbh i think England will be underachieving if they don't reach the Semi's.

world class players at all four defensive positions, CM, CM, and FW.

only missing a world class goalie and world class wingers and second striker. if their choices for these positions are at the top of their game come next summer (as Defoe is right now) then they look like having a very strong first XI and they have decent strength in depth and impact players coming off the bench too (eg potentially Defoe, Walcott, Lennon, Young and SWP).

thats not to mention having arguably the best coach in the world who has the full backing of the players, public and English media.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post

Argies are struggling, Portugal might not make it, France are still all over the place under mentalist Domenech. Spain looking like favourites with Brazil (whose squad doesn't look earth shattering, but who are on a great winning run).

Germany and Italy you never really know as they always overachieve if they're weak anyway.

only missing a world class goalie and world class wingers and second striker. if their choices for these positions are at the top of their game come next summer (as Defoe is right now) then they look like having a very strong first XI and they have decent strength in depth and impact players coming off the bench too (eg potentially Defoe, Walcott, Lennon, Young and SWP).

thats not to mention having arguably the best coach in the world who has the full backing of the players, public and English media.
    Well said...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post

Unfortunately I agree with all of that. FC has installed a winning mentallity and is backing it up with results. He's also going to play who and how he wants regardless of the media. When I heard he went there I was worried.

I'll guarantee England won't win the World Cup 2010 in South Africa.

Left by mutual consent!
    You can't guarantee something you have no control over.

Capello is probably being paid 5 million pound a year to disprove you. Who's more qualified?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    You can't guarantee something you have no control over.

Capello is probably being paid 5 million pound a year to disprove you. Who's more qualified?
    Well, I am 99.9% certain they won't. What can I say to make me more certain according to you?

England just don't have the bottle.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well, I am 99.9% certain they won't. What can I say to make me more certain according to you?

England just don't have the bottle.
    Was toungue in cheek.

That's why they got a non-english manager who isn't caught up in the hype. The have a man with a proven track record, whom IIRC, has won almost everything in the game and has had success at every club he's ever worked at.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right but Capello has a knack of cracking any team he goes to and gets them winning.

S
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Was toungue in cheek.

That's why they got a non-english manager who isn't caught up in the hype. The have a man with a proven track record, whom IIRC, has won almost everything in the game and has had success at every club he's ever worked at.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right but Capello has a knack of cracking any team he goes to and gets them winning.
    Though managing an international team is quite a different kettle of fish, as they say. Capello has done very well so far but the proof, assuming they get there, will be at the finals.

Interestingly, Eriksson had a very good England record qualifying for finals, but his teams didn't then have that extra something you need at finals (then again, neither have most previous England teams).
    Last edited by Sas_The_Hibby; 07-09-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

@hibs.net private member
    When it comes to out on a limb prophetic statements, that's around the same level as "Hibs will not win the Scottish Cup".