hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    The same guy that handed in a transfer request right after a game? No, I don't like him. No better than Kevin Thomson.

Wee ****

2. Log in to remove the advert

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The same guy that handed in a transfer request right after a game? No, I don't like him. No better than Kevin Thomson.

Wee ****
    Is there ever a good time though? He's away, he wasn't the first and he'll no be the last. Not sure why folk get so worked up about it now tbh.

Watched the game with a non football fan, she called Broonie, a "smug arrogant prick" I couldn't help but agree. Having said that, he is still brilliant

In a word Yes! I hate Celtic but Brown is one of those players who just has that wee bit of character that I can't help but admire.

Left by mutual consent!
    When he plays for Scotland, Oh yeah
    Last edited by Saorsa; 06-09-2009 at 10:36 AM.

First Team Breakthrough ANDY McGEECHAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allyf View Post
    yes.
    great player. Good lad

Brown is one of the best players we have had at Easter road for a long time. He didnt do the dirty on us and got the club a massive trasnfer fee. He is one of theose players however, where a big part of his game is to wind the opposition up, therefore the fans of the club he plays for idolise him and the fans of the oppositions hate him with a passion.

BTW has anyone read the post on Kickback about Scott Brown. Honestly some of the posts are pretty funny. Someone states that the only player in the scotland team world class is Craig gordon. - world class but not epl class????? That they cant understand how anyone could pick Scott Brown ahead of Hartly
    Another poster then starts a rant saying Flower of Scotland is racist. Honestly what planet are these guys from and who do they actually support.

he's a wee fud who proved that yesterday and last week.

were's the caldewell, whitty, thomson and miller are great player threads aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    he's a wee fud who proved that yesterday and last week.

were's the caldewell, whitty, thomson and miller are great player threads aswell
    As far as I can see, there is a Whitty thread.

Yes I like Scott Brown.

The service he gave us was fantastic.

And we got a good price for him when he left.

this scott brown love in makes me *** sick.

fair enough if he went down south, but he never, so he's now a little mouthy cocky celtic barsteward.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I'm glad and relieved that it turned the game our way. I've seen things like that go the other way - fire up the opposition and get them playing.

I have exactly the same attitude to Scott Brown as I had to Billy Bremner - I acknowledge he's a very good player and that the Scottish team's a lot more effective with him in it.

But I don't like him.

That's it for me - spot on
    Have a feeling if/when he goes to the Premiership he will soon be "put in his place" by the "big boys "

I think Scott Brown is an excellent player.........but world class ,

He has all the energy & he certainly gets under the skin of the opposition but he does need to score more goals.

His attitude got Scotland the 2nd half performance that they NEEDED but it also caused the melee that got James Mcfadden booked...resulting in him missing the Holland game, which sadly (altho i hope not) will cost Scotland the game IMO

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Loved him for Hibs, hate him for celtic, love him for Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by F'Res Hibbie View Post
    If, as is to be believed, Celtic have put a price of around £11m on Brown then it could hardly be described as 'a gud price'. Ferguson only really signs Scottish and Irish players when they're vey young, ie Miller, Galbraith, Stewart, Fletcher etc. When was the last time Man Utd signed a Scottish or Irish outfield player of 21 or over?
    Scott Brown was down at Spurs on Monday, according to his mum.
    I can only guess that there was a real possibility that he would be a Spurs player by the following day, but that didn't happen.
    No idea whether that was because of personal terms or whether it is simply something in the pipeline for the next transfer window or later.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I think Scott Brown is an excellent player.........but world class ,

He has all the energy & he certainly gets under the skin of the opposition but he does need to score more goals.

His attitude got Scotland the 2nd half performance that they NEEDED but it also caused the melee that got James Mcfadden booked...resulting in him missing the Holland game, which sadly (altho i hope not) will cost Scotland the game IMO
    You cannot place McFadden's yellow on Brown's shoulders. That was entirely the stupidity of the referee, as he had no grounds to book McFadden. He booked a Macedonian, so he booked McFadden, to show some sort of parity. Absolute cop out, and McFadden should demand an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    You cannot place McFadden's yellow on Brown's shoulders. That was entirely the stupidity of the referee, as he had no grounds to book McFadden. He booked a Macedonian, so he booked McFadden, to show some sort of parity. Absolute cop out, and McFadden should demand an apology.
    yeah your right Mcfadden should of not been booked, as he did no worst than any other of the players, but he DID raise his arms. But it did come about in the situation that was created by Brown, but i sisnt mean to put the blame soley on Brown.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    yeah your right Mcfadden should of not been booked, as he did no worst than any other of the players, but he DID raise his arms. But it did come about in the situation that was created by Brown, but i sisnt mean to put the blame soley on Brown.
    The referee booked McFadden for "Unsporting Behaviour" not because of violent conduct or anything like it. Even if he did, the player he shoved was taking a kick at Brown, so, if anything, he was seperating the two players.

The ref bottled it, so booked a player from either side so that neither would be happy, but Macedonia would calm down.

And, Btw, Brown had every right to do what he did. Scotland were in possession of the ball and creating pressure when the whistle was blown. Brown offered to let them kick the ball back to us, they refused because they wanted possession, but they had no reason to expect it - they played on!! Macedonia were trying to use the situation to ease the pressure on them, but it didn't work, because Broony has a bit of balls about him.

Sadly, the ref has less between the legs than he does between the ears and got it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    I want Scott to do well but that at this moment means if he does well Celtic will probubly do well hopefuly he gets a move down south or beyond so a dont feel so guilty supporting him.
    c'mon now,you are not allowed to like ex-Hibs players/managers connected to either OF club,or bigger clubs

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Scotland's best player by miles IMO, unbelievable player.. would love to see him at a big Prem club

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    Watched the game with a non football fan, she called Broonie, a "smug arrogant prick" I couldn't help but agree. Having said that, he is still brilliant

Did you care what a non football fan thought, and do we?

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    this scott brown love in makes me *** sick.

fair enough if he went down south, but he never, so he's now a little mouthy cocky celtic barsteward.
    Spot on post.

And how did he "get us a good price" if he is worth three times that now?