hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland games

Scotland games

Will anyone be going to any of the scotland games, and is your passion for scotland as strong as your passion for hibs?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will anyone be going to any of the scotland games, and is your passion for scotland as strong as your passion for hibs?
    No, and no. Hibs for all time!

Quote Originally Posted by Row H View Post
    No, and no. Hibs for all time!
    Ditto

@hibs.net private member HONG KONG PHOOEY's Avatar
    I will be at both games. Hope we win both but now expecting to. Can always live in hope.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Jesus, not having a dig at the op, but why does this same question pop up at every international break.

Simple rule of the thumb, Scotland will never play Hibs, Hibs will never play Scotland so why can you support both with the same amount of passion.

Oh and to answer the op's question, Yes there wil be around 52,000 people going and Yes see above!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    Jesus, not having a dig at the op, but why does this same question pop up at every international break.

Simple rule of the thumb, Scotland will never play Hibs, Hibs will never play Scotland so why can you support both with the same amount of passion.

Oh and to answer the op's question, Yes there wil be around 52,000 people going and Yes see above!
    I don't think its sold out. Which begs the question, where are all these dafties that were offering a grand and a shot of their wife for a ticket for the Italy game..?

Oh, and no and no

Yes and yes.

And I do not see why some people have a problem with supporting Scotland. Do these same people have a thing for another club other than Hibs ie Liverpool, man U, Barca etc etc etc.

So question is, why have a go at Hibs fans also being Scotland fans and not have a go at someone supporting another club team?

Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    Yes and yes.

And I do not see why some people have a problem with supporting Scotland. Do these same people have a thing for another club other than Hibs ie Liverpool, man U, Barca etc etc etc.

So question is, why have a go at Hibs fans also being Scotland fans and not have a go at someone supporting another club team?
    Who was having a go at hibs fans for being scotland fans?

Who was having a go at hibs fans for being scotland fans?
    If you look at a lot of threads that come up every time Scotland play you will some people having a pop at Scotland fans.

i'm a passionate scotland fan but an even more passionate hibby. i can't stand deserters who suddenly start supporting man u etc when times are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    If you look at a lot of threads that come up every time Scotland play you will some people having a pop at Scotland fans.
    New to the board mate, haven't seen any threads on scotland yet, I thought folk thought I was having a go.

Hibs with a passion and Scotland with a passion

We shall never play each other, so there is no conflict of loyalty where that is concerned

Promising Youngster
    I'll be there - and I can be as passionate about Scotland as I can about Hibs.....and some other sports. I still love Hibs more than anything in the world of sport but it doesn't mean I can't be passionate about other things.

Huvnae been at Hampden for a while cos o all these glory hunters over the past coupla years and I know the standard of play and result will probably spoil ma day but that doesnae stop me going to ER every game for 30 years now!

I'm a football fan and that means I love football - any game anywhere - show me a game and I will be watching and soon supporting one o the teams - it's in ma blood! Ah cannae understand how people trash Scotland and the TA on here. It's the game you love and your country. If it doesnae float yer boat then leave it for those of us that do want to go and support.

if ye want to rip the p... outta someone stick tae the yams and OF.

HK Phooey - you going by train or are ye on the Barnie bus????

I love my country but must admit to be a tad embarrassed about my sheer lack of interest in the national team.
    Now listen, i so want them to win every game n all that , but i just cant get excited about it all.

The SFA are an absolute joke, diddy men. Any manager has a thankless task and is on a hiding to nothing though some of the selections n tactics we use are depressing.

I want to be excited about the national team but i just cant.

even when Hibs r pish n have just got humped, i'd still be doin the Hibees bounce on a saturday night n wakin the neighbours wi Hibs songs!

Bonny Scotland, score a winning goal for me!!!!!!!!

going to both games,

However Hibs are more important than Scotland for me, no real reason why, gut instinct

No unfortunately and Yes.

I suspect if you asked the same question to the Rangers team (replacing "passion for Hibs" with "passion for Rangers") then the answer would be No and No.

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

Aye

Club v Country arguements go on at all Clubs! As fer me I Love both equally, If the question was would I rather Hibs win the League or Scotland win the World Cup I'd really have te think about it! However I dream of both and aye I'm going watching Alba!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    No unfortunately and Yes.

I suspect if you asked the same question to the Rangers team (replacing "passion for Hibs" with "passion for Rangers") then the answer would be No and No.
    Well as a rangers fan rangers come first always but i will be at the game tomorrow and wed.

First Team Breakthrough Lewis77's Avatar

???????

Well as a rangers fan rangers come first always but i will be at the game tomorrow and wed.

Thought all gers fans wished they were english?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    I support Scotland when there playing simple as But Hibs always come first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis77 View Post
    No not at all.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis77 View Post
    Bit of stereotyping there

Won't be going but I dont think my passion for Scotland is any less than it is for hibs...it's just different.

You can lose interest in what the national team is doing but you can never lose the love for them due to the fact it's your country and you can't change that.

It's a different sort of love because you can't choose to have another national team. It's also great the way it brings fans of all clubs together and unites them under one banner.

To the OP, Rangers have been a disgrace as far as the national team has been concerned in the past few years. Poaching the manager, fans supporting England, whinging players and others bringing the whole nation down with their antics!!

Blues who care about our country should be up in arms!

I'm going to both games. I love Scotland but Hibs always come first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    Won't be going but I dont think my passion for Scotland is any less than it is for hibs...it's just different.

You can lose interest in what the national team is doing but you can never lose the love for them due to the fact it's your country and you can't change that.

It's a different sort of love because you can't choose to have another national team. It's also great the way it brings fans of all clubs together and unites them under one banner.

To the OP, Rangers have been a disgrace as far as the national team has been concerned in the past few years. Poaching the manager, fans supporting England, whinging players and others bringing the whole nation down with their antics!!

Blues who care about our country should be up in arms!
    Rangers needed a manager asked WS he said yes as he is a rangers man and the lure of getting one last shot of manageing the team he supported as a boy was to much as you said it's a different sort of love team and country and WS love for rangers was far greater than his love for scotland, no different from hibs asking JH to be manager imo. Rangers fans who suppoert England are usally english, what you mean whinging players who are you talking about?

Jock through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversand View Post
    What's with the Police state?

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Yes and Yes, looking forward to tomorrow afternoon

Rangers needed a manager asked WS he said yes as he is a rangers man and the lure of getting one last shot of manageing the team he supported as a boy was to much as you said it's a different sort of love team and country and WS love for rangers was far greater than his love for scotland, no different from hibs asking JH to be manager imo. Rangers fans who suppoert England are usally english, what you mean whinging players who are you talking about?
    Must admit I was peeved at Wally for that, but more so for him telling Scotty, Thomo and Whitty to stay put and learn their trade, only for him to try his hand to take them when he returned to Rangers....

If Wally was a flop for Scotland there wouldn't be a debate, but he was as successfull as we have been for years.