hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Not at a Hibs game, but took the girlfriend to a Falkirk match (her team) vs Killie - Garry Hay comes over to take a throw in, and folk around the tent (it's NOT a stand!) start shouting "Hay!" "Hay!!!" "HAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!" at him.

Garry Hay promptly flucks up the throw-in and ends up just dropping the ball.

Nothing pants-wetting, but fairly amusing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by McHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That has just reminded me of seeing a streaker. I was pretty p*shed so I might be wrong, but I am certain it was at Tynecastle when we played St Johnstone in the CIS semi. Does anyone else remember this?
    Aye, I think he got a bit stuck trying to get back over the gate.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McHibby View Post
    That has just reminded me of seeing a streaker. I was pretty p*shed so I might be wrong, but I am certain it was at Tynecastle when we played St Johnstone in the CIS semi. Does anyone else remember this?

Hilarious, specially when he caught his n#knads on the gate

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    pretty sure it was season 98. we took a healthy crowd to dunfermline. our end was pretty much packed when the hibs players ran out just to warm up when kevin harper clicked his own heels and done a summersalt. as quick as a flash a guy beside us shouted penalty[our whole end burst out laughing]

My favourite shout was from last season vs Kilmarnock at home when one man behind me - so incensed at a poor referee decision, leaned on my back thus throwing his voice further, letting out this iresome rant -

"Referee, I'm going to follow you home and **** your wife"

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    There was one game last season when me had Mike 'simple the best' McCurry for a ref. He was having a stinker so we started chanting "Mike McCurry your a ******"

Then right after we stopped the away fans started.

Another from last season was when rankin scored the sqiggler. Right as he took the shot my brother yelled "waht ya doing ya daft cunnnnn-GOOOAAAL"

everyone around him at the FF lower were p*ssin themselfs

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    either

1) deal shields scoring a penalty and celebrating by punching craig gordon (that's the way i chose to remember it!),

2) collins on scotsport just after he left hibs, think it wasa mixus forst game incharge. hibs results left till last. deano scores a hattrick and the last question of the whole show is " and Dean Shields scored a hattrick, now he's not a player you ever really rated John, so what do you think about that?"

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    I once witnessed a man being booked for being repulsively-ugly, sheer comedy in the east terracing that day

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Last pre-season's game at RRFC. One of oor guys lashed it oot the park onto Pratt St. The baw struck some auld guy's letterbox and bounced away doon the road. Ten seconds later the auld boy's oot and looking up and doon the street to see who's rapped his door and boogered off! Classic! Made the game infinitely more enjoyable for Jonty and me!
    that was brilliant. The highlight of a truly awful evening.

I remember going to East End Park for the game where Proctor was in charge (we won 4-0, or 4-1) and there was a guy right at the back of the stand who got told to sit down by the steward, the boy sat down - but when the steward started down the steps again the boy stood up.

So the steward goes back up, gets him to sit down and heads back down the stairs. Guy gets up again.

Third time, the steward is back up, this time the crowd are starting to give the steward some stick. I think he might have even got the polis along the 3rd time.

As the guy sits down and the steward heads down the stairs again, with the guy well and truly told that he has to sit down, someone starts the chant....

"Stand up, if you hate Jam Tarts" - everyone's on their feet!

In fairness to the steward, he laughed when it happened too.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by The Whip View Post
    The rugby ball being thrown onto the pitch from the East Stand during an Edinburgh derby at Easter Road a few years ago. It was around about the time when Hearts were looking at moving to Murrayfield just before Romanov came along and "saved" them.

The timing of the rugby ball landing on the pitch was genius, it was during a break in the play as Craig Gordon went to fetch the proper ball from the touchline and the crowd was pretty silent. Then the "thud" of the rugby ball hitting the turf and Plukey throwing off the pitch rugby style! Brilliant!

That was a cracker. IIRC the rugby ball actually hit the football just before Gordon was about to take a free kick and knocked it off the spot he'd placed it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    A few seasons back at Rugby Park at half time their man comes out, looks at the Hibs fans, and shouts "so, who are you?"

Within an instant the entire stand of hibees begin a 15 minute period of non stop abuse. No one in the entire stadium could hear the guy and half way through he realises he made a massive mistake and wimpers "eh.....alright...eh.....ha....ha...eh......co me on lads.....eh" and walks off nearly greetin while the stand of hibs fans continues with the songs and piss taking. Was hilarious to be at
    Oh aye I remember this one as well, classical stuff

Big Frank Dougan wiping out some of the seats at Daugavpils "stadium" when he attempted to have a seat was quite amusing!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    At Love St during the time that Tommy Craig was caretaker in early 2008 we were losing 2-0 and the guy behind me was raging... "***** sake Hibs, this is p*sh" etc... and he kept getting himself worked up to the point where he screamed: "I can't take anymore of this, I'M GETTING FRUUUUSSSTRRRAAAATTEEDD!!!!"

Many moons ago, we were playing Falkirk in an evening game(brockville)it was freezing and we were all huddled near the halfway line and a shot whizzed past the post,sailed into the terracing where there were no supporters,except folk buying pies and bovril from a pie stand and as the ball is flying into the terracing a lad turns around from the pie stand carrying 2 bovrils and is hit square in the coupon, there is two large puffs of steam rising into the cold night,had everyone pi55in themselves.Couldnae believe it,what were the chances in an empty part of the ground?

Being at Ibrox and hearing some smart arse asking "what is he going to do" as Ivan was brought on before demolishing the huns. The rest, is history.

Can't remember anything about the match, who we were playing or when, although I think it was the early 90's. I was in the East terracing and the ball got whacked out for a throw in, into the old main stand. There was a guy struggling past everyone in the front row with two cups of something hot. Everyone in the east were following the path of the ball as it smashed the two cups oot his hands. The whole place was in uproar, he just stood looking at the his empty hands, probably thinking of the total waste of time and money he had just had, brilliant!

The other was the best comment I ever heard at a game. Love Street in the 90's and Victor (hard Spaniard built like a tank) was playing for them. He hacked the Hibs players off the park for most of the game, but late on he was fouled by a Hibs player. He starting complaining to the ref about the awful takle, when a guy in the crowd shouted "you've got a brass neck Victor", to which someone else replied, "naw, he's nae f.....g neck". The fact he didnt actually have a neck just a big heid perched on a tank like body still has me chuckling now.

At home to Gretna, when Zarabi made his debut (haha) boy behind me was chanting for O'Brien to come on for 70 odd minutes.

Finally AO'B comes on, literally his first touch of the ball is greeted by the same guy with cries of 'O'Brien! Your p1sh!!'

Left by mutual consent!
    Thierry Gathuessi against St Mirren (?) a while back.. Picks the ball up in our half, glides through half their team down the right wing, skinning about 4 players, through the middle, in and out, like Maradona, gets to the edge of their box goes to hit it, and falls flat on his arse.

Boy I was with sarcastically goes 'Nice one Chimbonda'
    Last edited by Chuckie; 03-09-2009 at 12:54 PM.

So many to choose from, a few which have already been covered but whilst at a Hibs v St Johnstone match at McDermaid Park some of our fans started singing "Moose sh***in b*****d your just a moose sh***in b*****d" which was directed at Nick Dasovic (sp?). BEAUTY!

I can remember playing st. Johnstone in Perth and sum poor mug dislocated his shoulder throwing the ball back after sauzee had scored a free kick! It was so rammed that we had to sit in the home end. Shame goal down and a trip to the hospital....

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Most of the chants from the preseason against Shamrock this year, but especially 'If you hate the Hearts, shoes awwf!'

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4246138_n.jpg

(shoes in centre of the pic)

I would have taken a picture earlier but I was doubled up laughing.

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    Most of the chants from the preseason against Shamrock this year, but especially 'If you hate the Hearts, shoes awwf!'

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4246138_n.jpg

(shoes in centre of the pic)

I would have taken a picture earlier but I was doubled up laughing.

Along with the Ballgirl Gie Us a Wave and Fireman chants. The whole game was a cracking laugh!!! But the best bit was the first outing(I Think) of the new Nade song!!!

I think a crappy game of football might have broken out in amongst all the funny songs aswell!!

The rugby ball incident against Hearts was a classic.

(Pedant alert:) Keith Houchen missed the penalty v Standard Liege rather than Videoton.

Always some great one-liners to be heard. v Dundee Utd, Rob Jones getting a lecture from one of the smaller refs - 'Dinnae talk doon tae him Jones!'

Dnipro player getting treatment from the physio at ER: 'Get up you ya f****n nobody'

Once I was at a Dundee-ICT cup semi at Hampden. A high ball lands two inches behind the linesman's head and he doesn't move, flinch or even appear to notice. The guy in front stands up, smacks his head and shouts 'MCFLY!!!' a la Back to the Future.

First game of the season against St Mirren, Rankin, Cregg and McCann share some tidy passes on the right flank before the ball's thumped up to Nish. Guy near by: 'Well that's more passes than we had all of last season so thats a start'

Rangers game last season - there's a noticeable amount of empty seats at the Dunbar End: Fan A points this out to his mate who says matter of factly - 'aye - one of the ferries must have broken down'.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinger View Post

(Pedant alert:) Keith Houchen missed the penalty v Standard Liege rather than Videoton.
    It was FC Liege - you can't out-pedant me!

There was a game at home to Airdrie in the early 90s, one of those typically brutal ones where you were guaranteed a red card or two. Anyway, an Airdrie player was injured in front of the East Terrace and their physio had to come on. As he ran on, he shoulder-barged Pat McGinlay (may have squared up to him but memory is vague there) which angered the nearby fans who booed him as he gave treatment. Instead of being intimidated by this, the physio walked the long way back to the bench past all the Hibs fans, eyeballing them all the way as he took the abuse. It was funny but maybe because I was separated from this psycho by a fence.

Couple of other things also from the 90s:
    End of season game and Hibs youth players are sent out at full time to thank the fans with a piece of printed card each. Not sure the message "HTAKN YUO" was what Hibs intended but it seemed to fit the shambolic nature of our club at the time.

Also remember a game where Mickey Weir pulled St Johnstone fatty John McLelland's shorts down. Don't think he got booked for it. How the game has changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    It was FC Liege - you can't out-pedant me!
    Indeed it was. What a rookie mistake!

A certain JM Bosman played for them that night I believe.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    When Bobby Thomson shoved the linesman in a game against St Johnstone which we won 9-1 I think, wot a bam he was!
    he was a complete bampot.the game you are thinking of was 4-1 hibs with a willie irvine hat-trick, and he pushed the linesman because there was a hibs player lying injured about 30 yards out (playing john brogan onside ) when st johnstone scored at which point tommo lost it despite us being about 3-0 up at the time !!!.
    dont think he ever got a look in after that.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    There was one game last season when me had Mike 'simple the best' McCurry for a ref. He was having a stinker so we started chanting "Mike McCurry your a ******"

Then right after we stopped the away fans started.
    Another from last season was when rankin scored the sqiggler. Right as he took the shot my brother yelled "waht ya doing ya daft cunnnnn-GOOOAAAL"

everyone around him at the FF lower were p*ssin themselfs

That was the Aberdeen fans
    Fairly humerous bunch
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Big Frank Dougan wiping out some of the seats at Daugavpils "stadium" when he attempted to have a seat was quite amusing!
    Haha, remember that well,

just picturing big frank, and Nade on a seasaw

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    After the journey up from lancashire for the first game of the season, imagine how funny it was to see Colin Nish line up in the first eleven. My friends and i thought it was a candid camera sketch, we were all in stitches laughing. We all know how Yogi likes a laugh, but then the game started, and Nish was still on the pitch, and the joke was on us.