hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shock no money

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Any news on the stadium?

2. Log in to remove the advert

They are well and truely ROOKED. Nae money....oot of Europe....players suspended.......Injuries all over the place...their getting to see their quality youngster ?????????

**** the Yams the whole ****in lot o them. I hope they go into administration and are truely ****ed.

lets all at the yams ****ers

PS I hate them

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any news on the stadium?
    sssshh no news is good news

Dexter's come up with a blinding observation on Sickbag:

it's a very risky plan to start relying on the youth players...it'll either work, or it won't.

He's like a pseudo-philosopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

it's a very risky plan to start relying on the youth players...it'll either work, or it won't.

State the obvious why dont you. The difference here to there is our young lads are quality and they are just boys.

I can't believe that in the space of a week Hibs spend more than half a million of Stokes, Hearts get horsed in Croatia, the club announces it won't sign any players and receives more than £300k from Sunderland and they seem to be perfectly content.

If that doesn't have them upset, nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

Very smart cookie thon Dexter

Bet if someone is tossing a coin he'll say it's either heads or tails with a philisophical nod of his cerebrally challenged Yam bonce

Only in Yamland is not signing a decent striker - when you have none aleady - "a good thing".

They just don't understand what terrible trouble they're in do they?

Meanwhile over at ER most of us all still convinced they'll be some more comings (and maybe some) goings.

Roll on tomorrow and roll on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Very interesting indeed. in the interview with Csaba on sunday after the current buns game when asked by Chick Young about his future at the club. He said it was about his vision and whether the club shares that and whether it will support it. I took from that that he would very definately take a dim view of a failure to strengthen the team.

I think the next 7 days will be very interesting - indeed amusing for us and painful for the neighbours!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgian dubh80
    I've been reading too - you wouldn't believe it were true unless you saw it with your own eyes! My personal favourite:

I'm willing to scarifice a season in Europe (whats the point anyway apart from getting away for a good bevy?) to bring on some exciting youngsters who might bring us some entertainment and add an extra dimension to the team.

Csaba has said he is happy with this situation, it seems to me like he has had a talk with Romanov and they have came to an agreement.
    Good stuff. (WTF?! )

"Ken Barlow - take a bow son!"
    Last edited by IndieHibby; 27-08-2009 at 12:36 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    I find it hard to understand how they can take the view they do.

Even in our darkest times I can't remember an absolute embargo on signing players - if there had been, I'm sure that whoever was manager at the time would have walked immediately.

Mowbray worked on a very tight budget, but there were still lots of comings and goings - more players brought in than leaving, in fact.

Collins complained that the Hibs board lacked ambition, and left - the day after we opened the East Mains complex, cost £5,000,000. And he signed a round dozen of what he apparently thought were footballers.

Even Williamson was able to bring in SOME players - didn't he sign Murdock (bad example, I know) and Danny Andersson and Matt Doumbe?

If Vlad can't offer Shabby ANYTHING to bring in a new striker, when the need is so glaringly obvious, something has surely come seriously unravelled among his other holdings?

And what's with these injuries - Elliot and Driver do their heels in (sounds like Achilles trouble to me, which could be serious and recurring) and now Jonsson has a 'stomach injury' (probably got paired off with Nade in a wheelbarrow race at Rickarton). Can't play the yopungsters if they're all crocked. Isn't Wagner injured too?

The plot thickens, methinks.

And if Shabby has any sort of a backbone, he'll be out of there within the month. Sooner, in fact.

Shabby's obviously been slapped back into place by Vlad following his wee outburst at the weekend .

"You want a new striker? No problem, I'll let you promote one the under 19s - hey presto, you have a new striker. Isn't Meester Romanov good to you?"

The bit that gets me is that their target for the season now appears to be to get into the top six and not to get put out the cup in the first round - yes, you read it right, the top six. The same team that were moving onto to a different level, were going to challenge the OF and win the Champions League are now setting them selves the same target that Motherwell and Kilmarnock will have done at the start of the season. And are planning not to get pumped out the wee cup at the first hurdle, which will be deemed as success.

Hilarious. You couldn't make it up, but as usual the Believers will bend over and take it.
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 27-08-2009 at 05:54 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shugster View Post
    Shabby's obviously been slapped back into place by Vlad following his wee outburst at the weekend .

"You want a new striker? No problem, I'll let you promote one the under 19s - hey presto, you have a new striker. Isn't Meester Romanov good to you?"

The bit that gets me is that their target for the season now appears to be to get into the top six and not to get put out the cup in the first round - yes, you read it right, the top six. The same team that were moving onto to a different level, were going to challenge the OF and win the Champions League are now setting them selves the same target that Motherwell and Kilmarnock will have done at the start of the season. And are planning not to get pumped out the wee cup at the first hurdle, which will be deemed as success.

Hilarious. You couldn't make it up, but as usual the Believers will bend over and take it.
    And all realistic teams, including ourselves. Once that is achieved then we look upwards imho

Vlad gets away with murder and this lot meekly accept it.

Some comments from the Scotsman.

The real Manager of the year last year, will do a good job, Hearts 3rd, if not 3nd, depends on Mowbrays defence management which so far dont look to hot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER ,outwith OF, Hearts have the strongest pool in the goalkeeping/defence/midfield areas IMO & much the same as last season,despite our lack of forward options, we will be in the mix for 3rd;no different from last season.....with hopefully better performances in the cup.Season over.....hardly!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will laugh at the teams who cant beat our youngsters (and pie-munchers). Just imagine the shame if Nade or Witteveen score against Hibs!!

I also laugh at Hibs ambitions which are .......well, what are they? Yogi has said he is not setting targets, he is too cute for setting himself up for a fall. He doesnt need too though, half the Hibbies that come on here are doing it for him!! All talk, no action!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This can be good news because the likes of Glen will get there chance.Theres no point buying if the standard is not good enough.Lets build with the youngsters,Im glad to hear that the Hibbies are so sure about being the the favs when we play them,lets wait until the end of the season.
    The fans are going to have give the laddies a chance and not get on there backs if they make mistakes.
    Come on Csaba were right behind you lets start with a win in Perth.
    JT for life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are the wee team.

Us not signing a striker won't change that.

You're used to it by now surely?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A season or two of honest mediocrity, coupled with the promise of a talented young squad being properly coached & growing together could be just what the doctor ordered.

It's a sustainable concept, and one which has been talked about often, but may actually start to happen now in a meaningful and co-ordinated way.

Well done Hearts, and good luck Csaba.