• Centre Back

18 19.78%
  • Centre Mid

43 47.25%
  • Squad player to cover all positions

13 14.29%

Murray's best position?

What are everyone's thoughts?

Personally i see him best at CB, but a partnership with Hogg would lack a bit of ariel dominance...

2. Log in to remove the advert

doggy

Center mid but he'll probably play the utility role and fit in where needed.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are everyone's thoughts?

Personally i see him best at CB, but a partnership with Hogg would lack a bit of ariel dominance...
    I think his best position was midfield, i'm not sure if he has the legs to play in there anymore. I do like him at centre half, although if he were to play there, for me he would replace hogg, not partner him. I have a hunch we will see him at left back this season, after his suspension. He's played there pre season, if he was to play any other position, we'd have seen him there i think.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think his best position was midfield, i'm not sure if he has the legs to play in there anymore. I do like him at centre half, although if he were to play there, for me he would replace hogg, not partner him. I have a hunch we will see him at left back this season, after his suspension. He's played there pre season, if he was to play any other position, we'd have seen him there i think.

He played as partner to Thicot at Tynecastle last season, and organised and directed the back four very well. One thought I have is that he and Bamba together might work, but that means Hogg is dropped, and as Hogg is captain that's not likely.

It's a natural progression for a midfielder to step back to sweeper as he grows older, but then teams don't seem to play the sweeper system these days.

I have no problem with Chris Hogg, but I have to say I was a wee bit surprised that Ian wasn't made team captain. But I have every confidence in Chris in that role.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by stenhouse hibby View Post
    doggy

I would prefer him in midfield but more than happy with him at LB/CB, hes a great utility player and gives everything no matter where he plays.

@hibs.net private member
    I think that IN THE CURRENT STRONGEST LINEUP Murray is best played at LB. That's because he's the clear standout leader in that position from the currently available contenders.

At his other favoured positions - CB and CDM - it's less clear cut as we have stronger options - although I could still see him standing in at those positions at various times

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

I agree, when he was first here he was an attacking left midfielder but injuries have caught up with him and as you said his legs are not what they were.His experience and knowledge would stand him in good stead for the defensive midfield role.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    doggy

I prefer him at left-back, although if it came down to a choice I'd have Murray in midfield instead of Rankin and Hanlon at left back.

Left by mutual consent!
    doggy

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Left midfield isn't an option and it really should be IMO. He's been getting into the box a lot this pre-season, and i reckon would get 6 or 7 goals if he were playing there this season. In the last season he played there he got 10.

I think he's better in the middle of the park but in terms of fitting into our squad, it makes more sense having him at left back...at least until Hanlon has some more games under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think he's better in the middle of the park but in terms of fitting into our squad, it makes more sense having him at left back...at least until Hanlon has some more games under his belt.
    If he's going to play left back how's Hanlon gong to get more games under his belt?

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    He is a solid defender and can do a great job at left back and centre half, but he does his best work when playing in CM

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    He is a solid defender and can do a great job at left back and centre half, but he does his best work when playing in CM
    I agree he is a solid defender, but worry if he still has the legs for the midfield role.