hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Mobilising Hibees against the forces of darkness

There have been many a comment about the Vlad sheep and how it could not have stood here.

However is it just wishful thinking or do we indeed have key movers and shakers who could/would step up to the mark of required like the dark days of the takeover.

And if the answer is no/donno then should we not perhaps think about having such a force in place. STF will not be around forever we cannot afford to rest on our laurels IMO.

"It wont happen to us" - dont you think the Jambos thought/think that?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Is that a Yes I know or Yes I think?

You mean like a quick reaction force, ready to react at a moments notice when the balloon goes up? Would there be uniforms?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean like a quick reaction force, ready to react at a moments notice when the balloon goes up? Would there be uniforms?
    Only for those with a fetish

Quote Originally Posted by loko View Post
    Only for those with a fetish
    Excellent. I'm in.

Er...........I mean........erm.............stuff it I am still in.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Uniforms would be spot-on. An old pimped-up ambulance like in Ghostbusters would be good as well, like as an emergency response vehicle.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

There have been many a comment about the Vlad sheep and how it could not have stood here.

However is it just wishful thinking or do we indeed have key movers and shakers who could/would step up to the mark of required like the dark days of the takeover.

And if the answer is no/donno then should we not perhaps think about having such a force in place. STF will not be around forever we cannot afford to rest on our laurels IMO.

"It wont happen to us" - dont you think the Jambos thought/think that?
    In seriousness, given STF's commitment to the ideas of community and sustainability - his very involvement with the club appeared to stem from wanting to preserve it as part of Leith and Edinburgh - what makes you think he wants anything other than for the club to secure itself and eventually become some sort of trust?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    And do we get to run about in fields at night on manouevres with boot polish on our faces and bits of twigs sticking out our helmets? Oh wait a minute thats another website.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post
    In seriousness, given STF's commitment to the ideas of community and sustainability - his very involvement with the club appeared to stem from wanting to preserve it as part of Leith and Edinburgh - what makes you think he wants anything other than for the club to secure itself and eventually become some sort of trust?
    Yes back to the point... I dont doubt SFTs good intentions and hope they are realised. but they just dont materialise by magic. Hopefully we have trusty custodians and folks to hold them into account.

Too easy to point fun at the yams and assume that things will take care of themselves here.

Were in a different era now from the dark days of the takeover. How many folks would turn out for a hands off hibs rally today? Or would they prefer to raise an online petition thinking that would do the trick? I hope it would be around the amount we got last time round (10K?) but who knows.

Yes back to the point... I dont doubt SFTs good intentions and hope they are realised. but they just dont materialise by magic. Hopefully we have trusty custodians and folks to hold them into account.

Too easy to point fun at the yams and assume that things will take care of themselves here.

Were in a different era now from the dark days of the takeover. How many folks would turn out for a hands off hibs rally today? Or would they prefer to raise an online petition thinking that would do the trick? I hope it would be around the amount we got last time round (10K?) but who knows.
    You're right, they don't.

I suppose if we were wanting to head in that direction, well we would have to do a whole bunch of things. Try and get rid of outstanding debt for one (unless it made financial sense not to).

Maybe try and complete all our capital expenditure projects (stadium, other facilities etc) so they weren't hanging round the neck of the club.

Probably try and switch to a model where our outgoings came from regular income so that the club was as sustainable as possible.

Maybe try and set up some sort of off-shoot of the club to start building a presence as a force for good in the community.

That's the sort of things I'd be looking out for

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    And do we get to run about in fields at night on manouevres with boot polish on our faces and bits of twigs sticking out our helmets? Oh wait a minute thats another website.........
    Well, if there are nurses in their uniforms involved in this as well, I'm definitely in!