hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Presumably there's nothing (ie no law) to stop you from having a bevvy in the back of a car as long as the car driver is sober.

If the law applies to buses I don't see why drinking in cars should be an exception.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bathhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i am with Surreyhibbie on this one.
    I run a 52 Seater from Bath to Cardiff for the Rugby (our 3rd 3ear) and I specify a Coach with a Bog as we will have Bevvy on board.
    Not once has any of the Carriers had a problem with us
    I think it could be lose interpretation of the Law, ie like stopping Miners on the Motorway many years ago.
    It's largely a football rule - I've known of occasions in the past where coaches have been sent back to their original destination and banning orders etc handed out because of drinking on coaches. We get away with it when we do it going to non-league and rugby games, but no such luck once there's any sort of attention on the games.

TBH I really don't know what the big fuss is about. Are people really that desperate to have a bevy at 7 in the morning? Once we get to Bolton which should be about 10.30-11:00 people can then drink for the next 3 to 4 hours.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    TBH I really don't know what the big fuss is about. Are people really that desperate to have a bevy at 7 in the morning? Once we get to Bolton which should be about 10.30-11:00 people can then drink for the next 3 to 4 hours.
    That's all well and good for you but what about the alcoholics amongst our support?

Should they be discrimanated against with this ridiculous draconian law?

The worlds gone PC mad when you can bum a man up the back of a coach but you cannae have a wee cheeky swally of cider.

Fight the power.

@hibs.net private member
    I was the first person in Scotland to be found guilty of this so called crime 26 years ago when and the bus driver on the Carlton branch bus and i were both arrested and charged at Muirton Park. I got fined £40 but got my 10 cans back even though I was 16.

it is an offence to drink or carry drink to a designated sporting ground in the UK.

That's why me and my Jakey pals are going by train

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    That's all well and good for you but what about the alcoholics amongst our support?

The worlds gone PC mad when you can bum a man up the back of a coach but you cannae have a wee cheeky swally of cider.

Fight the power.
    I'm on a bus the morn, thanks for the warning I'll no be sitting up the back then

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post

Fight the power.
    You're on form tonight Chuckie and that camelback is a great idea 3ltrs of voddy in it , get in there

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    Its not the fact that I want to. Its the fact that I cant. This Big Brother state says that I as a private citizen cannot consume my own legally purchased alcohol at a time of my choosing. Just because I am on a bus to a football game.

Madness.

J

I hate you Butler.........

The law truly is an ass on this issue. I'd like to know the actual reasoning behind it? Other than, of course, giving the polis an easier time of it later in the day maybe.

Can't imagine why you can't have a couple of beers on a private hire coach to be honest.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    The law truly is an ass on this issue. I'd like to know the actual reasoning behind it? Other than, of course, giving the polis an easier time of it later in the day maybe.

Can't imagine why you can't have a couple of beers on a private hire coach to be honest.
    Cos its control, control, control with this government! You will not have freewill!

Soon you wont be able to buy anything without your chip & pin and national ID card. Then we will not be allowed names and will just be refered to by the state as the number on your ID card!

What if you are:

1. A casual
    2. A jakey
    3. travelling by bus
    4. out for Chorley

do you get four warnings?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Nothing new here. Plenty busses were turned back on route to Brussels on the M1 in 1992. The busses all re-routed down the M6 instead.

I used to run a bus to scotland games and we would always stop at Hearthill to get rid of all evidence of bevvy in case we got stopped on the outskirts of Glasgow.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasta_Hibs View Post
    Cos its control, control, control with this government! You will not have freewill!

Soon you wont be able to buy anything without your chip & pin and national ID card. Then we will not be allowed names and will just be refered to by the state as the number on your ID card!
    Agree 100% Rasta.

Not me though, the resistance starts here!

and BTW, I am deadly serious.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasta_Hibs View Post

I an not a number.

I am a person.

( Come in number six. Yer times up )