hibs.net Messageboard

Friday night drinkies

What with a whole lot of Hibbies having to get up at silly am on Saturday morning to get down to Bolton from Edinburgh, this presumably means that a good deal of said Hibbies will be doing the medically questionable thing of drinking tomorrow night. I have an Israeli friend over and tomorrow night is his last night in Edinburgh - I am basically faced with 2 choices - either a mini pub crawl down ER/Leith Walk or to the Spiegel tent for overpriced, yet multi-cultural fun. So, firstly, how many Hibbies are liable to be on either of those 2 great throughfares tomorrow night and secondly where pulls the best pint on either of those 2. I'll probably go to the Spiegel tent if ER/Leith Walk are liable to be dead and/or full of bams.

Possibly this should be on another board now I think about it, so Admins, move if you wish.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Basically, what your saying is, Ive got a friend over and I want to get hammered, where is Antwerp Hibs going, well I'm not planning on going anywhere.

But I would suggest, going into town, proper and teaching him a lesson. E.g. We don't need to bomb our neighbours

@hibs.net private member
    Harp and Castle, mate. Leith Walks finest, good Hibby bar owned by a good Hibby.

Magic pint of Belhaven Best and it's open fronted so you can sit outside and perv, ehm, watch the world go by.......

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What with a whole lot of Hibbies having to get up at silly am on Saturday morning to get down to Bolton from Edinburgh, this presumably means that a good deal of said Hibbies will be doing the medically questionable thing of drinking tomorrow night. I have an Israeli friend over and tomorrow night is his last night in Edinburgh - I am basically faced with 2 choices - either a mini pub crawl down ER/Leith Walk or to the Spiegel tent for overpriced, yet multi-cultural fun. So, firstly, how many Hibbies are liable to be on either of those 2 great throughfares tomorrow night and secondly where pulls the best pint on either of those 2. I'll probably go to the Spiegel tent if ER/Leith Walk are liable to be dead and/or full of bams.

Possibly this should be on another board now I think about it, so Admins, move if you wish.

GGTTH
    I believe the spiegel tent is not in Edinburgh this year due to trouble the past couple of years. I hear it's down at Norh Berwick.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I believe the spiegel tent is not in Edinburgh this year due to trouble the past couple of years. I hear it's down at Norh Berwick.
    Yep correct. I was up at the spiegel tent's old spot last night, can't remember what it's called now but still a good laugh even though the beer is extortinate
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Yep correct. I was up at the spiegel tent's old spot last night, can't remember what it's called now but still a good laugh even though the beer is extortinate
    Oh right so there is something else there instead? Might pop up tonight have a wee look. Saying that if it's super dear then 2 pints and back to the local for me

Might be inclined to start at the Persevere, 2 steak and chips and a bottle of [admittedly crap] wine for £20 all in. Their other food is good too.

Take in the Coopers for an early Karaoke, I might be there, then just make your way up the road. If at any stage you get fed up with ER leap on a bus and go up town.

The Harp & Castle is a very good Hibees pub but to be quite honest I’m not very keen on many others on Leith Walk.
    Space to let

Go to Nobles and get him trashed on Gran Reserva Peroni.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrie's Tache View Post
    Top Beer! But they do Innis & Gunn too, another cracker, but from Edinburgh.
    I shall be checking out this Harp and Castle tonight, a recon mission, if you will for tommorow morning, as prior experiences have taught me that navigation + early mornings dont usually mix, especially with a hangover thrown in. I shall be on my Jack Jones. Say hello!

Good choice

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brightonhibby View Post
    Top Beer! But they do Innis & Gunn too, another cracker, but from Edinburgh.
    I shall be checking out this Harp and Castle tonight, a recon mission, if you will for tommorow morning, as prior experiences have taught me that navigation + early mornings dont usually mix, especially with a hangover thrown in. I shall be on my Jack Jones. Say hello!
    Mental stuff, had some at the bar opposite the station (?Hebridean) last weekend, like drinking a caramel wafer that gets you pished, weird.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrie's Tache View Post
    Has nobles started putting bands on again yet or are they happy with crowds of 2 or 3 still?