hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have never had mega bucks, we made a good bit of money in our run to the eufa final but the teams that got relegated from the premiership made more.
    Sorry to appear rude to a guest such as yourself but what part of "being in the top 20 in the WORLD for revenue "do you not understand.The idea that clubs in the lower end of the EPL have more income is OF fantasy fed to gullible supporters by the sycophantic weegie press.Go and have a look at Deloittes football income lists for the past few years and have your eyes opened.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Personally think both the Old Firm teams would hold their own in the EPL which from middle down is choc full of pretty average but physically powerful teams. Just cant see it happening to be honest as why would the middle to bottom premiership teams and the middle to top Championship teams basically vote against their best interests. To suggest neither or them could do ok in England given their size, support and increased revenue is nonsense IMO.

Hi all, there isl oads of questions to anwser, mostly on manchester so i will try and keep it to this post, Im not happy with the so called fans who caused trouble in manchester, there was about 200,000 folk there MOST behaved themselfs, as someone said folk where pissing on the streets, I would say it was up allys behind trees ect the reason simple they was not enough toilets put out litter in the street, yes there was very few bins and it was left in the designated squares, granted at 11pm after the game the spuare was a tip but by 7am you would never have known we were there, at T in the park the site is still being cleared 3 weeks later, the trouble folk say was happening all day, I can't really comment i was in the square where it all kicked off up to 6pm before leaving for the game and did not see 1 bit of trouble untill i got to my hotel an seen the news.
    Manchester will be a day I will remember for the rest of my life apart from the performance on the park it was a fantastic day for me and i won't let the thugs who caused bother take away my memorys.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Welcome to the board, you should get on quite well with a couple of guys on here who pretend to be Hibs fans but we have doubts about...

My first question for you is this. If I went on Follow Follow and had the user name 'green is the colour', how do you think the natives would react? I think I might give it a try.

Oh, one footnote, the term Hun was commonly used to refer to Germans long before anyone had ever heard of Nazis. My wife's a 'Hun', in that sense, and she certainly wouldn't like the (probably unintended) inference that she's a Nazi. Sticks and Stones though, eh.....
    That would be like me coming on here with a username maroon is the colour, there is a hibs fan who posts on followfollow username john robbo beleive it or not and hamilton fans ect, as long as you go on and respect the rules it's not a problem, if you start the crap calling folk huns ect then you will get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    What about McArthur? Thought that was a done deal?
    He wouldn't get in to the rangers team IMO, he is a really good hamilton player but most folk don't think he is any better than th likes of Charlie Adam (he is a good player by the way just not good enough for rangers.)

That would be like me coming on here with a username maroon is the colour, there is a hibs fan who posts on followfollow username john robbo beleive it or not and hamilton fans ect, as long as you go on and respect the rules it's not a problem, if you start the crap calling folk huns ect then you will get banned.
    I find it seriously hard to believe that any Hibs fan would last more than a few posts on Follow Follow without being subjected to the usual guff.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

[QUOTE=GordonTurnbull;2118769]Just a personal question blueismaybeacolourbuta*****oneanyway: where do you come from?[/QUOTE]

Glasgow and rangers is my local team if thats what you getting at

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Sorry to appear rude to a guest such as yourself but what part of "being in the top 20 in the WORLD for revenue "do you not understand.The idea that clubs in the lower end of the EPL have more income is OF fantasy fed to gullible supporters by the sycophantic weegie press.Go and have a look at Deloittes football income lists for the past few years and have your eyes opened.
    I don't know how they go about making this list, but trust me rangers don't have money, would you be able to check what number rangers were on the list last season, at one stage there was talk of us going bust but im sure we where still above loads of the english teams on the list.

I don't know how they go about making this list, but trust me rangers don't have money, would you be able to check what number rangers were on the list last season, at one stage there was talk of us going bust but im sure we where still above loads of the english teams on the list.
    That's completely different from the revenue you bring in.

Like our maroon friends across the city, you have money coming in (and in your case, massive amounts) but unfortunately it gets pished up the wall on useless players from Lithuania (or Adam/Gow etc. in your case).

The reason Rangers are so far in debt is because you've been overspending against your income for years, and it's now coming home to roost.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I find it seriously hard to believe that any Hibs fan would last more than a few posts on Follow Follow without being subjected to the usual guff.

john robbo

resident of the leith san siro

Thats the guys username he has over 2000 posts.
    As I said mate he goes on and talks football if folk have any questions regarding games at easter rd or about hibs he's usally the one they ask.

john robbo

resident of the leith san siro

Thats the guys username he has over 2000 posts.
    As I said mate he goes on and talks football if folk have any questions regarding games at easter rd or about hibs he's usally the one they ask.
    Link doesn't work. Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shugster View Post
    That's completely different from the revenue you bring in.

Like our maroon friends across the city, you have money coming in (and in your case, massive amounts) but unfortunately it gets pished up the wall on useless players from Lithuania (or Adam/Gow etc. in your case).

The reason Rangers are so far in debt is because you've been overspending against your income for years, and it's now coming home to roost.
    That what ive said mate, hence the reason we can't buy players, the best chance we have got of bringing in a CB is if celtic go out of champs league tomorrow night and that gives us an extra 2 million which i would hope would go on players, we have got rid of a few earners Fergie, Hemdani ect so things should hopfully get better.

Hi all, im new to the board, I will say first of all

Im not a hibs fans just a football fan and interested to know what supporter of different teams think about the scottish game, I hope this is allowed, I do expect it to be a rough ride but im willingto take the chance.

Welcome. We haven't had a resident Rangers fan for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Link doesn't work. Funny that.
    Well the name is john robbo and the leith san siro is what he has under his user name, there is nothing I can do if you don't believe me mate.

[QUOTE=blueisthecolour;2118886]
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonTurnbull View Post
    Just a personal question blueismaybeacolourbuta*****oneanyway: where do you come from?[/QUOTE]

Glasgow and rangers is my local team if thats what you getting at
    I'm all for fans supporting their local team. It's the gloryhunting barstewards that get my goat.

Well the name is john robbo and the leith san siro is what he has under his user name, there is nothing I can do if you don't believe me mate.
    A Hibs fan called John Robbo. Never thought I'd see the day

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Welcome. We haven't had a resident Rangers fan for a while.
    Cheers mate, Im enjoying my time so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    A Hibs fan called John Robbo. Never thought I'd see the day

You should be able to copy and paste one of his posts on here then.

I would but I can't remember my log in for follow follow. It may be nadeispish but I seriously don't know.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Athough there is not a lot of money from tv without rangers and celtic do you really think the tv company would give half the cash they are giving
    If they did give just half the cash ...

... then it would be an improvement ...

... given that the OF take at least 60% of the current cash on offer!
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    If they did give just half the cash ...

... then it would be an improvement ...

... given that the OF take at least 60% of the current cash on offer!
    If you did not know better, some people would think we were just here to make the numbers up eh.

Due to my technological ineptitude these are the most up to date figures I can find.

Season 2005/6 Rangers est. 88.5M euro-18th in list

2006/7 Place taken by Celtic 111.8M euro

attendances over a 4 year period Celtic 8th in Europe-Rangers 13th

If you google Deloittes football income list you may get more info.

First Team Breakthrough Hibee_Rab's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rabferg
    Haha why does follow follow has a banner saying rangers fc, the most succesful club in the world? There is bigging up your club and their is blatant lieing and that is the second

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee_Rab View Post
    Haha why does follow follow has a banner saying rangers fc, the most succesful club in the world? There is bigging up your club and their is blatant lieing and that is the second
    Who has won more silverware?

Who has won more silverware?
    You are kidding eh? Or do you really believe the huns are the most successful club in the world?

Regards success, remind us all how many European Cups youse have won when compared to other minnows such as liverpool, man u, barca, milan etc....closer to home, remind us when you last dominated the SPL regularly.

Deluded huns...priceless. for everything else, there is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs1875aye View Post
    You are kidding eh? Or do you really believe the huns are the most successful club in the world?
    To be fair to him, I think (and I may be wrong) that they have won more trophies than any other team in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shugster View Post
    To be fair to him, I think (and I may be wrong) that they have won more trophies than any other team in the world.
    Believe they said that on Sky Sports during their game against PSG at the weekend. Based on trophies they are probably the most successful team in the world but they would probably prefer to have the cash and a few Champions League titles instead of all those domestic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs1875aye View Post

Regards success, remind us all how many European Cups youse have won when compared to other minnows such as liverpool, man u, barca, milan etc....closer to home, remind us when you last dominated the SPL regularly.

Deluded huns...priceless. for everything else, there is reality.
    NO

I didn't say we have won the big european cup but we have won more cups than any other club in the world.

Could it be?

NO

I didn't say we have won the big european cup but we have won more cups than any other club in the world.
    Sorry. There was me stupidly considering success in the real world where we all live I.e. winning things that are WORTH winning and therefore making you successful.

Let's turn that around then and ask the liverpools, man u's, barcas if they would prefer THEIR success instead of that odd branch of success that exists in govan but is ultimately worth bugger all.