hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you think it wasn't nazis that were called after you?
    You've been around a lot longer, after all. Weren't you formed in 1790 or something like that?
    1790 was the year of the golden harp. Rantic are part of the problem with
    Scottish football but, as many on here have said, a bigger problem is the ludicrous structure. It has not been copied by any other serious footballing nation which says it all really.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This is the utter garbage trotted out time after time by the likes of you and your pals at Darkheid. What are you basing this on, there are at least 10 clubs in England who have as many ST holders, would have the same tv revenue and probably have as much interest from abroad as you have. In my opinion you would probably be as close to relegation as to winning the league in England
    Rangers and celtic get the interest from abroad when our teams play away, because our fans take a healthy travelling support, folk cannot understand why so many folk travel for a game of football and believe me they then take an interest, have a look back when rangers played villareal it was like a home game the next round arsenal played there im sure it was a semi final and they where lucky if 3 thousand went, so there is a big difference from the support.
    If rangers where to play the likes of Man utd chelsea liverpool ect every week we would need a bigger stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    Welcome to our world mate, except we nurture young talent that's then mostly taken off our hands by the OF.
    I know how you feel Hutton was a prime example, doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    If rangers where to play the likes of Man utd chelsea liverpool ect every week we would need a bigger stadium.
    So would every club in Scotland - not sure what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    £12M for Flo, £5M for Van Bronkhurst, £4.5M for Arthur Numan,plus the rest. You have certainly spend megabucks in the past and never achieved anything. Advocaat spend something like £36M in one season, that would rival alot of EPL sides at the moment.
    There was no choice then we didn't have any players Advocaat needed to rebuild an entire team, everyone was spending cash then, murray got the cash and gave it to Advocaat and we have been suffering ever since.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Rangers and celtic get the interest from abroad when our teams play away, because our fans take a healthy travelling support, folk cannot understand why so many folk travel for a game of football and believe me they then take an interest, have a look back when rangers played villareal it was like a home game the next round arsenal played there im sure it was a semi final and they where lucky if 3 thousand went, so there is a big difference from the support.
    You may not have noticed but you don't get to play Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool every week. You also have to play Hull, Stoke, Wigan etc. Again another nonsensical argument from you.
    As has been seen in the past when the OF go through a period of no success the crowds drop drastically. See Rangers just before Souness and Celtic pre McCann similar. There is no gaurantee of success or European qualification in England so a similar pattern may follow. A few years of this and you would be screaming for the good old days back in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    So would every club in Scotland - not sure what your point is.
    How big a stadium would hibs need then?

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    You may not have noticed but you don't get to play Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool every week. You also have to play Hull, Stoke, Wigan etc. Again another nonsensical argument from you.
    As has been seen in the past when the OF go through a period of no success the crowds drop drastically. See Rangers just before Souness and Celtic pre McCann similar. There is no gaurantee of success or European qualification in England so a similar pattern may follow. A few years of this and you would be screaming for the good old days back in Scotland

Lets just see how many fans we take to Portmouth next week fo a friendly.

To be frank, who cares?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    How big a stadium would hibs need then?
    35,000 would do for most games. As a club we are being held back by the duopoly behaviour of the ugly sisters.

Are you planning on smashing up that city as well?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Hi all, im new to the board, I will say first of all

Im not a hibs fans just a football fan and interested to know what supporter of different teams think about the scottish game, I hope this is allowed, I do expect it to be a rough ride but im willingto take the chance.

You've gotta love that statement.............made my night it fair did.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by LiverpoolHibs View Post
    Remember they weren't Rangers fans in Manchester, they were either fans of English clubs or just weegies down on the p155 who don't really follow them.

Just another reason why they will never be allowed to play down there. Scotlands shame.

Put it this way there was more arrest at t in he park than in manchester and manchester had a lot more folk there, im not excusing the idiots who did shame the club but it was a minrority,I was lucky to have a ticket and did not see one bit of bother in manhester until i returned to my hotel and seen it on the news, Put that amount of folk in an area to watch a game (one of themost important games in the clubs history)then not show it, Can you say you would have been pleased. The media have been nothing but complentry about the bears in london over the weekend

Put it this way there was more arrest at t in he park than in manchester and manchester had a lot more folk there, im not excusing the idiots who did shame the club but it was a minrority,I was lucky to have a ticket and did not see one bit of bother in manhester until i returned to my hotel and seen it on the news, Put that amount of folk in an area to watch a game (one of themost important games in the clubs history)then not show it, Can you say you would have been pleased. The media have been nothing but complentry about the bears in london over the weekend
    Because I doubt the coppers at T in the Park were getting battered left, right and centre in the line of duty

Welcome to the board, you should get on quite well with a couple of guys on here who pretend to be Hibs fans but we have doubts about...

My first question for you is this. If I went on Follow Follow and had the user name 'green is the colour', how do you think the natives would react? I think I might give it a try.

Oh, one footnote, the term Hun was commonly used to refer to Germans long before anyone had ever heard of Nazis. My wife's a 'Hun', in that sense, and she certainly wouldn't like the (probably unintended) inference that she's a Nazi. Sticks and Stones though, eh.....

I work beside a number of guys who were there and have all said that there was trouble from morning to night. It ranged from p155ing all over the city, damaging cars, mobbing off licences and stealing booze to the full on riots seen later. If you are happy with that well it only confirms what every other non OF fan has known for years, you are an embarrassment to the country.

I can't imagine it's very easy to arrest people in situations such as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFyOxS5jL5o

Only a very small minority of bigotted, rampaging **** with an astonishingly misplaced sense of superiority mind...

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    With you 100% there I would not have been pleased - mind you I can also say 100% I wouldn't have resorted to criminal activity to make me feel better either.

I can't imagine it's very easy to arrest people in situations such as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFyOxS5jL5o

Only a very small minority of bigotted, rampaging **** with an astonishingly misplaced sense of superiority mind...

Exactly..............same old pish............small minority my ****
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I live in blackpool, and the place was infested by them, fighting and pissing everywhere. Not to mention the ***** songs, and sectarian insults for 3 days. Minority it certainly was not.

Playing devil's advocate for a second, are people really sure that it wasn't a minority that were involved in the violence?

There were approximately 100,000 Rangers fans in and around Manchester for the UEFA Cup final so it would have needed 50,001 trouble makers for it to have been a majority. Are people really sure that it was as many as that who were causing the bother?

We have no cash to spend on players that is no seceret, the level of players we can bring to ibrox is english championship players like Boogie or if preimership players its from the lower half like davis, Boogie is like a superstar up here but if you seen if against arsenal it showed he was way out his depth, Cuellar was great up here nothing special at villa Boumsong was great then look what happened when he left, although we got a tidy sum.

Wheather we like it or not players use us a steping stone to the premiership.

That's the worst spell of whether we've had all year.

First Team Breakthrough
    totally agree with that tbh.

It wasn't shown because the screen packed in and when the repair men turned up the Huns started to throw bottles at them, which made said repair men think that it may be safer out of there.
    I always find that when someone is trying to help me a good bottling makes them work better!! Complete morons the lot of them

Fergie was better going before he outstayed his welcome, he was a great player but his best years are behind him, we have Kevin Thomson back now who is more than able to fill the boots of BF and long as his knee holds out, Davis is a great player and Mendes can be class at times but he also has days when he looks like he can't be bothered, we should be getting a lot more goals from him.

Im think we will sign a CB if celtic don't get through to champions league as we would get another 2 million plus in tv rights, we badly need one for cover for Davie Weir he can't go on forever.
    Your chairman is openly telling folks that one CB is all you can afford to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Playing devil's advocate for a second, are people really sure that it wasn't a minority that were involved in the violence?

There were approximately 100,000 Rangers fans in and around Manchester for the UEFA Cup final so it would have needed 50,001 trouble makers for it to have been a majority. Are people really sure that it was as many as that who were causing the bother?

Playing the devils devil advocate here.

Those who stood by and watched AND did nothing to prevent or quell the violence and general carnage are, IMO, just as guilty by colluding with the thugs or at least guilty by association. Therefore there may well be the 50,001 you are looking for.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Your chairman is openly telling folks that one CB is all you can afford to sign.
    What about McArthur? Thought that was a done deal?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The OF TV rights issue eh?

This is the single problem with OF run Scottish fitba Rangers and Celtic always bleating about money!

Football is about the fans and the community the individual teams serve. Before the invention of the PREMIER lets make Rangers and Celtic money league and before the SFA and now the SPL office bearers realised they could live the high life while allowing this...our teams were doing well in all competitions:

• Strong domestic league
    • European and UEFA Cups
    • British cups
    • World and European Cups

Then the mighty West of Scotland Brigade decided, utilising their tiny robbing mentality, that money could be made by changing the system to suit the OF and it didn't take much for the greedy chairmen at both clubs to realise this and agree.

The SFA/SPL and the OF have totally ruined Scottish football through their small minded bigotted sectarian agenda encompassing sheer greed!

Take your teams to EPL and all the money you carry! I live in hope that Scottish Football will return to the fans and the communities enabling home grown talent to perform on a stage they so want to while genrating interest and a competative nature and performance proving the Scots are world class at football.

Money the OF the SFA/SPL gtf!

Thats the thing, if rangers and celtic where to gtf as you say, yes the spl would be a closer run thing but what sort of money would be in the scottish game and what standard of player would you be watching, the standard is bad enough just now but without rangers and celtic there would be less tv money which would mean no money for hald decent players never mind good players.
    Is this the same good players rangers and celtic tend to steal from us, for less than their value, mid-season (or ideally for the huns or smeltic just before we play you) then claim them to be a superior level of player just because they now play outwith their original club???

I mean scottish football in general not just hibs, There is barely enough good players in the spl to make a couple of teams, what i will say for hibs is they are excellent at producing youngsters i watch a bit of reserve and u19 football also and the hibs team at u19 fully deserved the double from what i seen, how long will you be able to hold on to these players once they make the break through, a couple of seasons at most without tv money you would be lucky to keep them a season.
    See above. The reason Scottish football is in a decline is largely due to celtic and rangers stiffling competition and taking all the best players, often via under hand tactics using newspapers and slimey agents, and then complaining there's nae competition!

If Rangers got in to England we would have plenty of cash to spend and im sure we would be able to lure some big name talent. it would take time but im sure within 5 years we would be up chere challenging.
    Wrong. 5 years??? 5 decades!! If the huns got into england you would get gubbed regularly as, contrary to popular belief around Govan way, the world does not start and end in glasgow. Liverpool/Man Utd/Arsenal /Chelsea etc would pound you on a regular basis with their superior spending power as would some of the "smaller" clubs who are, by definition (and accounts), "bigger" than the mighty old firm who regularly win nothing outside Scotland.

Then, contrary to another myth with your greatest fans in teh world pish, the most "loyal" fans in Britain (UK) or whatever you wish to call it, would desert you, on the hunt for easier glory.

Anyway, I do hope you lot get your wish and do get join an English League....and I do hope next season you are regularly gubbed by everyone.

Best Wishes

The rest of Scotland (non-huns)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Just a personal question blueismaybeacolourbuta*****oneanyway: where do you come from?