hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to see them reinvesting the cash they got from McCarthy and Easton Take note Petrie
    This would be a pretty tiny fraction of any money they have received in, much like Hibs have had to do. Not that it stands a chance of getting accepted even at 3 or 4 times the bid.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We should bit 400k start off, and then go as far as 750k, thats nothing compared to what weve made in profit, we paid nowt for fletch and co. and to make that amount of money without putting a percentage of it back in the team is beyond a joke! pay peanuts you get monkeys, instead of buying 3 ***** players can't we buy 1 decent quality, then we can start challenging for cups europe etc, fs why can't the board see this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Very strange.

Rumour has it that Hamilton are next on the list for HMRC after they have finished spitting out Hearts.

Without the sales to England they could be in adminsitration now.

This came from the poster on kickback who told of the action against Hearts.
    I'm pretty confident that HRMC could handle two actions at one time and don't need to wait until they've recovered debt from Hearts.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    Good to see them reinvesting the cash they got from McCarthy and Easton Take note Petrie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This would be a pretty tiny fraction of any money they have received in, much like Hibs have had to do. Not that it stands a chance of getting accepted even at 3 or 4 times the bid.
    ssshhhh you!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Brien[11] View Post
    We should bit 400k start off, and then go as far as 750k, thats nothing compared to what weve made in profit, we paid nowt for fletch and co. and to make that amount of money without putting a percentage of it back in the team is beyond a joke! pay peanuts you get monkeys, instead of buying 3 ***** players can't we buy 1 decent quality, then we can start challenging for cups europe etc, fs why can't the board see this.
    It's because the Board have the actual books in frint of them and they can still see an awful lot of red numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post

Fletch and that came through the youth, so just take fletch, brown, thomson, whittaker, thats about 12m just on they 4 alot of clubs don't have that luxury,so how we are on the wavelength of motherwell and teams of that calibre is beyond me, we should take advantage of this and bring in players of similar quality

Fletch and that came through the youth, so just take fletch, brown, thomson, whittaker, thats about 12m just on they 4 alot of clubs don't have that luxury,so how we are on the wavelength of motherwell and teams of that calibre is beyond me, we should take advantage of this and bring in players of similar quality
    As you rightly say, 'we paid nowt' for them. But then you go on to say 'pay peanuts, you get monkeys'.

Can you see the irony there?

Arfield would be the sort of player (like Barr, and Naismith) it's worth taking a punt on because of their potential sell-on value. I feel we have to bring through our own stars though, as from such players point of view they might feel that there's little point in those players moving to another SPL club to further their development, when they can stay put and get another season or two under their belt, then the championship or even Premiership.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Arfield would be the sort of player (like Barr, and Naismith) it's worth taking a punt on because of their potential sell-on value. I feel we have to bring through our own stars though, as from such players point of view they might feel that there's little point in those players moving to another SPL club to further their development, when they can stay put and get another season or two under their belt, then the championship or even Premiership.
    Interesting quote today from Hughes saying he is unsure whether the young players, in the context of his expectations of where he wants to take Hibs, are good enough to do it.

I think we'll see some moved out on loan and I'd expect the remainder to get maybe a year or two and if they haven't made it they'll be out too.

Maybe one or two will stay to be sold on in 3 to 4 yrs.

I did take it from Hughes comments that to move on as a club we need to be bringing in better players, in the short term at least, and I'd expect some action probably on transfer window day, where we pay cash for a couple of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Interesting quote today from Hughes saying he is unsure whether the young players, in the context of his expectations of where he wants to take Hibs, are good enough to do it.

I think we'll see some moved out on loan and I'd expect the remainder to get maybe a year or two and if they haven't made it they'll be out too.

Maybe one or two will stay to be sold on in 3 to 4 yrs.

I did take it from Hughes comments that to move on as a club we need to be bringing in better players, in the short term at least, and I'd expect some action probably on transfer window day, where we pay cash for a couple of players.
    Agree. Don't think Hughes is going to fall into the trap of having players stuck on the fringes.