hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the problem lies somewhere in this line of thinking.

"We cant expect him not to have a social life at his age!"

Very true. But for guys like Riordan and in fact most people in Scotland, a "social life" = Drinking, pubs, nightclubs etc.

I'm sure the Arsenal team have excellent social lives. They're out with their family/friends, eating well at nice restaurants. They catch up with friends and have a laugh. Guys like Henry and the rest of Wenger's boys were mostly tee-total, they know exactly how to look after themselves but have excellent "social lives" as well.

The reason i chose Arsenal as an example is because in their prime with the likes of Henry and Viera, they had a very close knit team in which they all bonded well and were very close. Very obvious when you saw the whole team celebrating a goal. This blows away the myth in Scotland (endorsed by the Goram, McCoist, Gazza Rangers team) that you can only bond as a team by going out and getting smashed.
    And they have a team of young laddies who don't use their lack of years as excuses for not being athletes. He's 26, FFS, ten years into his professional career, and has one Scotland cap to show for it. What a waste.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Gone up toon in yer Hibs training gear? And carrying what looks like a nappy? Nae wonder he didny get in!

Go on deeks kick the **** oot they jamboid bouncers! ***** the lot o' thum!

Left by mutual consent!
    We all need to remember that, if he wasn't a bit of a waster and did apply himself fully, he would be nowhere near Hibs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    I'm more concerned about how he appears to have been out on the lash in his Hibs training gear

Couldn't give two hoots what these guys get upto off the pitch, so long as they do the job on the park then I'm a happy bunny.
    Im worried that the sun are now calling football, "soccer"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    i saw deek in walkabout on saturday night.

he wasnt wearing training gear

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonR View Post
    Sounds like a good excuse to wheel this one out:

http://www.onlineshaversweekly.com/s...weekly006.html

Brillant.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    My take on it.

Deek will know what boozers he is banned from and ones he isn't.

Going by sightings posted on here and across the road Walkabout is obviously one he frequents without any issues.

On Saturday / Sunday he has tried to get into a place he wasn't barred from.
    No crime there.

Refused entry probably by a Jambo doorman and got a wee bit lippy.

Fined a fixed penalty of £40.

The justice system in this country seems to revolve round size of fines.

Deek fined less than using a mobile phone in a car or speeding, puts it into perspective for me.

Not clever and I wished he wouldn't do it but hardly crime of the century.

Not in Lee Wallace class.

I sometimes can't help but think that the re-signing of Derek Riordan will be one of the biggest mistakes of Mixu's time managing Hibs, he has had half a season to get back into it after his career stalled badly at Celtic and yet he is still out and about on a weekend in Edinburgh getting himself into trouble.

He doesn't seem to realise that he needs to get his head down and work on his game, at current rate he will never fullfill his potential as a footballer, he is paid handsomly to be a professional athlete but doesn't seem to have the brains to realise that this short career of his is more than halfway through and he has to make the most of it while he still can or will go down in history as another of the great white Scottish hopes who threw it away and never made it.

Hope Yogi can get him to sort his head out, somehow I doubt it somehow though and he is too far down that track to change his ways, shame.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    My take on it.

Going by sightings posted on here and across the road Walkabout is obviously one he frequents without any issues.

No crime there.

Deek fined less than using a mobile phone in a car or speeding, puts it into perspective for me.

Hardly an excuse, i think everyone at some point ha sprobably been knocked back for one ridiculous reason or another, (too drunk when your clearly not, too many guys in the bar already, place is too busy when it's clearly not etc...) the vast majority of people, especially 26 year old's walk away, very few get to the stage of being charged for breach of the peace, considering Riordans profile, career and reputation he should know better than most to just walk away.

My concern is that it's a matter of time till he's lippy to the wrong person who does him some damage, there's a lot of bams up the town these days and the more stories like these that come out the bigger target he'll become, he needs to cut out going up the town for a good while IMO.

Question

Was he at the public training session on Sunday at ER ?.
    If so I bet his heid would be nipping after a session on the park and a few words from Mr Hughes

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    According to todays Sun Riordan spent the night in the cells at the weekend after an incident up the town on Saturday night, alledgedly he gave some abuse to doormen outside a club and was arrested later on by L&Bs finest for not calming down with police.

How much of it is true and what bits are pish?

Left by mutual consent!
    141 guests on this thread - you'd think the yam fuds would be spending their valuable time discussing their exciting new forward line, or be online buying their discounted new strip the colour of blooded turd.

@hibs.net private member
    A bit of perspective needed here. Evidently having had a few bevies he's been knocked back at Garibaldis - where he would have presumably expected to get in without a problem - and has let the bouncer know exactly what he thinks of him - something I've been guilty of myself in the past. Not big or clever but perhaps understandable in the circumstances.

Then the cops come along and he continues letting rip - now that was not clever at all, but maybe a sign of the frustration of being (as he sees it) victimised by the Edinburgh bouncer community.

So - is it a Yam conspiracy? Are all the the bouncers in Edinburgh of the root vegetable persuasion??? The intelligence of some of them would certainly mark them out as prime candidates - over to you Sherlock!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    One witness who asked not to be named.
    I will name him. Casper the Ghost.
    A police source added. .
    Whats a police source, and do they just give out information about anything on anybody.
    Grand Cru refused to comment.
    Why. confirm what the nightclub source said, he is not welcome in here. simple.
    And this makes the front page, not the two people killed on Scotlands roads at the weekend, or a soldier badly hurt driving an Army land rover at Balmoral, or Police force to axe jobs,.
    Scottish Rag Of The Year. Joke of a paper.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    A bit of perspective needed here. Evidently having had a few bevies he's been knocked back at Garibaldis - where he would have presumably expected to get in without a problem - and has let the bouncer know exactly what he thinks of him - something I've been guilty of myself in the past. Not big or clever but perhaps understandable in the circumstances.

Then the cops come along and he continues letting rip - now that was not clever at all, but maybe a sign of the frustration of being (as he sees it) victimised by the Edinburgh bouncer community.

So - is it a Yam conspiracy? Are all the the bouncers in Edinburgh of the root vegetable persuasion??? The intelligence of some of them would certainly mark them out as prime candidates - over to you Sherlock!
    Maybe if he threatened to shoot them then that would be ok or is that only jambos, lets get things into perspective. What really gets to me is when it happens to them its kept quiet but if its Deeks then its front page news, get a life & let him have one as well

First Team Regular half.time.draw.'s Avatar
    I Know a few bouncers and they admit they enjoy winding Deeks up

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    My take on it.

No crime there.

No crime there as you say, also no crime in pubs/doorman refusing entry to anyone. It was presumably 2:00 am in the morning, how many times are pubs really going to let a group of guys into their pubs at that time if they show any signs of drunkeness.

I can't believe that these things get blown out of proportion but at the same time I can't believe people try to justify the behaviour (again) just because its Deek.

Let the clube slap him with a warning that any other incident this season will incur a severe financial penalty and two more strikes and you are in the reserves for 2 months.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by piemanpilley View Post
    So what

If he continues to play well for Hibs i couldnt care less what he does in his spare time.

Although looking at the sources for this article, id be fairly certain its a load of p*sh
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Coaching Staff
    I sense that Deek's behavioural issues get a bit more leeway here than say Benji's?

I've seen Benji's attitude slated on here for the last few months and I must admit I'm not that sure i've seen any evidence of it and I don't really know the background to him given permission not to report back or otherwise.

Surely though maybe telling Evans to get lost, questioinig the tactics of Mixu and having a huffy night v Queens Park still doesn't add up the unprofessionalism and the continual dragging of the the club's name through the gutter that Deek provides us with?

Once or twice yes we can all say we've been there and behaved badly but for a well paid high profile club employee to continually be getting involved doesn't say much for his regard of the what it means to be playing for hibs.

I just find it interesting the way we can defend some behaviours for a local lad and yet Benji is just a bit huffy sometimes and he's a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    Doesn't embarrass me.

A lot of this is exaggerated and hyped up in the gutter press which is mostly written by and for morons in any case.

I've seen and spoken to him up the town when he was supposed to have been 'hammered' etc and he was fine, not drunk at all. So I take a lot of this with a pinch of salt.

Not denying there's been a few incidents, obviously the guys got in a bit of bother now and again, but the amount of stick Deek gets off pished up jambos is unreal.

Instead of jumping the gun and sticking the boot in we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt and get behind him. The amount of folk taking the moral high ground and jumping on the bandwagon is unreal. After all he's one of the most talented players to have played for the cabbage for years, and he's also one of us.
    Why throw that comment in ?

Too much snobbery on this board for my liking. Whether it be council houses , newspapers or religious beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Why throw that comment in ?

Too much snobbery on this board for my liking. Whether it be council houses , newspapers or religious beliefs

Because it's my opinion?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I sense that Deek's behavioural issues get a bit more leeway here than say Benji's?

I've seen Benji's attitude slated on here for the last few months and I must admit I'm not that sure i've seen any evidence of it and I don't really know the background to him given permission not to report back or otherwise.

Surely though maybe telling Evans to get lost, questioinig the tactics of Mixu and having a huffy night v Queens Park still doesn't add up the unprofessionalism and the continual dragging of the the club's name through the gutter that Deek provides us with?

Once or twice yes we can all say we've been there and behaved badly but for a well paid high profile club employee to continually be getting involved doesn't say much for his regard of the what it means to be playing for hibs.

I just find it interesting the way we can defend some behaviours for a local lad and yet Benji is just a bit huffy sometimes and he's a disgrace.
    Tend to agree. Screw the nut. Go out in Newcastle/Glasgow wherever he obviously has a reputation in Edinburgh for trouble whether justified or not. Or heres a novel one stay in and make sure you are in great nick for the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Agreed.

I didn't want Derek back in the first place. I think he's a disgrace to the club and his profession, despite his wonderful natural talent.

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    Because it's my opinion?
    So anyone who reads that paper is a moron ?
    Am i getting this right ?

Yes, lets get rid of him and fill the side and the game with...y-a-w-n...model pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Yes, lets get rid of him and fill the side and the game with...y-a-w-n...model pros.
    Maybe you're content to languish in the dark ages but the game has moved on.

Why should the club spend good money on sports science and nutrition (two cornerstones of John Hughes' philosophy) only for Riordan to Nish it up against a wall.

I'm sick of this guy being indulged when he's stealing a wage from Hibs.

He might be the most gifted in the squad, by far, but unless he's giving it his all then he's selling himself and us short.

Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    Agreed.

I didn't want Derek back in the first place. I think he's a disgrace to the club and his profession, despite his wonderful natural talent.
    Pretty much my thoughts too....

Never wanted him back, after he did the dirty on the club "he loved"....

No doubting he is a great talent, but he is a lazy lazy player, and his off field antics are pathetic.......

First Team Breakthrough Barrylavety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Clooney View Post
    All night club bouncers are Hearts fans.

FACT

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Tend to agree. Screw the nut. Go out in Newcastle/Glasgow wherever he obviously has a reputation in Edinburgh for trouble whether justified or not. Or heres a novel one stay in and make sure you are in great nick for the start of the season.
    totally agree jim. why is he trying to get in a boozer at 3 in the morning? he was working on the sunday at the hibs open day. needs to get a grip

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    Maybe you're content to languish in the dark ages but the game has moved on.

Why should the club spend good money on sports science and nutrition (two cornerstones of John Hughes' philosophy) only for Riordan to Nish it up against a wall.

I'm sick of this guy being indulged when he's stealing a wage from Hibs.

He might be the most gifted in the squad, by far, but unless he's giving it his all then he's selling himself and us short.
    Perspective? says it all really. Yes it's disappointing but ffs there's no need to burn the witch. We don't even know the whole story. Some of the comments on here are way OTT.