hibs.net Messageboard

Are Brian Hamilton and Kevin McBride the same person???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB1uf...eature=related

They look almost identical, and are they destined to play roughly the same role?? With other players taking the plaudits (McGinlay, Murdo etc in Hamilton's days) and Zemmamma + Cregg these days (I personally think Cregg has a lot more to offer than just a "midfield grafter" that runs about a lot), will McBride play the Hamilton role??? (assuming McBride avoids the unfortunate tail-end of career comments about the comparative merits of being a postie and playing for Hibs).

By the Hamilton role I mean, generally under-appreciated by the fans, playing a pretty unglamorous role and allowing more skillful/technical players the defensive cover they require to work their magic on the ball.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    At full time, I heard the same view, except it was expressed thus "That's all we need, another *****in Brian Hamilton".

Opinions, eh?

Exclamation

Please don't saddle McBride with these comparisons after a couple of games - give the guy a chance.

By the way everyone knows that Hamilton's first name was not Brian, it was "For f*c^s sake " Hamilton

I wasn't comparing him in a bad way necessarily, just saying midfield spade work seems to be both McBride and (was) Hamilton's principal job.

And they LOOK pretty similar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://<b>http://www.youtube.com/wat...re=related</b>
    They look almost identical, and are they destined to play roughly the same role?? With other players taking the plaudits (McGinlay, Murdo etc in Hamilton's days) and Zemmamma + Cregg these days (I personally think Cregg has a lot more to offer than just a "midfield grafter" that runs about a lot), will McBride play the Hamilton role??? (assuming McBride avoids the unfortunate tail-end of career comments about the comparative merits of being a postie and playing for Hibs).

By the Hamilton role I mean, generally under-appreciated by the fans, playing a pretty unglamorous role and allowing more skillful/technical players the defensive cover they require to work their magic on the ball.

GGTTH
    Good video clip. I still can't believe Boli wasn't sent off for that tackle.

@hibs.net private member
    I haven't noticed the physical resemblance but I think he's been signed with that sort of role in mind.

But given the universal dislike that Hibbies generally have for the would be post master Hamilton I think it's an unfortunate comparison - what you mean is the Matty Jack role surely

First Team Breakthrough
    their is a distinct resemblance, plus a similar work ethic. I thought that after Mcbride went off injured yesterday that we lost our shape. I have a feeling that he will either be loved or hated by our support. Personally i like that type of player, and he allows the Zemma's to flourish.

Kevin McBride is *****, or so I've heard frequently for the past year from a couple of Bairns I know. Currently, I'm leaning to agreeing with them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Good video clip. I still can't believe Boli wasn't sent off for that tackle.

Quality Hibs team and a not bad Rangers team either.

Laudrup's turn of pace at one point was frightning.

As was Kevin Harper's.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post

Quality Hibs team and a not bad Rangers team either.

Laudrup's turn of pace at one point was frightning.

As was Kevin Harper's.
    That game brings back memories. Some good (e.g. Michael O'Neill, wee Kevin Harper, even wee-er Mickey Weir), some others bad (e.g. "Hibs Substitution: McGraw on for Jackson." )

First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Si_17 View Post
    Kevin McBride is *****, or so I've heard frequently for the past year from a couple of Bairns I know. Currently, I'm leaning to agreeing with them.
    well on saturday he impressed me more than cregg

Quote Originally Posted by howdenthehibby View Post
    well on saturday he impressed me more than cregg
    maybe they're both pish then?