hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football
    as long as hibs are the scotish team playing yes but given the choice of watching man u v liverpool or st mudden v falkirk well cmon but saying that i watched a few boring premiership games last season

2. Log in to remove the advert

I lost count of the amount of Saturday lunchtime SPL games I turned off for whatever English game was on due to the piffle on show. Watching Rangers and Celtic play slighty less awful than the team they are playing yet still winning 1 or 2-0 does absolutely nowt for me. The Premier League is vastly overated but it is at least capable of having some drama during live games.

I'ld switch off my mothers life support machine if La Liga was on the other channel however.

Infact I remember being so scunnered with Hibs and Scottish football in general last season I was flicking between Man U - Liverpool and an Edinburgh derby one Saturday, dun dun dun!!

First Team Breakthrough .SeventyFive's Avatar
    I love Scottish Football too.

It harks back to the "good old days" more than most leagues. I think its rough edges, dodgy stadiums and freezing cold match days gives it a character that most other European league have completely lost.

Would watch anybody play anybody but choose SPL over EPL. I cant pretend the football is better, but I support the Scottish game every chance I get.

Anyway its a shame that we constantly compare ourselves to English football. Like some others have said on here its a miracle that we have a professional game the size we have in this country and we dont give ourselves enough credit for it.

Too many folk in the press and in our game too cant wait to talk it down. Yes its not the best right now, but the idea should be to try and fix it, not send it to the scrap yard.

Hibs and Scottish football for ever !!!

That's the spirit!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    Would watch anybody play anybody but choose SPL over EPL. I cant pretend the football is better, but I support the Scottish game every chance I get.

Anyway its a shame that we constantly compare ourselves to English football. Like some others have said on here its a miracle that we have a professional game the size we have in this country and we dont give ourselves enough credit for it.

Too many folk in the press and in our game too cant wait to talk it down. Yes its not the best right now, but the idea should be to try and fix it, not send it to the scrap yard.

@hibs.net private member
    If there was a Hibs game on the telly then hell or high water wouldn't keep me away from it.

If it was any other SPL match then I'd definately have more of interest in the result than any EPL match. What I'd actually end up watching would depend on the fixtures and teams involved.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Hibs v Anybody? definitely

Rangers v Falkirk?
    Hearts v Motherwell?
    Celtic v Aberdeen?

NFC!

I keep an eye on the reults of other teams,for obvious reasons, but wouldn't bother watching anything not involving Hibs.

I watch almost any English Top class game, but mainly cos that's all I get down here. Most of the time I couldn't care less who wins, but still enjoy good football.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post

Good post.

For information I tend to avoid the Premiership completely on principle (its effect on European football is a negative one) and would certainly not choose it over a Scottish game, although I do watch lower English leagues sometimes and watch a lot of other European football.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    If Hibs are playing then obviously it would be Hibs i would watch. Failing that I'll only watch an English game if Man Utd are playin but if not then i'll pick the scottish game

First Team Breakthrough Long suffering's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicky Ranks View Post
    Being fast doesn't mean it's any good. I'd pick the Premiership game over the Scottish game every time except when Hibs are involved in the Scottish game. Even then, if you've ever watched a Hibs game on Setanta and flicked over to Sky to check the score in the English game the difference in quality and atmosphere is like night and day. I must admit I've sometimes given up on the Hibs game and stuck with the English match.
    you shouldnt do that

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby_Paul View Post
    So does that rule out a live game to watch next time we visit ya in London!? Maybe we can make an exeption!

or maybe drop down a division or two instead!
    Always an exception to prove the rule!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football

Ah live in England and would nearly always watch the Scottish game. outwith the top 4 (and Everton!) the quality in the EPL isnt that great.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I love Scottish football too.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
    i love scottish football
    Depends who is playing.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    Depends who is playing.
    why are you bringing up a thread that is two and a half years old..?