hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 46
  1. #1
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    566

    i love scottish football

    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football

  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Forever i'll be singing... Sean1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corstorphine/Dundee
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,905
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HibeeSean
    Yes. You are alone.

  4. #3
    Testimonial Due Richard Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nottingham
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football
    Most probably :
    Last edited by Richard Scott; 02-08-2009 at 07:02 PM.

  5. #4
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Sean-1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. You are alone.
    why does every1 hate scottish football its much faster than premier ship

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,106
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football
    Nope mate, i'm with you! I hate the love-in that alot of people have with the English Premiership! Its so over rated its unreal! I support Scottish football, because im from Scotland!
    I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before! Keep in mind we live in a country which has a population of just over 5 Million, compaired to Englands 55 odd million. We do quite well IMO!

    Mon the Scottish fitbaw!

  7. #6
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope mate, i'm with you! I hate the love-in that alot of people have with the English Premiership! Its so over rated its unreal! I support Scottish football, because im from Scotland!
    I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before!

    Mon the Scottish fitbaw!
    absolute legend mate

  8. #7
    'S' Form kano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    little ireland
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope mate, i'm with you! I hate the love-in that alot of people have with the English Premiership! Its so over rated its unreal! I support Scottish football, because im from Scotland!
    I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before! Keep in mind we live in a country which has a population of just over 5 Million, compaired to Englands 55 odd million. We do quite well IMO!

    Mon the Scottish fitbaw!

    i would watch a scottish game everytime.

  9. #8
    Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Muscat
    Age
    41
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why does every1 hate scottish football its much faster than premier ship

    Being fast doesn't mean it's any good. I'd pick the Premiership game over the Scottish game every time except when Hibs are involved in the Scottish game. Even then, if you've ever watched a Hibs game on Setanta and flicked over to Sky to check the score in the English game the difference in quality and atmosphere is like night and day. I must admit I've sometimes given up on the Hibs game and stuck with the English match.

  10. #9
    First Team Breakthrough BigBamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    115
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HIBEE09
    I Prefer to watch scottish football its alot more exciting IMO.

  11. #10
    Forever i'll be singing... Sean1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corstorphine/Dundee
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,905
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: HibeeSean
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why does every1 hate scottish football its much faster than premier ship
    Ai but the premiership is full of higher quality players who personally i would rather watch than St Mirren v Hamilton for example...

  12. #11
    First Team Breakthrough scottp1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gilmerton
    Posts
    183
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee78
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football
    depends on whos playing and not mentioning the big teams. cant say i would watch killie-accies over spurs-villa

  13. #12
    First Team Regular Tompo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    33
    Posts
    741
    The premiership has better football but watching it you always feel like you're watching a bunch of whores running about for a bunch of plastics transmitted to via the sky propaganda machine.

    "SUPERDDOOPERCALIFRAGALISTIC SWOLLEN SMASHING SUNDAY" where liverpool and chelsea play out yet another nil nil draw...

    The big 4 in particular are tarts who sell themselves at any opportunity for a quick buck.

    Scottish football might be rank, but at least it's not divorced from reality. **** the premiership, they are welcome to it.

  14. #13
    Testimonial Due sadtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Embra
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,746
    Scottish game for me every time.
    Not fussed about the plastic, progressively soulless EPL, or the starf***ers from outwith england who get all moist about it. It all just serves to demean out own game.

    Suppose there will be plenty who would rather watch EPL than SPL, but how you could consider yourself a Hibs fan when you'd rather watch another match when there is a Hibs game on (no matter how bad) is beyond me.

  15. #14
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    342
    hm, depends how good a game it was... i watched aston villa v hull city last year and it was possibly one of the worst games i have ever seen. although i watched liverpool v chelsea at the end of last season and it was proably the best! there isnt too may outstading games in the spl to be honest!

    actually i'd say spl coz i'm scottish n obv prefer it but there is some crackers in the premiership.
    Last edited by libernian; 02-08-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: mon the spl!

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    18,422
    the scottish game almost every time watched a total of TWO EPL games on setanta the whole of last season(relegation games at the end)








    RIP setanta UK

  17. #16
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,618
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football
    I would too

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,716
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The premiership has better football but watching it you always feel like you're watching a bunch of whores running about for a bunch of plastics transmitted to via the sky propaganda machine.

    "SUPERDDOOPERCALIFRAGALISTIC SWOLLEN SMASHING SUNDAY" where liverpool and chelsea play out yet another nil nil draw...

    The big 4 in particular are tarts who sell themselves at any opportunity for a quick buck.

    Scottish football might be rank, but at least it's not divorced from reality. **** the premiership, they are welcome to it.
    Agree mate!

    And the Champions League going that way too, same teams playing each other - which is usually Liverpool and Chelsea again!

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Leith Links
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football
    I hate the fact that Edinburgh pubs have meaningless Premiership games on t.v. when their are Scottish ones on.

    As a country, we are No1 at putting ourselves down.

  20. #19
    First Team Regular Tompo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    33
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby_Paul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree mate!

    And the Champions League going that way too, same teams playing each other - which is usually Liverpool and Chelsea again!
    Slags, the lot of them. Tarts.

    In fact it's the champions league that's to blame for a lot of it. Like you say it's boring these days too. Bring back a knockout style european cup and solve all the problems.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,716
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Slags, the lot of them. Tarts.

    In fact it's the champions league that's to blame for a lot of it. Like you say it's boring these days too. Bring back a knockout style european cup and solve all the problems.
    So does that rule out a live game to watch next time we visit ya in London!? Maybe we can make an exeption!

    or maybe drop down a division or two instead!

  22. #21
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28,147
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Slags, the lot of them. Tarts.

    In fact it's the champions league that's to blame for a lot of it. Like you say it's boring these days too. Bring back a knockout style european cup and solve all the problems.
    I love the Champions League - my only criticism is that it gets a little stale at times, but even then - the big European CL nights can be outstanding.


    (would rather watch the Hibs, mind you.)

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member RickyS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    beside the uber fans
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,366
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football
    with you to an extent, I do like the premiership and enjoy match of the day on a saturday night, but I would always watch the SPL if picking between two live games. in scotland we talk up the EPL and talk down the SPL, some responsibility for this lies with the people on the inside, ie players/managers etc and the fact that they would all jump ship to England at the first opportunity.

  24. #23
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    28,147
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    with you to an extent, I do like the premiership and enjoy match of the day on a saturday night, but I would always watch the SPL if picking between two live games. in scotland we talk up the EPL and talk down the SPL, some responsibility for this lies with the people on the inside, ie players/managers etc and the fact that they would all jump ship to England at the first opportunity.
    If it was a choice between watching Man U v Arsenal, or Hibs v anyone; I'd pick the Hibs game every time. If it was Man U V Arsenal or the OF derby, I'd watch the EPL game.

    If it was something like Wigan v Fulham, or Dundee Utd v St Mirren, I'd probably not bother with either.

  25. #24
    First Team Breakthrough RigRoars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicky Ranks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being fast doesn't mean it's any good. I'd pick the Premiership game over the Scottish game every time except when Hibs are involved in the Scottish game. Even then, if you've ever watched a Hibs game on Setanta and flicked over to Sky to check the score in the English game the difference in quality and atmosphere is like night and day. I must admit I've sometimes given up on the Hibs game and stuck with the English match.
    Blasphemy

    I'll watch the EPL everytime unless its Hibs that are on.
    Last edited by RigRoars; 02-08-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: editing

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,106
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Sean-1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ai but the premiership is full of higher quality players who personally i would rather watch than St Mirren v Hamilton for example...
    See though, thats the problem right there. If people would have a better attitude and watch more Scottish football, our league would generate more money, and teams would benefit from it, and then we would all be able to bring in better quality players.

    Just as someone said earlier though, we're good at putting things down in this country, its in alot of Scottish peoples blood to do so.

    Moan moan moan

  27. #26
    Testimonial Due Darth Hibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,872
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Quote Originally Posted by kano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i would watch a scottish game everytime.


    Without a doubt

  28. #27
    Testimonial Due 'Mon the Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,717
    Depends whos playing. Hibs first and foremost, then Man U, then if there is something good/entertaining/important on.

    I would rather watch Chelsea v Arsenal over Rangers v Celtic.

    Rather watch Everton v Aston Villa over Hearts v Aberdeen

    Prefer Middlesborough v West Brom v Hamilton v St Mirren

    if you catch my drift. The games down south don't interest me more than SPL games, but would prefer to watch slightly better quality players.

    TBH, I can't think of many SPL games ive ever watched all the way through that don't involve Hibs.

  29. #28
    I would watch the SPL game unless it involved the OF against someone other than Hibs, when I'd read a book.

  30. #29
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    6,682
    Depends who was playing.

  31. #30
    Scottish game, i wouldnt have much interest in footie if DUFC went out of business and probabaly wouldnt watch any football except Scotland games

    EPL doesnt interest me, for a start most of the time the games are rank, its unbelievably overrated, they are paying a lot of average players big bucks, dont understand the fascination, infact people who have english teams i feel a bit embarrassed for but each to their own.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved