hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe's ice cream View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know that this has been done before, but had to add my own after seeing a London cab driver getting out his cab today outside the high court to head into a sandwhich shop wearing a Hibs shirt from a couple of years ago!!!

Took all that i could not to grab my son, run over the road and start trying to sing Hibs songs at him!!

At least it made up for the tube journey earlier in the day with Celtic fans banging on about everything Glasgow, including the classic the underground in Glasgow pi**es over this London effort!!! :blah:
    ah yes, the wee one that goes round in one circle that you can't stand up straight in if you're 6 foot or taller?!!!

When I was backpacking I wore my Hibs top loads - have pix of me in it in India/Thailand and by Ayers Rock in Oz - stayed in Perth for a while and got chatting to some Hibbies at a Perth Glory match! I always enjoy seeing a Hibs top in distant places!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    There was a thread a while back about Craig McEwan's trainer Freddie Roach wearing a Hibs top getting into the ring after his fight this time last year. Here's the clip, 4 mins and a few seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQi-H0LqUlY

@hibs.net private member JoeTortolanoFanClub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy90 View Post
    Given out a couple of Hibs strips to people in malawi when there a few years back. Also, when climbing Mt Mulanje whilst their, one of the porters turned up with a hibees jacket on.
    I saw one not far from there too... http://www.hibs.net/message/showthre...ue#post1871962

I also saw someone wearing the shirt with the stripy sleeves from the mid 90s at Zimbru's Europa League qualifier with Pacos de Ferreira in Chisinau a few weeks ago.

Hibees here...Hibees there...
    Last edited by JoeTortolanoFanClub; 03-09-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Just back from Argassi (Zante) and on the day of the Hibs/Celtic match a barman in the local cafe was wearing a Hibs strip with Cairnsy on the back

And the Beer Academy in Argassi had a Hibs strip pinned on the ceiling (amongst lots of other strips/pennants/scarves)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Jelloun View Post
    Pretty sure he pots on here too.

Left by mutual consent!
    I was in Faliraki with my mates about 6 years ago.. We went into the local newsagent and behind the counter was the owner with a Hibs top and Hibs pictures on the wall...

We asked him about the Hibs and he then started playing '' glory glory '' on his CD Player...

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    <<<<Wearing mine 3 years ago at the Rogers Centre (Skydome) Toronto during a Blue Jays v Yankees Baseball game

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hampden end of may, nah only joking.

First Team Breakthrough .Louise.'s Avatar
    Spotted a guy in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt last year with the 07/08 home strip on!

In a museum in Barga!

First Team Breakthrough Hibtastic's Avatar
    Proclaimers gig in Liverpool - tonnes of Hibs shirts. Made me feel right at home!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    On the landing floor of the woman two floors up, three weeks ago...the same week her old man had over-nighter hauling machine parts to Frankfurt.

On a school trip to Russia (when it was USSR) in 1990, I swapped a Hands of Hibs t-shirt for a stolen soldiers hat (missed the opportunity a few years ago to sell it to the vladsheep) The boy put it on right away and saw him wearing it 3 days later (probably still wearing it today).

also made sure I got my photo taken wearing my Hibs top in Red square.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibtastic View Post
    Proclaimers gig in Liverpool - tonnes of Hibs shirts. Made me feel right at home!
    Wasthat last November? i was there with the cup winners 07 t-shirt on

Saw a family wearing Hibs tops in Magaluf a few years ago on the day we drew 2-2 (I think) with Hertz at ER, pretty sure Benji scored our second.

I had my Hibs top on and asked them where they were watching the game, they replied "what game?"

Blog Entries
    At a beach party in the Dominican Republic about ten years ago I spotted a local in a Hibs top, giving the Marenge big licks. I'm sure he didn't have a clue who Hibs were, however.

Marrakech

1st post so be gentle - but 35 years of the 'bees behind me .. but anyhow,

Family holiday which ended in 4 days in Marrakech and as we were walking through the market/medina near the main square my eldest lad and I spy a Hibby shirt - so we risked a trip in to a "stall" and there it was a 2008 shirt so we introduced ourselves and congratulated the guy on being a football afficianado. He turned round and had Zemmama on the back but my lad told him he thought Benji was good too. Morrocan chap says "I hope he stays with CELTIC too" - me and my dirhams left quickly

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Venice, Italy

First Team Breakthrough StokePogesHibs's Avatar
    You can see every home strip since the late 60's in Stoke Poges.....a proud collection/addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy90 View Post
    Yup, Francis was our guide, and george our driver, shirts were too big for the kids we were with.

Hearts strip that Francis has was given to him by the previous trip that our school did, thought that i had to even them out.
    yea i lived in the village and knew him quite well. Really good guy and great guide! Yea his Hearts strip seemed older.

Small World

Left by mutual consent!
    I used to burgle houses as a younger man (not something I am proud of but we all do silly things while developing).

Me and my partner cased out this house (I wont say where), and it looked like rich pickings. It was quiet and dark inside so we got the tools out, and entered through the front door.

As we made our way through the house we could hear a television in a far off room. It sounded like there was a football match being played. Intrigued we crept forward towards the room where the commentary was coming from, and it became clear it was the Hibs V Hearts 6-2 game blasting out.

I thought 'Well this is a bit surreal', and was drawn towards the room. As I approached the door to the room the commentary got louder and louder and I could hear it ringing in my ears 'Russell Latapy twisting, turning, lovely one-two'....... I stuck my head round the door and there was Gary Mckay bollock naked except for a Hibs top with 'Kano' on the back, kneeling on the floor in front of a 50inch television on the vinegar strokes!!! 'That..... is... absolutely wonderful.... from Russell Latapy... 6 of the best for Hibs... they've been... just stunning....'

As Mckay slumped to the floor I shook my head in disbelief and creeped quickly around the rest of the house looking for medals or silverware. Alas there weren't any.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    I used to burgle houses as a younger man (not something I am proud of but we all do silly things while developing).

Me and my partner cased out this house (I wont say where), and it looked like rich pickings. It was quiet and dark inside so we got the tools out, and entered through the front door.

As we made our way through the house we could hear a television in a far off room. It sounded like there was a football match being played. Intrigued we crept forward towards the room where the commentary was coming from, and it became clear it was the Hibs V Hearts 6-2 game blasting out.

I thought 'Well this is a bit surreal', and was drawn towards the room. As I approached the door to the room the commentary got louder and louder and I could hear it ringing in my ears 'Russell Latapy twisting, turning, lovely one-two'....... I stuck my head round the door and there was Gary Mckay bollock naked except for a Hibs top with 'Kano' on the back, kneeling on the floor in front of a 50inch television on the vinegar strokes!!! 'That..... is... absolutely wonderful.... from Russell Latapy... 6 of the best for Hibs... they've been... just stunning....'

As Mckay slumped to the floor I shook my head in disbelief and creeped quickly around the rest of the house looking for medals or silverware. Alas there weren't any.

Left by mutual consent!

Totally graceless and classless..

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar

epic!

@hibs.net private member tamsonsbairn's Avatar
    There should be 5 guys from zagreb with hibs tops on, they were in tamsons the day after their game with the big team,they told us they were delighted to find some friendly faces in edinburgh, they didnt rate the jambos very much, s**t team s**t stadium, we made sure they left leith with hibs tops, scarves etc, we received in return dynamo t shirts,and i received a dynamo strip, a very drunk 5 guys went home to zagreb singing hibs songs.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I wonder what happened to the stuff that was on the wall of the Blarney Stone W. 32nd Street, Manhattan?
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 04-09-2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: cannae spell
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by .Louise. View Post
    Spotted a guy in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt last year with the 07/08 home strip on!
    that was me

There is one on the wall of the Backbencher pub here in Wellington, although I think ginger_eejit who posts on here is responsible for that one

One of the black away tops IIRC.

Maine, USA. One of the parents of the kids at our club came to the opening presentation wearing the purple and green striped calor gas strip!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    At a Portland Timbers v San Jose Earthquakes MSL game in Portland, Oregon in July 2004.