hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hibs shirts in strange places

I know that this has been done before, but had to add my own after seeing a London cab driver getting out his cab today outside the high court to head into a sandwhich shop wearing a Hibs shirt from a couple of years ago!!!

Took all that i could not to grab my son, run over the road and start trying to sing Hibs songs at him!!

At least it made up for the tube journey earlier in the day with Celtic fans banging on about everything Glasgow, including the classic the underground in Glasgow pi**es over this London effort!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Wiid
    The only top to be seen on Praiha do Forte (Salvador, Brazil).
    The bloke must have been surprised when I waltzed up to him to inform him of the intertoto score!
    Nice holiday only problem was Brazil being knocked out the WC by Henry.

the strangest place I ever saw a Hibs shirt was on Colin Murdocks torso!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    1991 Inside one of the great pyramids at Giza, I was in the tunnel getting in, he was coming up the tunnel getting out. Could only shout Hibby. It was a Saturday afternoon about 3:00 local time - very apt I thought.

Hopefully he hadn't been in there since the last time we won the cup

Big bro, who lives in Oz, had a friend who was in Sydney a few years ago, en route to visit him. While out and about, met another Hibby who recognised the yellow away 'Brazil' strip and the guy says to Big Bro's friend "do you know ___ ___(big bro)? 12,000 miles away?! Mad

P.S Hope that made sense. If no, whatever!

@hibs.net private member ElginHibee's Avatar
    There's one floating about western Honshu, Japan. I sent it out to one of my mates a year or two ago!

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1991 Inside one of the great pyramids at Giza, I was in the tunnel getting in, he was coming up the tunnel getting out. Could only shout Hibby. It was a Saturday afternoon about 3:00 local time - very apt I thought.

Hopefully he hadn't been in there since the last time we won the cup
    I was spotted on the top of the Temple of Kukulkan at Chitzen Itza in a Hibs top by a Hun if tha counts.

There is an urban myth that a man in a Hibs jersey was spotted in Gorgie once, a few years ago, the legend goes that nobody knew what happened to that man since or even what happened to him before that day, and that all that he had aspired to be before was no more, all that is known is that he had a shock of red hair and the emerald green had the number 6 on the back of it...but it has all lost in the murky mists of time...

Last year on holiday in Turkey, my hubby gave one of the bartenders his hibs top and had him singing hibs songs as well

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe's ice cream View Post
    I know that this has been done before, but had to add my own after seeing a London cab driver getting out his cab today outside the high court to head into a sandwhich shop wearing a Hibs shirt from a couple of years ago!!!

Took all that i could not to grab my son, run over the road and start trying to sing Hibs songs at him!!

At least it made up for the tube journey earlier in the day with Celtic fans banging on about everything Glasgow, including the classic the underground in Glasgow pi**es over this London effort!!!
    Well that's a new low for them. I know of a Celtic fan through work. Who refuses to go on the Glasgow underground, Because its orange

Back on subject ...
    Strangest place Ive seen Hibs shirts, Has got to be a family in Gran Canaria. From the oldest to the youngest they all had Hibs shirts and shorts on

Flying back from Brunei last xmas, met a fellow hibby outside Hooters in Singapore.........was en route to Oz.
    Of course worn mine here in Brunei a few times.......

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I know tenerife is not such a strange place, but i used to work in a bar over from the football ground, and imagine how strange it was to see 20 odd hibs strips come out of there one evening. I asked one of them what they were doing, and they had hired the pitch for a kickabout.

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Some of you might have seen this already but I'm sure there's a Hibs top in Enter Shikari's new video No Sleep Tonight!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithyHibee View Post
    Some of you might have seen this already but I'm sure there's a Hibs top in Enter Shikari's new video No Sleep Tonight!
    Pretty sure he pots on here too.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithyHibee View Post

This one

http://www.totallyfuzzy.net/ourtube/...9aff549c2.html

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    That's the one man, nicely slipped in! There's one of the yellow strips with Riordan on the back from the first time he was with us kicking about in Africa somewhere, I sent it away for a charity thing at the school

Given out a couple of Hibs strips to people in malawi when there a few years back. Also, when climbing Mt Mulanje whilst their, one of the porters turned up with a hibees jacket on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First Team Breakthrough Joy Zipper's Avatar
    Date - September 2000
    Place - Central Sofia, Bulgaria

Whilst wandering through the centre of town I came across a shop called "Sport fanatic". Looked in the window and was amazed to see Hibs training tops !

They were supplied by Le Coq at the time and the shop had other teams Le Coq merchandise too (I seem to remember seeing a Man City training top).

There is an episode of the Australian TV series Kath and Kim where in the background of a Melbourne shopping mall scene there is a bloke in a big Hibs jacket. Near fell off my seat when I seen it!

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy90 View Post
    Given out a couple of Hibs strips to people in malawi when there a few years back. Also, when climbing Mt Mulanje whilst their, one of the porters turned up with a hibees jacket on.
    I went to Malawi and saw a few people with Hibs strips on.

Plus I know the guy in your picture, his name is Frances but he also has a hearts top and would rotate them every few days.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Kasurdi Fatye, Pune District, Maharastra, India (population of about 300 people)

There are about 20 kids with Old hibs tops that i took over with me to hand out.

Some were kindly donated to me from friends, and my brothers football team (edinburgh city) donated 22 of their old full kits for me to take over.

as you can imagine the kids were overjoyed!!
    Hibernian Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeEmma View Post
    I went to Malawi and saw a f
    ew people with Hibs strips on.

Plus I know the guy in your picture, his name is Frances but he also has a hearts top and would rotate them every few days.
    Yup, Francis was our guide, and george our driver, shirts were too big for the kids we were with.

Hearts strip that Francis has was given to him by the previous trip that our school did, thought that i had to even them out.

Wandering around Reading Festival one year I bumped into a bloke wearing the Green and Purple legendary shirt and had a quick chat. I think we discussed the score for that day my dad had text through.

'S' Form
    There's a Hibs top floating about in Esfahan in Iran somewhere

I gave it to one of the local dudes while traveling through a few years ago

I walked into a sports shop in Orlando in 91 and the girl said she had the same top as me that someone had given her, said she slept in it.
    It was this one http://www.classicfootballshirts.co....an-89-Home.jpg

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I found one on the top shelf of the wardrobe ..

.. which is pretty strange because they are usually kept in the second drawer down.

But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I found one on the top shelf of the wardrobe ..

.. which is pretty strange because they are usually kept in the second drawer down.

That's my sense of humour level.

Not so much a strange place but it was unusual to see so many hibs tops/shorts etc on a plane to Turkey a few weeks back...most times ive been on a plane its been full of gers/celtic fans ..

There was also a young lad from England who was proudly sporting his hibs top a few sun beds along from me

Any darts fans who have Phil Taylor's autobiography will see a picture of his son wearing the old purple away strip from 1992 in the inserts. Never knew Stoke to be big Hibs country.

There was a lot of people wearing Hibs tops in Stranraer circa 1998-99 - let's hope those days never return.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    I've worn Hibs shirts in Malaysia and Vietnam, and the day we beat Livi 3-0 in that semi final, we bumped into a guy wearing (IIRC) one of the purple away kits (http://www.classicfootballshirts.co....01-Away-LS.jpg that one I think) - anyway, we asked him if he'd heard the score and without batting an eyelid told us.