hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Serena Williams Disrespect

Did anyone see Serena's bitchy interview on SSN yesterday?

Basically ripped the pish out of Safina for not having won a Grand Slam but still having the temerity to be World Number 1. The sycophantic journalists giggling along wasn’t nice to hear either.

What a bitch.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It is quite refreshing.

Tennis is too nicey-nicey. Players all hugging eachother and bigging eachother up all the time.

A bit of needle and a decent heated rivalry is what the game needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Basically ripped the pish out of Safina for not having won a Grand Slam but still having the temerity to be World Number 1. The sycophantic journalists giggling along wasn’t nice to hear either.

What a bitch.
    Its not her fault the WTA havent got the ranking system in order. There was an article in the Scotsman saying the women get to cherry-pick the tournaments they play in to submit ranking points (hence Serenas dig at Safina about winning Rome and Madrid), whereas the mens have to submit 8 the choose, therefore giving them less chance to pick the best results.

something like that. Also the women get more points for runner-up, semi finalists and quarters in the majors.

I actually found her interview very funny, and as Bourne said its very refreshing. Like Andy Murray, say what you think. Need a bit of brutal honesty

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randerson_4 View Post
    Its not her fault the WTA havent got the ranking system in order. There was an article in the Scotsman saying the women get to cherry-pick the tournaments they play in to submit ranking points (hence Serenas dig at Safina about winning Rome and Madrid), whereas the mens have to submit 8 the choose, therefore giving them less chance to pick the best results.

something like that. Also the women get more points for runner-up, semi finalists and quarters in the majors.

I actually found her interview very funny, and as Bourne said its very refreshing. Like Andy Murray, say what you think. Need a bit of brutal honesty

I saw it as more of a personal insult to Safina than a dig at the WTA for getting the ranking system wrong.

What a bitch.
    If it's the same interview I watched, it was clearly a light hearted dig at the rankings system.

As Randerson_4 says, I thought her comments were quite humorous.

I actually agree with her to an extent. It is a joke that someone can hold the number one spot without winning any Majors, especially when you have two players directly below the number one player, who have won 18 Majors between them. Although I accept that's not Safina's fault.

The rankings system rewards consistent performances throughout the year and Safina also plays in more tournaments. Serena and Venus do not play in many tournaments and I think that is the main reason why they are only ranked two and three.

It is not good for the women's game when the number one is being annihilated 6-1 6-0 and has never won a Major.

What a bitch.
    Don't dis ma bitch, dog!

She was looking hot on Saturday .. digging the ****gy perm thang!

Here's two hot pics of her!
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Don't dis ma bitch, dog!

She is a big girl

What a butch.
    Fixed that for you DH
    This is how it feels

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Safina cherry-picks her tournaments, which has resulted in her achieving a ranking above the ranking she really deserves. Which affects her seeding in the major tournaments she does play in. Which also affects the sponsorship she can attract....

Judging by her performance in the semi-final, I'd say it would be pretty difficult to show Safina less resepect than she deserves.

Like them or loathe them, the Williams sisters have come up the hard way and have worked for everything they've achieved.

I'd far rather watch Serena Williams than Safina.

Don't dis ma bitch, dog!

The second pic

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Safina cherry-picks her tournaments, which has resulted in her achieving a ranking above the ranking she really deserves. Which affects her seeding in the major tournaments she does play in. Which also affects the sponsorship she can attract....

Judging by her performance in the semi-final, I'd say it would be pretty difficult to show Safina less resepect than she deserves.

Like them or loathe them, the Williams sisters have come up the hard way and have worked for everything they've achieved.

I'd far rather watch Serena Williams than Safina.
    I read an article recently about the aftermath of Monica Seles' stabbing in 1993, in which she described how 17 of the top 25 players were asked to vote on whether her ranking position should be frozen while she recovered - apart from one abstention, everyone voted aginst it, all apparently motivated by the prospect of moving up one place in the rankings and the sponsorship rewards that brings.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    I read an article recently about the aftermath of Monica Seles' stabbing in 1993, in which she described how 17 of the top 25 players were asked to vote on whether her ranking position should be frozen while she recovered - apart from one abstention, everyone voted aginst it, all apparently motivated by the prospect of moving up one place in the rankings and the sponsorship rewards that brings.

Yup - there's a lot of money involved in Top 25 rankings in tennis.

Some of the players are pretty fly at working their way through the rankings.

TBF, the Williams sisters have worked very hard and don't tend to duck out of challenges. Safina's ranking is unrealistic IMO and down to her avoiding playing in certain tournaments where she'd have to meet certain players (among them the W sisters).

That semi was the most humiliating scuffing I've seen at Wimbledon since McEnroe horsed Connors in straight sets in the men's final in 1984.
    Last edited by --------; 06-07-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Yup - there's a lot of money involved in Top 25 rankings in tennis.

Some of the players are pretty fly at working their way through the rankings.

TBF, the Williams sisters have worked very hard and don't tend to duck out of challenges. Safina's ranking is unrealistic IMO and down to her avoiding playing in certain tournaments where she'd have to meet certain players (among them the W sisters).

That semi was the most humiliating scuffing I've seen at Wimbledon since McEnroe horsed Connors in straight sets in the men's final in 1984.
    Not that I remember the game you mention, but having watched Venus match against Safina, it was a joke. She was lucky to win the 1 game, if she had been 'doubled-bageled' then it wouldnt of been unfair

Coaching Staff
    Don't dis ma bitch, dog!

Here's two terrifying pics of her!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Storar Van Zanten View Post
    Here's two terrifying pics of her!

She's a man with adventurous mammary glands. That much is clear.

And for her sister the name Venus rhymes rather too comfortably with *****.

I feel we should be told what's going on here - the fag end remnants of the East German drug scandal of the 80's perhaps??

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

I feel we should be told what's going on here - the fag end remnants of the East German drug scandal of the 80's perhaps??
    She is a great Tennis player but does have her knockers...umm, i mean critics...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Randerson_4 View Post
    Not that I remember the game you mention, but having watched Venus match against Safina, it was a joke. She was lucky to win the 1 game, if she had been 'doubled-bageled' then it wouldnt of been unfair

McEnroe won 6-2, 6-1, 6-1. He had Connors running around like a blue-tailed fly. As one who always considered Connors to be an arrogant wee twonk, I enjoyed the hour-and-a-bit it took for the demolition HUGELY.

Connors would have agreed 100% with Sergeant Jones's fuzzy-wuzzies....

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

You're joking, yes?

They're big girls, right enough, but they're girls....

BIG GIRLS.....