hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Taxman after Hertz

Just saw the cover of the Evening News and it says the taxman has been at court to recover money due, could be administration for them

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1966 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just saw the cover of the Evening News and it says the taxman has been at court to recover money due, could be administration for them
    Oh come on! Vlad is the richest man in the world. It's surely another glitch isn't it?

Anyway I'll get the full story when I buy a paper - I'm away out to buy some sweet potatoes anyway.

Oh dear.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/he...tax.5507979.jp

And to think they are still talking about signing a £1 million striker.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Supergogs
    Must be an administrative glitch. I just got a pretty nice rebate from the IR - turned out I'd paid them too much in tax in previous years, and they were paying it back to me.

I expect something similar will be going in with the jambos.

[QUOTE=Filled Rolls;2113132]Oh come on! Vlad is the richest man in the world. It's surely another glitch isn't it?

Anyway I'll get the full story when I buy a paper - I'm away out to buy some sweet potatoes anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yam off then

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Oh dear.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/he...tax.5507979.jp

And to think they are still talking about signing a £1 million striker.
    Chairman of the Hearts Supporters Trust, Derek Watson said: "For many years Hearts under different regimes have always paid bills at the last minute and I think most people know that, so it would have to go a bit further before people got worried – they're used to it by now."

This in the article followed by "non-story" comments. How stupid and blinkered are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
    You may laugh and scoff.

However, Hearts have never went bust in 135 years and will not be going to the wall anytime soon, sorry to burst your little bubble.

Hibs went bust in 1892 and nearly went bust again in the 1990's, as you all know well if it hadn't have been for Wallace Mercer's intrest, Hibs would cease to exist.

I'd never like to see Hibs go bust, ever, I enjoy the rivalry too much, I enjoy the banter too much.

We compete every season to see who will finish above each other. It is that competitiveness that keeps us on top of our game, it raises the bar and thats how it should be.

Would Hibs fans really like Hearts to go bust?
    Would you not miss the drubbings, the agony of watching Hearts lifting a cup (twice in a decade) which you haven't won since the turn of the 'last' century?

You lot have been tick, tocking us for the last 4 years, your dream has yet to come true.

Do you wish Hearts to implode because you cannot handle being the competition?

Do you somehow feel that if Hearts weren't here, that Hibs would become a better team?

The truth is both clubs need each other to compete against just like the Old Firm need each other, otherwise the bar drops.

I one day hope to see the day when Hearts are winning the treble and Hibs are finishing second place in the league and are runners-up in two cup finals.

Not for much longer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
    You may laugh and scoff.

However, Hearts have never went bust in 135 years and will not be going to the wall anytime soon, sorry to burst your little bubble.

Hibs went bust in 1892 and nearly went bust again in the 1990's, as you all know well if it hadn't have been for Wallace Mercer's intrest, Hibs would cease to exist.

I'd never like to see Hibs go bust, ever, I enjoy the rivalry too much, I enjoy the banter too much.

We compete every season to see who will finish above each other. It is that competitiveness that keeps us on top of our game, it raises the bar and thats how it should be.

Would Hibs fans really like Hearts to go bust?
    Would you not miss the drubbings, the agony of watching Hearts lifting a cup (twice in a decade) which you haven't won since the turn of the 'last' century?

You lot have been tick, tocking us for the last 4 years, your dream has yet to come true.

Do you wish Hearts to implode because you cannot handle being the competition?

Do you somehow feel that if Hearts weren't here, that Hibs would become a better team?

The truth is both clubs need each other to compete against just like the Old Firm need each other, otherwise the bar drops.

I one day hope to see the day when Hearts are winning the treble and Hibs are finishing second place in the league and are runners-up in two cup finals.

Bit harsh binning this bloke. We could have had a bit of fun - what's happened the SSPCA been on the phone again?

Anyway, IIRC Hearts did go bust right at the start, and had to be bailed out by St Andrew's FC, hence the saltire on their badge. Of course no-one can say for certain when this was, as records were a bit dodgy. Plus ca change....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I loved this quote from farty foulkes.

Most fans have always had mixed feelings about Romanov, but he has given (manager] Csaba Laszlo a relatively free hand to choose players and pick the team.

I wonder if this will catch on, and teams like hibs will adopt it in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

This in the article followed by "non-story" comments. How stupid and blinkered are they?

Here's another blinkered choob

1 jordijammo,Edinburgh 30/07/2009 10:19:06
    Ah the good old "Hearts in Financial Trouble" story dredged out by the Hobo editors when things look gloomy down ****** Road and not so gloomy at Tynecastle. How come it's always an un-named spokesperson they speak to at Financial Institutions? - Do the journos really speak to these people or just the voices in their heads? Must be another slow news day. Glad I don't pay for this rubbish.

Things are "gloomy" at ER and not so "gloomy" at the pink hut

Maybe he's been on his hols and not kept up with their pre-season shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

There's nothing else they can do but laugh it off, cross their fingers and hope for the best.

The Hearts spokeman's comments where he\she\it tries to tar every other club with the same brush is typical yammish PR, but the sheep will lap that bull**** right up

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

Ah the good old "Hearts in Financial Trouble" story dredged out by the Hobo editors when things look gloomy down ****** Road and not so gloomy at Tynecastle. How come it's always an un-named spokesperson they speak to at Financial Institutions? - Do the journos really speak to these people or just the voices in their heads? Must be another slow news day. Glad I don't pay for this rubbish.

Hearts owe money to themselves (and paying money late is what all big companies do), jeez

Left by mutual consent!
    Looks like the immediate future of that club again rests with this completely non-transparent entitity UBIG and it's ability to readily access cash.

I'm just glad it's not us.

TICK TOCK ..

Blog Entries
    I think this whole thing is a tragedy I really do. Football fans follow their club and show unswerving loyalty. This goes to the extent that when the owner rips them off and puts the thing they love the most in danger they still back him to the hilt.

The Yams trying to defend him are like characters from Chicken Licken, or the Emperors new clothes. They are too **** scared to face the reality that they have shut out for so long. Instead they come up with increasingly bizarre stories as to why everyone is out to get them.

In the scheme of things, this Revenue story is typical Hearts. They have avoided paying bills for as long as I can remember. What is really pathetic is the way the strut around like they are a rich club, when in fact the only thing the only big money they have is their debt.

If only they could take a reality check, they would see they are well and truly Donald Ducked, and there is no way out of this for them. But no, they'll still be shouting "conspiracy" and "jealousy" when the bulldozers move in and level Tynecastle.

Hearts fans have got it all wrong. People don't dislike them because of their success, it's their delusions and deceit that stick in my craw.

Testimonial Due
    The way I'm reading it is that they have agreed a payment plan with HMRC for their tax liability and have missed one or more payments. Having done so the whole liability becomes payable.

It's like the Council Tax - you get to pay it in monthly installments, but if you default you have to pay the whole year in one go.

Or have I got this wrong?

If so - how much are Hearts liable for and won't it take up most of their season ticket revenue?

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    The way I'm reading it is that they have agreed a payment plan with HMRC for their tax liability and have missed one or more payments. Having done so the whole liability becomes payable.

It's like the Council Tax - you get to pay it in monthly installments, but if you default you have to pay the whole year in one go.

If so - how much are Hearts liable for and won't it take up most of their season ticket revenue?
    Hence the reason they have been scouring holiday resorts for players and not paying a penny for them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post

If they fall short, they could also start selling tickets for all this season's games in advance. As if!

Blog Entries
    Their self delusion is astonishing, one tube with inside info advises us the bill was paid a couple of weeks ago. Aye right, that's why HMRC went to court this week.
    There's a common fraud, known as carryover, or teeming & lading, where you basically divert funds for your own use but use advance monies paid to ( apparently ) keep the books straight. Its always intended as a short term loan until the perpetrator receives funds & can then pay them back without anyone being aware of the " loan". Of course it never happens, the value owed grows larger by the day & the perpetrator has an exploding heid trying to balance the books. Finally the music stops, the gap in the accounts is apparent & the perpetrator usually does a runner.
    Watch this space!

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    If they fall short, they could also start selling tickets for all this season's games in advance. As if!
    Or play Rangers at Easter Road!

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    If this was us I think we'd all be a lot more concerned than the typical Yammish laissez faire attitude of 'it's alright, it's what we always do.' The club has a debt of £30 MILLION POUNDS FFS yet their fans just cannae be ar$ed - too busy boycotting The Scotsman or playing the fiddle about the treatment they receive from the SFA.

Don't for a minute think they'll go bust though - if it actually did get that bad I'm sure the Jambo loving Edinburgh Council would help them out!

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Wow, this is not good news for Hearts.....the monies due could be significant and HMRC are the one organisation that has the power to put Hearts out of business.

Yet the comments after the story all about non stories and business as usual....jeez there is nothing more threatening to a business than HMRC taking you to court for money, it tends to mean a) it's a significant sum b) they have tried and failed many times to get you to pay it and c) they don't give a toss about the long term viability of the business just that they want their money.

To say this is a non story is simply amazing, just total and utter delusion. As for Fatty Foulkes pretending it's not so bad as Robinson would have had them at Murrayfield....c'mon how worn and tired an excuse for Vlads madcap actions is that!?! Pathetic.

He did finally say something accurate tho "Everybody just crosses their fingers and hopes it goes away." that ladies and gentlemen is their approach to all of the continual sheeit in a nutshell.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    "Everybody just crosses their fingers and hopes it goes away."
    That's their accountant's mantra!

Yet mair hot air from Fatty - he has to convince everyone (including himself) that Romanov was right for the club and he acted in their best interests by pleading with the shareholders to sell to Vlad. Truth is Lord Fool-kes was done up like a kipper and well he knows it!

Blog Entries
    I often imagine the average Jambo Joe (or Julie) sitting in a flat with a stack of unopened envelopes blocking the front door. They have been cut off from reality long ago due to the phone being cut off and they have no electricity to watch TV.

However, they still put on a dinner suit every night and set the table for a four course meal. After they've polished off the Farmfoods cheese cake, and are onto the cigars and brandy, the conversation turns to finance.

"How can we afford this luxury, Joe", asks Mrs Yam.

"Why easliy Callum", replies Joe (not his real name). By buying Russian hats in the former Soviet Union, and selling them in the EU, we can make a substantial profit, thus meeting the spending requirements of established members of the gentry, like ourselves, ken?".

"But Wullie, I mean Joe, Mrs Methadone from Lochend says that you have to bring in more money than you spend, else you will end up in poverty, like her neighbours The Hobos".

"Pay no attention to the Hobos, or Mrs Methadone, my sweet. You see they haven't been brought up to expect the best. Faced with the choice of a lifetime of drudgery, they pay their bills out of fear. They do not have the imagination to see that you have to specualte to accumulate".

"Oh, but...."

"And another thing - don't interrupt me whilst I'm talking - or I'll be getting wee Robbo out of his cage, and you won't like that".

"Wouldnae be sae sure Joe, it's been a while since the back of the net rippled round here like it used to".

"Aye well, ah work hard ye ken, anyway. Thae Hobos believe everything they read in the papers. It's how the likes of us establishemnt types keep them down, through fear. Thir so feart of what might happen, they dinnae take chances, us on the other hand".

"Take whatever ever chance we git, oh a do love you Callum, hoos about washing wee robbo, and we'll go and have a wee game ower the park?"

"Ah wid wullie, it's jist thit ah cannae get oot the front door for aw they bills."

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    I often imagine the average Jambo Joe (or Julie) sitting in a flat with a stack of unopened envelopes blocking the front door. They have been cut off from reality long ago due to the phone being cut off and they have no electricity to watch TV.

However, they still put on a dinner suit every night and set the table for a four course meal. After they've polished off the Farmfoods cheese cake, and are onto the cigars and brandy, the conversation turns to finance.

"How can we afford this luxury, Joe", asks Mrs Yam.

"Why easliy Callum", replies Joe (not his real name). By buying Russian hats in the former Soviet Union, and selling them in the EU, we can make a substantial profit, thus meeting the spending requirements of established members of the gentry, like ourselves, ken?".

"But Wullie, I mean Joe, Mrs Methadone from Lochend says that you have to bring in more money than you spend, else you will end up in poverty, like her neighbours The Hobos".

"Pay no attention to the Hobos, or Mrs Methadone, my sweet. You see they haven't been brought up to expect the best. Faced with the choice of a lifetime of drudgery, they pay their bills out of fear. They do not have the imagination to see that you have to specualte to accumulate".

"Oh, but...."

"And another thing - don't interrupt me whilst I'm talking - or I'll be getting wee Robbo out of his cage, and you won't like that".

"Wouldnae be sae sure Joe, it's been a while since the back of the net rippled round here like it used to".

"Aye well, ah work hard ye ken, anyway. Thae Hobos believe everything they read in the papers. It's how the likes of us establishemnt types keep them down, through fear. Thir so feart of what might happen, they dinnae take chances, us on the other hand".

"Take whatever ever chance we git, oh a do love you Callum, hoos about washing wee robbo, and we'll go and have a wee game ower the park?"

"Ah wid wullie, it's jist thit ah cannae get oot the front door for aw they bills."
    Magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

What an absolute welt

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chairman of the Hearts Supporters Trust, Derek Watson said: "For many years Hearts under different regimes have always paid bills at the last minute and I think most people know that, so it would have to go a bit further before people got worried – they're used to it by now."

It seems the article has been published because Celtic got beaten by a Russian team last night !!!!!!!!! , can you believe the deluded paranoid drivel that comes out of their supporters.

@hibs.net private member
    Total overreaction on this site again, it's perfectly simple and the non payment was an honest mistake. Please see the press release below which will explain all...

"Dear Sirs,

A letter arrived at Tynecastle stadium several weeks ago. One of the junior members of staff for whom English is a second language saw that it was from HMRC and understandably deduced that this stood for Heart of Midlothian, Romanov's Club.
    Knowing that this was true, he then realised that the demand was nothing more than an internal transfer of funds and therefore nowhere near as urgent (or as large) as paying Christian Nade's weekly bill from the Gorgie Pie shop.
    Sorry if this is confusing, but the transfer of Christian Nade was part of the long term deal for the purchase of the club from Chris Robertson - the deal involved a fairly small amount of cash but a large regular order for Nade specials (Double crust, tattie and tripe if you're interested).
    The pie bill was duly settled and the other letter was somehow buried under 399,563 season ticket applications. Slightly reduced from last year due to an expansion of the press box.
    Heart of Midlothian football club trust that this explanation fully outlines the reasons for the delay in payment and would like to assure all of you that once all of the season ticket applications have been processed, the small matter of purchasing the tax office and thus avoiding further meaningless payments will be duly considered.
    Yours Sincerely,
    R. Romanov"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMar View Post
    Wow, this is not good news for Hearts.....the monies due could be significant and HMRC are the one organisation that has the power to put Hearts out of business.

Yet the comments after the story all about non stories and business as usual....jeez there is nothing more threatening to a business than HMRC taking you to court for money, it tends to mean a) it's a significant sum b) they have tried and failed many times to get you to pay it and c) they don't give a toss about the long term viability of the business just that they want their money.

To say this is a non story is simply amazing, just total and utter delusion. As for Fatty Foulkes pretending it's not so bad as Robinson would have had them at Murrayfield....c'mon how worn and tired an excuse for Vlads madcap actions is that!?! Pathetic.

He did finally say something accurate tho "Everybody just crosses their fingers and hopes it goes away." that ladies and gentlemen is their approach to all of the continual sheeit in a nutshell.
    This is what i find amazing.

Even with the most positive spin on this HMRC taking you to court is news and it's not good news.

Their new caveat is that Romanov wont put them into administration as it's not in his interests to do so as he will not get any money back.

Oh really?

Can ANYONE actually say they have any clue as to what Romanov has put in and taken out of that shambolic club? The smoke and mirrors with their funding structure and accounting allows for absolutely anything to have happened.

One thing is for sure that when the music stops it wont be submariner Vlad without a chair. Yet the minions just grease up and bend over, dissenting voices are dismissed as "hobo's", just wait for a new level of revisionism further down the line when we are informed that administration is actually a GOOD thing as it gets rid of Vlad.