hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    According to Gambo (post #4) they raised some cash for kids in Bosnia 2 years ago, and Vlad said he would match the total so they could send it off.

But he hasn't been heard from since, and the cash is still in HBoS (that'll be right - more like in Ally Dear's trousies pocket, I'd say) gathering dust.

Meanwhile, the Bosnian kids who were supposed to benefit are a' either grown up or deid....

Couldnae organise a beerfest in a brewery, that lot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to Gambo (post #4) they raised some cash for kids in Bosnia 2 years ago, and Vlad said he would match the total so they could send it off.

But he hasn't been heard from since, and the cash is still in HBoS (that'll be right - more like in Ally Dear's trousies pocket, I'd say) gathering dust.

Meanwhile, the Bosnian kids who were supposed to benefit are a' either grown up or deid....

Couldnae organise a beerfest in a brewery, that lot.

so it's not just pensioners in bosnia that he's ripped off then.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I remember some Hearts fan contacting me about that at the time, based on my Dnipro Kids involvement.

The idea was to bring a handful of kids over to Scotland and it was apparently Vlad himself that had the idea to choose Bosnian kids.

I offered them a bit of advise at the time but tried to explain that the cost of bringing kids here would not be cost effective.

I felt at the time that, whilst it was probably a genuine enough idea, it was a bit of a PR exercise (similar to the way McRae's has gone) and that I didn't feel comfortable about it.
    Last edited by StevieC; 08-07-2009 at 05:27 PM.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Club 12 (2013) Supporter JT Fae The Toon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spudgun View Post
    Just had a look at the Court of Session Rolls for today and the only case concerning HMFC I could see was this:-

4. Steven Coquhoun v Heart of Midlothian plc Andersons Solictors LLP

No idea what it's about though.
    That's the guy that chucked his ST at Phil Anderton some years ago - probably suing to get it back? He used to post as WilyBoo.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Fae The Toon View Post
    That's the guy that chucked his ST at Phil Anderton some years ago - probably suing to get it back? He used to post as WilyBoo.
    More likely to be suing because he DID get it back.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Looks like the yams have coughed up £1.37 million to the tax man so sayeth keekback, that's the end of Stephen Hughs meethinks !.

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    Looks like the yams have coughed up £1.37 million to the tax man so sayeth keekback, that's the end of Stephen Hughs meethinks !.
    That's a fair chunk of the season ticket money used up before a ball is kicked!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs07p View Post
    "Like a £1.37 m new signing." -Dexter

Unfortunately for us though. S******, s******.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    "Like a £1.37 m new signing." -Dexter

Unfortunately for us though. S******, s******.
    This is the second time in 9 or so months that HMRC has had to take court action under the Insolvency Act to get monies due to them.

You would think that after letting it happen once, and knowing that a further payment is due, you would just pay it without the need to incur extra costs in court charges. But then common sense disappeared from that side of the city a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    This is the second time in 9 or so months that HMRC has had to take court action under the Insolvency Act to get monies due to them.

You would think that after letting it happen once, and knowing that a further payment is due, you would just pay it without the need to incur extra costs in court charges. But then common sense disappeared from that side of the city a long time ago.
    I think they're too desperate. I wonder if that's the Berra dosh or the advance ST monies *****ed away?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    common sense disappeared from that side of the city a long time ago.
    Yup - Circa 1874.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs07p View Post

Over on Kickback they are congratulating each other on earning interest on the £1.37 million by making a late payment to the HMRC.

Also,they are confident that any money due was allowed for in their accounts.
    Page 20 of their accounts confirmed an HMRC investigation was ongoing and that there was "no indication of the extent of any potential liability".

Deluded since 1874.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    If only we were a big team with mega banking knowledge and backing, we could get ourselves into this impressive strong position like the professionals do. Had to laugh at the interest point though. Know for a fact that the revenue impose penalties on late payers and also there could well be legal costs. Doubt they would get more than 1 or 2 % p.a on their money if indeed they had it - more likely waiting for some to come in so they could pay.

Still move along now, nothing to see here........

Merchant bankers, the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Doubt they would get more than 1 or 2 % p.a on their money if indeed they had it - more likely waiting for some to come in so they could pay.

Still move along now, nothing to see here........
    but you forget that the money will offset the interest they are paying for the debt to Ukios bankass at much more than 2%

Still move along now, nothing to see here.......

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    but you forget that the money will offset the interest they are paying for the debt to Ukios bankass at much more than 2%

Still move along now, nothing to see here.......
    Aye, right enough silly me, and I am sure they are playing the money markets with the cash they are holding as well so it all mounts up. When it comes to actually syphoning it off though, I am not so sure how the pound is doing against the Lituanian Goat, or whatever the unit of exchange is.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    If only we were a big team with mega banking knowledge and backing, we could get ourselves into this impressive strong position like the professionals do. Had to laugh at the interest point though. Know for a fact that the revenue impose penalties on late payers and also there could well be legal costs. Doubt they would get more than 1 or 2 % p.a on their money if indeed they had it - more likely waiting for some to come in so they could pay.
    HMRC also charges interest on late payment of tax. If the £1.37m covers a period going back two years, some of that interest charged may be at a rate of 8.5%

8.5% of £1.37m is £319 a day. Lucky Vlad is a financial genius, otherwise the yams would be running short of money by now.
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 16-07-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Lucky Vlad is a financial genius, otherwise the yams would be running short of money by now.
    dinnie be daft - how can a mint run out of money

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    It was commonly known that the Yams defaulted on a payment due to HMRC at the tail-end of last year. The amount then was £1.2m. This was "a due payment" and may not have been full and final settlement of monies due. The Berra sale paid this and left them with a few quid to send to Lithuania.

6 months have since elapsed and today another similar figure has been paid to HMRC. We could surmise that the £1.37m coughed up is another £1.2m installment, + costs and interest. Again, there is no indication that this is full and final payment, nor is it reported that HMRC have concluded their investigation. The season ticket income for 09/10 paid todays bill.

I'd imagine that as of today, they have exceded their £40m agreed debt level.

I think there are two separate issues here.

The investigation - This was serious enough to warrant a mention in the accounts, but as of 8th April, no liability had been determined and no provision was made for it in the last set of accounts. That means it certainly would not have got to the stage of a winding up petition already. HMRC investigations can go on for years (a colleague concluded one recently that had taken more than five years) and it's impossible to assess the impact of this one on the information available.

The debt - The acounts showed a liability of £1.386m at 31 July 2008. This is on the high side, but not far off what you would expect for ongoing PAYE/VAT costs. However, it would not take much less than a year for HMRC to get angry enough to raise a WU petition, so it would not surprise me if the amount they were chasing is included in that debt. This also ties in with what Sergey says in that the default that came to light at the tail-end of last year would have been outstanding for a number of months prior to that. Interest and late payment penalties would accrue on the debt so there is no saving in failing to pay it on time.

One final point is that wherever possible HMRC allocate payments received against the earliest debt first, so the fact that this liability has been outstanding for long enough to produce a WU petition suggests that HOMFC have made no subsequent payments to HMRC and still owe PAYE and VAT for a number of months. I don't think the Revenue saw any of the Berra money.

Left by mutual consent!
    You may laugh and scoff.

However, Hearts have never went bust in 135 years and will not be going to the wall anytime soon, sorry to burst your little bubble.

Hibs went bust in 1892 and nearly went bust again in the 1990's, as you all know well if it hadn't have been for Wallace Mercer's intrest, Hibs would cease to exist.

I'd never like to see Hibs go bust, ever, I enjoy the rivalry too much, I enjoy the banter too much.

We compete every season to see who will finish above each other. It is that competitiveness that keeps us on top of our game, it raises the bar and thats how it should be.

Would Hibs fans really like Hearts to go bust?
    Would you not miss the drubbings, the agony of watching Hearts lifting a cup (twice in a decade) which you haven't won since the turn of the 'last' century?

You lot have been tick, tocking us for the last 4 years, your dream has yet to come true.

Do you wish Hearts to implode because you cannot handle being the competition?

Do you somehow feel that if Hearts weren't here, that Hibs would become a better team?

The truth is both clubs need each other to compete against just like the Old Firm need each other, otherwise the bar drops.

I one day hope to see the day when Hearts are winning the treble and Hibs are finishing second place in the league and are runners-up in two cup finals.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
    Yes, that's it.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    You may laugh and scoff.

However, Hearts have never went bust in 135 years and will not be going to the wall anytime soon, sorry to burst your little bubble.

Hibs went bust in 1892 and nearly went bust again in the 1990's, as you all know well if it hadn't have been for Wallace Mercer's intrest, Hibs would cease to exist.

I'd never like to see Hibs go bust, ever, I enjoy the rivalry too much, I enjoy the banter too much.

We compete every season to see who will finish above each other. It is that competitiveness that keeps us on top of our game, it raises the bar and thats how it should be.

Would you not miss the drubbings, the agony of watching Hearts lifting a cup (twice in a decade) which you haven't won since the turn of the 'last' century?

You lot have been tick, tocking us for the last 4 years, your dream has yet to come true.

Do you somehow feel that if Hearts weren't here, that Hibs would become a better team?

The truth is both clubs need each other to compete against just like the Old Firm need each other, otherwise the bar drops.

I one day hope to see the day when Hearts are winning the treble and Hibs are finishing second place in the league and are runners-up in two cup finals.

How do you know?

And have HoMoFC ever had debt in excess of 5 times their annual turnover (including the debt for equity swap)?

I one day hope to see the day (sic) when you naff off and give us peace.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Yes, that's it.
    Indubitably

You may laugh and scoff.

Sadly, you've decided to leave us, so you won't be replying to this. I'm intrigued at the idea that Hearts will not go bust because they haven't in the past. Surely that is true of any company that "goes bust".

The truth is that they are already bust, and by a long way. They are being propped up by an organisation that withheld its own accounts from the auditors for reasons I can only guess at. They have been on the verge of administration at least six times in the last 18 months only to be rescued at the last minute by their parent. On current evidence they have no hope of trading their way out of the hole they're in, so what is the alternative?

You point out that Hibs "went bust" once and nearly did so a second time. Bigger clubs than Hearts and Hibs have gone into administration in the past and will undoubtedly do so again in the future. I wonder why you think Hearts are somehow immune from it all.

Hearts have went bust before - once maybe twice. They were kicked out the SFA for professionalism (cheats) sometime in the early 1890's amnd couldn't make ends meet for a while. Even earlier the original HoMFC "ceased functioning" and the name was resurrected by Four Toed Jake and some other "ballroom dancers" (think that was rhyming slang to tell the truth.

@hibs.net private member
    the agony of watching Hearts lifting a cup (twice in a decade)
    Twice in 2 decades or 3 times in a hundred years. Whichever suits best.

Stats are barry.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Stats are barry.
    Which is also Nade's goalscoring record, funnily enough......
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    You may laugh and scoff.

Keep hoping fuddly

Admins: was his email address stevie@fail.com?

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

This one would and the sooner the better - all things Yam disgust me, especially the name and the colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Stats are barry.