This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have a lithp?

(oh, see what i did there!)
    Yeth , now thtop mocking me

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S
    You're forgetting that the boxes the application came in are still, presumably, owned by HoMFC, and can therefore be put to alternative uses. So the picture perhaps isn't quite as bleak as some critics of Hearts would have us all believe.

What do you think those glamorous new press boxes were made of?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    You're forgetting that the boxes the application came in are still, presumably, owned by HoMFC, and can therefore be put to alternative uses. So the picture perhaps isn't quite as bleak as some critics of Hearts would have us all believe.
    What do you have in mind, Bob. Something like this, maybe? It's a long shot, but it might buy some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    What's the chance of there being a jumble sale at the local church on the day of their first home game of the season.

Cash only

The queues are building up

http://www.gorgieparishchurch.org.uk...e%20Church.jpg

A barrier to keep out the bailiffs?

i was thinking about the way children at Christmas, with their vivid imaginations, and in their endearingly immature way, always discard the expensive gift and play with the packaging it comes in.

Why not simply raze the asbestos-ridden death trap to the ground, and line up the boxes the planning application came in, adjacent to the touchline opposite the Wheatfield, and then tell the window-lickers that it's the new £51 million stand? They would queue for miles to buy a season ticket for it.

Puts a whole new meaning on the smug, corporate boast, 'actually I have a box at Tynecastle.' If Vlad is reading this i'm sure he'll be tempted.

i was thinking about the way children at Christmas, with their vivid imaginations, and in their endearingly immature way, always discard the expensive gift and play with the packaging it comes in.

Why not simply raze the asbestos-ridden death trap to the ground, and line up the boxes the planning application came in, adjacent to the touchline opposite the Wheatfield, and then tell the window-lickers that it's the new £51 million stand? They would queue for miles to buy a season ticket for it.

Puts a whole new meaning on the smug, corporate boast, 'actually I have a box at Tynecastle.' If Vlad is reading this i'm sure he'll be tempted.
    Might be too late for that cunning plan.

Yams introduce their new signing:

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/11/26/lifesize-lego.jpg

It would appear the new press boxes are not all they've been made out to be ....

http://cotswoldbookseller.files.word...oard-boxes.jpg
    Last edited by Tomsk; 07-08-2009 at 03:22 PM.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Gentlemen. Since the Yams seem unable to save themselves, is it not time for us to take up their cause? Hawrts must not be allowed to disappear! This thread alone proves it. Life would be so DULL without them!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dan sarf View Post
    Gentlemen. Since the Yams seem unable to save themselves, is it not time for us to take up their cause? Hawrts must not be allowed to disappear! This thread alone proves it. Life would be so DULL without them!
    Save the Jambos, tuppence a bag.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Nope, the fun we would have watching them disappear up their own ********s would keep us amused for a very long time.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    Nope, the fun we would have watching them disappear up their own ********s would keep us amused for a very long time.
    They are like rats, they will always be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    It would appear the new press boxes are not all they've been made out to be ....

http://cotswoldbookseller.files.word...oard-boxes.jpg
    Typical Yams, fighting amongst themselves again.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I've been assured by many Yams that their club will never die... it's simply too important.

As any offer of help would no doubt be rejected as a condescending gesture, and rejected, it's probably best to leave them to it.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    40/1 for hearts to get relegated is becoming more and more appealing by the day
    That my man could be the tip of the year.

Imagine the double celebration

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shugster View Post
    The bit that gets me about all of this is that they've clearly got behind on their payments to HMRC because they couldn't afford to pay them (despite what some Yams claim about deliberately leaving it until the last minute).

They've now got a payment plan in place to clear that debt on top of the current tax liablities that they'll need to pay. As far as I can see, they haven't made any signifcant reductions to what they're paying out or taken in any huge cashflow injections in the last twelve months that would allow them to keep up with their current payments, let alone service the debt payments.

And remember they're due a rather large payment to the parent company in February...........

Still, I'm sure the £1m plus they invested in starting the process for their fantasy stand was money well spent and not simply £1m pished away, eh? Especially when it would have covered the vast majority of the debt to HMRC.
    Does anyone know if this money has actually been paid to the local authority or is it one of those unpaid bills?

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I've been assured by many Yams that their club will never die... it's simply too important.

As any offer of help would no doubt be rejected as a condescending gesture, and rejected, it's probably best to leave them to it.
    That's my understanding

Seemingly, because they've won the Scottish Cup three times in the last hundred years (like Clyde and St Mirren) and because they won the First World War all by themselves, Ban Ki-Moon has promised them that if necessary, the UN will step in and save them.

Unfortunately I don't think Ban realises the full extent of the mess they're in and may ultimately rescind the offer.

Fortunately, Homfc fans love being promised something then having it completely not delivered

They just can't get enough of it, as their subservience to Vlad proves. They'll just let it ride and then redirect their hurt and anger by pretending the SFA has it in for them

(As opposed to the truth, which is they play dirty football with dirty football players)

So there we have it - Homfc, chuffed with themselves because they think they've equalled Clyde, but not quite as financially viable.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post
    That's my understanding

Seemingly, because they've won the Scottish Cup three times in the last hundred years (like Clyde and St Mirren) and because they won the First World War all by themselves, Ban Ki-Moon has promised them that if necessary, the UN will step in and save them.

Unfortunately I don't think Ban realises the full extent of the mess they're in and may ultimately rescind the offer.

Fortunately, Homfc fans love being promised something then having it completely not delivered

They just can't get enough of it, as their subservience to Vlad proves. They'll just let it ride and then redirect their hurt and anger by pretending the SFA has it in for them

(As opposed to the truth, which is they play dirty football with dirty football players)

So there we have it - Homfc, chuffed with themselves because they think they've equalled Clyde, but not quite as financially viable.
    The Yams - a poor man's Clyde. Love it!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie® View Post
    The Yams - a poor man's Clyde. Love it!
    That's what they are
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Looks like they've coughed up ...................for now anyway.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmid...ook.5536454.jp

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post

Think everyone expected this to be the way it panned out. Hopefully though, that bill will have robbed Plan F of any chance of bringing in any more players.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Lothians MSP George Foulkes, a former Hearts chairman, said HMRC's approach appeared to be "better late than never".

He said: "This is what I expected to happen and follows the previous pattern of how these things are dealt with.

"It shows (club director) Sergejus Fedotovas is true to his word.

"I have been looking into this issue and it would be wrong to single out Hearts as the only ones who let things go to the wire. I'm afraid HMRC have got a protocol they work on now with football clubs. The philosophy can be summed up as 'better late than never'."

So, this is the way Hearts always pay their bills - only after the creditor threatens them with court action.

And Chairman Fetid-off is telling the truth when he says that the cheque's in the post - only it's second-class post from Vilnius, via Vladivostok and Burkina Faso, and it'll take six months to arrive.

And everyone else is doing it too, so it's really OK.

Chairman Watson seems to agree:

Derek Watson, chairman of the Hearts Supporters Trust, said supporters were satisfied with the way the club had handled the threat of legal action.

He said: "I was quite happy with what Mr Fedotovas said at the time. It's not just the current regime that acts like this, Hearts over the years have paid bills at the last minute. This just seems to be the way football is at the moment.

"I'm concerned about the whole state of the Scottish game, as most people are, because we can't compete with teams south of the border.

"It's about trying to do the best we can in the current circumstances."

"We've been late paying our bills for years, so I don't see why HMRC were getting their knickers in a twist. Everyone else does it, so it must be OK."

Nice of them to be so concerned about the state of the rest of us, mind.

Well that's their Europa group stages money gone.

Maybe they won't be so lucky the next time the HMRC come calling. Is there a pray smilie somewhere?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Well that's their Europa group stages money gone.

Maybe they won't be so lucky the next time the HMRC come calling. Is there a pray smilie somewhere?

What Europa group stages? They ain't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    What Europa group stages? They ain't there yet.
    I know - they only paid the HMRC because they are pinning their hopes on getting to the big money stages.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I know - they only paid the HMRC because they are pinning their hopes on getting to the big money stages.

OOOOOHHHH DEARRRRR......

@hibs.net private member
    I like the little ditty some hahahearts fan has appended to his comment

"Hughes chased all the boys"

We should adopt that as one for the terraces, Yogi would be delighted and certainly not offended

@hibs.net private member
    Oh! and I wonder who is not gettig paid so that they could pay the tax man. Watch out for the rush of companies chasing them now

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Does anyone know if this money has actually been paid to the local authority or is it one of those unpaid bills?
    I am not convinced that anything has been paid yet.

HMRC have accepted Hearts proposed payment schedule and have withdrawn the document. For now!

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I like the little ditty some hahahearts fan has appended to his comment

"Hughes chased all the boys"

We should adopt that as one for the terraces, Yogi would be delighted and certainly not offended

And the who writes

Why would they force Administration, even in the unlikely event of non payment, why would they do that to any company if they wanted their money, surely the business would still have to be trading to get it to them.

The taxman waits for nobody. Doesn't matter if your Champions League holders with 400,000 supporters or a wee corner shop. When they want their money they tend to get it or else.

Ticky tocky.