hibs.net Messageboard

Pubs in southampton

Im moving to southampton to start a uni course and dont want to miss the games next season, anyone know any boozers that show hibs games?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Speak to wee Deek

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im moving to southampton to start a uni course and dont want to miss the games next season, anyone know any boozers that show hibs games?
    There's a few bars just of the main street (above bar street) that have sky and show all the games. Not sure if they'll subscribe to ESPN. Most bars will show the Hibs games, all i'd say is check before hand with the pub, if there's an EPL game or championship game happening at the same time most pubs will have they English games on.

Walkabout shows all the scottish games - opposite the stippers "for your eyes only"

Hail hail

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    There's a few bars just of the main street (above bar street) that have sky and show all the games. Not sure if they'll subscribe to ESPN. Most bars will show the Hibs games, all i'd say is check before hand with the pub, if there's an EPL game or championship game happening at the same time most pubs will have they English games on.

Walkabout shows all the scottish games - opposite the stippers "for your eyes only"

Hail hail
    cheers!

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    My brother goes to Uni down there. What course are you doing? I will ask him where is good for footie.

Are you Southampon or the Institute?

J

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    There is a cracking pub down near Ocean Village that used to be a Lighthouse, still has the circular bar. Since they built St Mary's it is very close to there too now. It has been a good few years since I lived there, but that pub was always a great place for sport.

I mind watching Scotland v England rugby games and guys were running round the bar on the table tops when points were scored (on both sides ). Cannae mind the name of the place but I spent many days/nights on the peeve with fine people there!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I solved the problem by getting Virgin Media in the house therefore I don't need to visit the boozers in Southampton

I imagine a fair few would show the Hibs games though.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    My brother goes to Uni down there. What course are you doing? I will ask him where is good for footie.

Are you Southampon or the Institute?

J
    Im going to Solent on a Sports Coaching degree, cheers mate!

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    When I was in Southampton, Walkabout was the place to watch the games. Loads of TV's, and the place is vast, so it never feels over crowded. I can't remember it's name, but there is a bar opposite the Spar near the Uni that is really nice. A great selection of real ales, and the boy who runs it is a really nice fella.