Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I'm bored at work... and on a recruitment drive

Gamer IDs

Full PR for those who can't be bothered to follow the link:

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Capitals
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Edinburgh Capitals Ice Hockey team are extending an invitation to the city's football fans to come along this weekend to cheer the Capitals on in their quest to make the play offs.
    With Hibs and Hearts both out of the Scottish Cup this weekend, Edinburgh football fans can sample the fast pace and exciting sport of ice hockey.
    Edinburgh Capitals are offering Hibs and Hearts season ticket holders the chance to see Scotland’s only Elite Ice Hockey team for a special price of £10 for adults and £5 for children.

All fans need to do is bring along their football team's season ticket book and show it at the Capitals box office to take up this special price offer.
    The Capitals will be facing their fierce rivals, Newcastle Vipers, and a win will help them to secure the final play off spot.
    Capitals owner, Scott Neil, said, “I know a number of football fans will be at a loose end this week due to Cup action and we want to invite them along to see first hand the world’s fastest team sport. Games against the Vipers are always full of excitement and action and we expect a hard fought match that will thrill the crowd.”
    Edinburgh Capitals v Newcastle Vipers is on Saturday 7th March at Murrayfield Ice Rink, face off 18:00

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Great offer and with it being Newcastle there's the distinct possibility that there will be plenty action with both sticks and fists!

Take your Hibs Season Ticket along and get in for a tenner! Well worth it if you want to see what Ice Hockey is all about.

Let's just say it's not like the game the girls used to play at school!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp® View Post
    Great offer and with it being Newcastle there's the distinct possibility that there will be plenty action with both sticks and fists!

Take your Hibs Season Ticket along and get in for a tenner! Well worth it if you want to see what Ice Hockey is all about.

Let's just say it's not like the game the girls used to play at school!
    Should be plenty of PowerPlay opportunities for us as well, given Newcastle have the highest PIMs in the league. Hopefully we can avoid lots of silly penalties ourselves and take advantage!

I'm expecting a really good game.

Gamer IDs

Just need to keep this one alive until tomorrow - the Caps need all the support they can get tomorrow, and this is a brilliant promotion for Hibs fans.

6pm Saturday, Murrayfield Ice Rink
    £10 adults/£5 conc on production of a Hibs season ticket.
    (£15 adult\£11 conc\£7 kids for everyone else)

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    That's a great idea. I'd really like to see more link-ups between the two sports in this way. Sadly I just can't imagine that happening here with Forest/Notts and the Nottingham Panthers - the management of the hockey club are way too tight.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    That's a great idea. I'd really like to see more link-ups between the two sports in this way. Sadly I just can't imagine that happening here with Forest/Notts and the Nottingham Panthers - the management of the hockey club are way too tight.
    As I've said on the Capitals forum, I'd love it if this was made an official partnership between Hibs and the Caps (and Hearts too if they really have to ), since as it stands Hibs (and Hearts) aren't really involved in this promotion.

@hibs.net private member Pheona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    Should be plenty of PowerPlay opportunities for us as well, given Newcastle have the highest PIMs in the league. Hopefully we can avoid lots of silly penalties ourselves and take advantage!

I'm expecting a really good game.
    and you forgot to mention you get to hear our very own Mr Stamp announcing those penalties and (hopefully) goals!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    and you forgot to mention you get to hear our very own Mr Stamp announcing those penalties and (hopefully) goals!!
    Depending on where you sit!

Could you hear us OK last week against Belfast F. ? Seems to have been better behind the speakers last week for some reason?

Gamer IDs

Could you hear us OK last week against Belfast F. ? Seems to have been better behind the speakers last week for some reason?
    In the front tier (probably in front of the speakers) most announcements were garbled.

As long as I could hear the main bits such as "slashing", "hooking" etc I was ok with it!

The music was nice and clear though. Lovin' the organ music!

Sounded ok to me, but then does most weeks.

Not as good as when Scott was there of course

(I'm kidding!)

Sounded ok to me, but then does most weeks.

Not as good as when Scott was there of course

(I'm kidding!)
    I should hope so too! "Let's make some noise!!" Thought I'd gone to bloody Tynecastle by mistake!

I notice it was all the Yams though who were singing his praises so I must be doing something right! Maybe it was Albert Kidd winning the 50/50 draw a few weeks back that annoyed them!

In the front tier (probably in front of the speakers) most announcements were garbled.

As long as I could hear the main bits such as "slashing", "hooking" etc I was ok with it!

The music was nice and clear though. Lovin' the organ music!
    It's completely baffling because earlier in the season it was the area behind the speakers where there were sound problems.

Think I'll get Andi to try it with no bass at all tomorrow and see if that helps.

Gamer IDs

It's completely baffling because earlier in the season it was the area behind the speakers where there were sound problems.

Think I'll get Andi to try it with no bass at all tomorrow and see if that helps.

I'm ok with it, I'm used to the East Stand PA system anyway! As long as I can make out what the penalties have been called for I don't mind really. I could make those out (though a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend thought a penalty had been called for "smashing time" - must have been something to do with Jim Bowen! Turns out the announcement was a "two minute penalty for slashing, in a time of....")

I should hope so too! "Let's make some noise!!" Thought I'd gone to bloody Tynecastle by mistake!

I notice it was all the Yams though who were singing his praises so I must be doing something right! Maybe it was Albert Kidd winning the 50/50 draw a few weeks back that annoyed them!

Which reminds me, you quite obviously read out the wrong number the other week. My number was 2526 NOT 2525 (or something like that!)

I'm ok with it, I'm used to the East Stand PA system anyway! As long as I can make out what the penalties have been called for I don't mind really. I could make those out (though a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend thought a penalty had been called for "smashing time" - must have been something to do with Jim Bowen! Turns out the announcement was a "two minute penalty for slashing, in a time of....")
    Like it!

The penalty calls and goal announcements are the important things. There is far too much other rubbish at times to be announced on matchnights which I don't think is necessary but ....

We've had pretty good feedback for recapping all the stats at the end of the period (something which was never done previously) just in case people couldn't make anything out or missed something so hopefully we get all bases covered one way or another.

It cracks me up mind when one guy on the Caps board says he and his group were discussing the POTY awards last week at the game after they were announced and was wondering when they could vote online. Another guy (serial moaner) then asks "were they" to which the original poster backtracks saying he thinks so but he wasnt sure! Brilliant - let's have a discussion about something we thought we heard but maybe didn't! Even down to the degree that they knew about online voting ... despite maybe not hearing it!

Both Yams unsurprisingly.

Gamer IDs

Which reminds me, you quite obviously read out the wrong number the other week. My number was 2526 NOT 2525 (or something like that!)
    They read out the wrong number for the Belfast jersey too. I was 1 out! (I had a 20 and the winner was 19!)

Not that I wanted it, but I coulda sold it!

Oooyah! It's grim when that happens. Happened to me a couple of times. I was three out once and five out another time! Never just one out though. To make it worse, the Mrs has won it once!

Gamer IDs

Right, this is probably the last bump I'm doing on this thread before tomorrow's match.

Hope to see some .netters at the rink tomorrow. Certainly been a positive reaction on the corresponding thread in the PM forum.

'Mon the Captials!

As I said to you earlier. Last week was the first time that I was unable to hear you all season.