hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Rugby Sevens

Rugby Sevens

Scotland won the 'Shield' last night here in NZ. It was the least prestigious of all the trophies, but a win nonetheless!

England won the 'cup', beat New Zealand in the final

On this subject, they have the Sevens in Edinburgh, and it really should be bigger than it is. Over here the 2 days are basically an excuse for a HUGE party, everyone goes in fancy dress, gets steaming, and it all culminates with a massive street party in the city centre, basically it's a really big thing!

I never even knew it was on in Edinburgh until I looked into it a bit more.

Not even a huge rugby fan but a bit more should be made of this when it's on IMO!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland won the 'Shield' last night here in NZ. It was the least prestigious of all the trophies, but a win nonetheless!

England won the 'cup', beat New Zealand in the final

On this subject, they have the Sevens in Edinburgh, and it really should be bigger than it is. Over here the 2 days are basically an excuse for a HUGE party, everyone goes in fancy dress, gets steaming, and it all culminates with a massive street party in the city centre, basically it's a really big thing!

I never even knew it was on in Edinburgh until I looked into it a bit more.

Not even a huge rugby fan but a bit more should be made of this when it's on IMO!
    mate, in the borders thats what folk do for the melrose sevens.

got mates from Galashiels and the melrose sevens is one of the highlights of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    mate, in the borders thats what folk do for the melrose sevens.

got mates from Galashiels and the melrose sevens is one of the highlights of the year
    It really should be a highlight in Edinburgh. Based on the weekend past, Scotland are actually not too bad in it. Would be good if 67,000 people were in Murrayfield for basically a big party with some rugby being played.

I prefer sevens to 'real' rugby I have to say, so I think there is a market to attract some new fans.

Basically it needs some people to start it off, like here in Wellington about 8 years ago. Some people just started dressing up and it took off from there.