hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Have you met any hibs players out and about?

What hibs players have you met out and about?

I met David Murphy wandering about looking lost in Picardy Place one day. Big lad.

Also met Riordan in a pub in rose street, Olivers i think it was. Looked a bit frightened when I charged up to him to say awrite but he was sound and shook my hand anyhoo.

Met Mixu Princess street.

Met Kevin Thompson in Shakespears on lothian road when he was injured. Tried to get him to join in with the rudi skacel song but he was having none of it. Just laughed

Met darren jackson in blockbuster. Asked him what video he got, think he said "weekend at bernies "

Just realised i sound like a crazed hibs player stalker here but interested to know where u guys have met players out and about

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmg_82 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what hibs players have you met out and about?

I met david murphy wandering about looking lost in picardy place one day. Big lad.

Also met riordan in a pub in rose street, olivers i think it was. Looked a bit frightened when i charged up to him to say awrite but he was sound and shook my hand anyhoo.

Met mixu princess street.

Met kevin thompson in shakespears on lothian road when he was injured. Tried to get him to join in with the rudi skacel song but he was having none of it. Just laughed

met darren jackson in blockbuster. Asked him what video he got, think he said "weekend at bernies "

just realised i sound like a crazed hibs player stalker here but interested to know where u guys have met players out and about
    serial stalker alert!!!!

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    on sunday, lewis stevenson drove away from my street (in dundee), after apparently being at a house party the night before.

its probably a good thing i wasnt at this house party, don't think i would have left him alone.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Met Deano & Nish in Ocean Terminal, Deano was a nice bloke.

Met Ivan in Best Kebab one night too, dunno who was more drunk me or him

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post

Met Ivan in Best Kebab one night too, dunno who was more drunk me or him
    Did he have those manky roast tatties?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Did he have those manky roast tatties?
    You sir, have no taste

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Nish a big time Charlie?

So what are you saying, that Nishy snubbed you?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    met mixu during his cowdenbeath days in boom barbers.

met practically the whole team in why not VIP lounge last new year.

met morais numerous times.... i call him zarabi which he takes in good humour, seen him in le monde just after he scored teh double for ICT.
    told me both his goals were crap but he should be doing that for the hibees.

best story came from the new year just past though... was in why not dancing away on the dancefloor.... andy mcneil was with a few mates next to the dancefloor...... there had been a small stage erected infront of the DJ box.... one of mcneils friends was totally smashed and tripped over the stage.... guess who tried to catch him.... and missed..... oooo the irony!!!

away from hibees, i met neil lennon walking past ryans bar & claudio cannagia in guilanos.

O, and i met peter beardsley & kevin keegan at musselburgh races

most famous footy player i met though is steven gerrard & joey barton in Garlands nightclub in liverpool.

not that i'm name dropping like.....

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    So what are you saying, that Nishy snubbed you?
    Other way about really, I was only really interested in speaking to Deano, Nish was offside anyway

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Other way about really, I was only really interested in speaking to Deano, Nish was offside anyway

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Can't be offside if you're not interfering in the conversation.

I have also met

Russell Latapy & Dwight Yorke, Yorke didnt like me very much, it was in the 3 Sisters when Euro 2000 was on, I walked up & said "Excuse me can I have your autograph please?", Yorke said "sure whats your name", he wasnt too chuffed when I said "I wasnt talking to you I was asking Russell"

Russell had a wee chuckle to himself though

@hibs.net private member
    I have also met

Russell Latapy & Dwight Yorke, Yorke didnt like me very much, it was in the 3 Sisters when Euro 2000 was on, I walked up & said "Excuse me can I have your autograph please?", Yorke said "sure whats your name", he wasnt too chuffed when I said "I wasnt talking to you I was asking Russell"

Saw that pair in the same pub at the same time as well. Great guys, were buying us tequila's for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Saw that pair in the same pub at the same time as well. Great guys, were buying us tequila's for a while.
    They were both actually good blokes, I didnt even notice them at first, then my mate goes "Did you just see who you were standing at the bar beside?" I turned round & saw them sitting there.

A lil side story and not a player but
    I remeber a few years ago my sister and I were in the gyle, and had just gotten the hibs callender.We were in whs smiths and well i thought, isn't that the hibs manager, a certain Tony Mowbray.
    My sis was not sure and while i was looking at whatever i was looking at(cant remeber) and well, my sis followed him and got him to sign her callender

met quite a few hibs players out and about, and when celtic played Aalborg in the champs league i took Brian Laudrup through to his hotel in Glasgow(he was doin work for Danish tv) in my taxi,,very nice guy... He wanted to talk about Hibs aswell, which was a bonus...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    I have also met

Never met any hibs players while they have been playing for us but have bumped into a few ex players.

John Collins
    Paul Hartley
    Andy Goram (really decent guy was surprised had heard he was a bit of an:asshole:)

For non hibs player used to see Arthur Newman in ASDA all the time, again a really decent guy. I met Barry Ferguson once.

Quote Originally Posted by maiden666 View Post

Never met any hibs players while they have been playing for us but have bumped into a few ex players.

John Collins
    Paul Hartley
    Andy Goram (really decent guy was surprised had heard he was a bit of an:asshole:)

For non hibs player used to see Arthur Newman in ASDA all the time, again a really decent guy. I met Barry Ferguson once.
    I met Goram dozens of times when he was with Hibs. Even played fives with him. He was a right good lad in those days. No pretensions at all.

He turned into a complete arse. But that's what the Huns do to you ... em, so I understand.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    I met Goram dozens of times when he was with Hibs. Even played fives with him. He was a right good lad in those days. No pretensions at all.

He turned into a complete arse. But that's what the Huns do to you ... em, so I understand.

He runs a small drinking establishment not far from me now, not that I would drink there........ Have spoke to him a couple of times outside it though and is always happy to chat.

I've met Torben Joneleit when he was on loan here. Seen Derek Riordan in McDonalds on Princes Street the other week. Ross Chisholm on the number 22. Ian Murray, Gary O'Connor, Kevin Thomson, David Grof, Roland Edge.

And I've saved the best for last, the living legend himself,

THIERRY GATHUESSI!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    I've met Torben Joneleit when he was on loan here. Seen Derek Riordan in McDonalds on Princes Street the other week. Ross Chisholm on the number 22. Ian Murray, Gary O'Connor, Kevin Thomson, David Grof, Roland Edge.

And I've saved the best for last, the living legend himself,

THIERRY GATHUESSI!
    Ian Murray was regularly spotted at the shops at Oxgangs Broadway during his first spell at Hibs. The fact that there was a cream cookies there I am sure was entirely coincidental to his being there.

I met a good few of the players on the train to their night out once. It was brilliant to discover that professional footballers arent all arrogant primadonnas like we're always told, they were all really friendly and genuine

Met Pat Stanton last Thursday, also was speaking to him at my uncle's wedding. Saw, Le God, in Princes' St, went to go speak to him but thought "nah, he's out with the family trying to have a nice day out, i'll just leave him"

Other less illustrious characters include, Brebner, Ormen and A.N Other at Mercado's the night follwing the 3-1 pumping we took at Tannadice.

Was playing pool with a girl I was at college with at the pool hall just beside Meadowbank House, Broony and a mate walked in and started playing on the table beside us. The fact it was Broony was totally lost on this bird, she was totally uninterested.

I told Stuart Lovell once in the club shop that it looks like Hibs have lost their confidence.

Probably the most famous sportsman i've met and talked to was Seve Ballesterous when we were filming for A Question of Sport!

met most of moggas squad on a christmas night out in city 3 Christmases ago.

Met Mikey stewart, Jamie Mckluskey, Fletch(who was a right dick), Riordan, Deek and a few others

I also used to see Riordan quite frequently in establishment on a thursday
    I also met Garry O connor once when he was playing for Loko, I was highly surprised.

Coaching Staff
    Met Sproule and Shiels in the Burke and Hare after the Hearts game we lost just after winning the league cup.

It was seemingly the start of the revolt against Collins. Sproule turned up hung over the next morning, got a ticking off from JC and Sproule complained that they didn't get enough time off to have a drink if they wanted.

A few players backed Sproule, then the complaints about the trip abroad were added to it and it all kicked on from there. Apparently.
    Last edited by Andy74; 29-01-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Met Sproule and Shiels in the Buke and Hare after the Hearts game we lost just after winning the league cup.

It was seemingly the start of the revolt against Collins. Sproule turned up hung over the next morning, got a ticking off from JC and Sproule complained that they didn't get enough time off to have a drink if they wanted.

A few players backed Sproule, then the complaints about the trip abroad were added to it and it all kicked on from there. Apparently.
    So, it was all your fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    met most of moggas squad on a christmas night out in city 3 Christmases ago.

Met Mikey stewart, Jamie Mckluskey, Fletch(who was a right dick), Riordan, Deek and a few others

I also used to see Riordan quite frequently in establishment on a thursday
    I also met Garry O connor once when he was playing for Loko, I was highly surprised.
    Twins?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    So, it was all your fault!

Naked ladies. It was their fault.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Returning from a holiday up north with the kids a few years ago, we stopped off at a hotel in Kinross for a meal.

Sitting at the table I recognised a few familiar faces waliking past, Jim Leighton - gawd is he bandy - then Ian Murray and a few other guys, which made me realise it was the Scotland U21 squad. ( They were playing a game at Dunfermilne that night.)

Anyway, what I remember most is that when I pointed them out to the wife and kids, they were all friendly, smiling etc. except one of them - a wee rat faced guy with a red streak doon the the middle of his heid - started to give me the evil eye, for a good six or seven seconds. I held hiis stare till he eventually moved on, thinking ' Whit a pr*ck!'

He wasn't famous at the time and it was only later I realised it was.......,

James Mcfadden..............,

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    About a year and a half ago, me and the guy i was working with that day were on our way to a job. Anyway we were stuck behind a wee bit of traffic just beside that pool place at Meadowbank (cant remember its name). As we were waiting, all of a sudden strolling along the pavement with his mate was Kevin Thomshun. I rolled down the window and said ''Awrite Kevin'' He turned and said ''Awrite'' then continued walking. I then said ''Here'' and he stopped and faced the van. Then i shouted at the top of my lungs ''OOOH KEVIN THOMSON YOU USED TO BE A HIBEE BUT YOU SOLD YOUR SOLE!'' Then at the perfect timing the lights changed and we pulled away, me with my head sticking out the window with a big grin, and Thomsons embarrassed/ragin face was a picture i'll ALWAYS rememeber!