hibs.net Messageboard

+ Reply to Thread

Do we have a sell on clause for Scott Brown?

Fingers crossed we do if this turns out to be true

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...cle2086783.ece

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Was thinking about this earlier too. Has Brown really improved by 5million since he moved to celic. Its a lose lose situation for hibs if they dont have a clause. Selling your best player just for the buying team to double there money in 18months

Rod's a shrewdie I would expect him to have included a sell on clause in every players contract

I doubt it ...

Given the size of the fee Celtc paid for Brown, I'd be surprised if that including any % of future sale/profit on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottTheHibby2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought we were due another £1m after x amount of appearances, I can't believe Rod wouldn't have both angles covered
    I heard that also at the time but im sure if we were due anything we would have heard something by now.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Given the size of the fee Celtc paid for Brown, I'd be surprised if that including any % of future sale/profit on sale.
    I thought we were due another £1m after x amount of appearances, I can't believe Rod wouldn't have both angles covered
    SB if he stays at CellicPark will cost Celtc over £11M over the term of his deal.

Therefore I will be STAGGERED if they allowed a further cost/clause re his transfer.

You have to remember Willie McKay, not RP, was the one adding value to Hibs upon the sales of KT and Broon

If there is no sell-on clause then it renders meaningless any clause for add-ons that might otherwise fall due to the original selling club through appearances.

RP is not naive on contractual matters.

(PS I thought we were due another £0.5m for SB.)

Blog Entries
    You have to remember that Portsmouth got £24 million for a player they signed 10 months previous for £5 million......

Now even RP would be red faced at that sort of increase. So the only reason such sums are being mentioned for Brown is due to portsmouth having cash burning a hole......Do they need a VERY fast winger for a few million

@hibs.net private member Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    You have to remember that Portsmouth got £24 million for a player they signed 10 months previous for £5 million......

Now even RP would be red faced at that sort of increase. So the only reason such sums are being mentioned for Brown is due to portsmouth having cash burning a hole......Do they need a VERY fast winger for a few million
    Did Rod put a sell on clause on Ivan as well

you also have to remember Scotty said he wasn't interested in going to Reading or Wigan cos he didn't want to move to a team that would be involved in relegation battles .... well why on earth would he move to Pompey who will be more than likely relegated next season .. if they survive this one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Hand_Luke View Post
    Did Rod put a sell on clause on Ivan as well
    no I was thinking AOB if they have millions to spare

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    you also have to remember Scotty said he wasn't interested in going to Reading or Wigan cos he didn't want to move to a team that would be involved in relegation battles .... well why on earth would he move to Pompey who will be more than likely relegated next season .. if they survive this one
    Don't have a strong opinion whether he should or shouldn't consider such a move but.........regardless of the greater likelihood of European football with Celtc, with a team like Portsmouth he would be raising his profile considerably in England. If he can do a decent job with a team like that then he'll get a move elsewhere in the EPL. While he's in Glasgow there wll be top-flight English clubs who just wouldn't take the chance IMO.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Rangers were after Scott Brown at the time, remember.

RP will have used this fact to squeeze the last penny out of Celtic. And a sell on clause, imo.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Rangers were after Scott Brown at the time, remember.

RP will have used this fact to squeeze the last penny out of Celtic. And a sell on clause, imo.
    Hibs agreed the fee and terms with Celtc AND Gers. Der Hun (Murray) even called Broon as he was driven to Darkheid trying to poach him - but offered £15k against Celtc £25k p/w. I dont believe there is a clause.