hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was pretty ****. If I was Naggi i would not be happy right now either.
    He wasn't fighting, was getting hurt and didn't have a hope in hell of finishing Hatton. Good protection by his corner IMO.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    He wasn't fighting, was getting hurt and didn't have a hope in hell of finishing Hatton. Good protection by his corner IMO.
    I agree.........Hatton would have burst his head wide open if PM had stood upright. He suffered a bad set of injuries when demolished by Cotto and truth be told......he fight has been torn out him before Hatton arrived, although The Hitman did say he thinks he scared him with his first punch that landed flush.

Not a good fight to watch though.
    Last edited by Toaods; 23-11-2008 at 03:52 AM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Very boring fight, malignaggi never once looked in the same class as RH

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by livi_hibee View Post
    looking forward to this one, Malignaggi gets talked up a lot and failed to live up to it at Hattons homecoming.

ill take a hatton win, possibly knockout in the later rounds

mon the hitman

good prediction then

good performence from hatton, a very powerful display although Malignaggi found himself out of his depth as did hatton against mayweather last year.

bring on del a hoya that would be the ultimate fight

joe_hfc
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by livi_hibee View Post
    good prediction then

good performence from hatton, a very powerful display although Malignaggi found himself out of his depth as did hatton against mayweather last year.

bring on del a hoya that would be the ultimate fight
    de la hoya is the same class as mayweather, he almost beat mayweather - therefore I think de lah hoya would embarass Hatton if they ever fought.

Apparently Mayweather has come out of retirement, and will fight the winner of the hatton delahoya/pacquiao fight! exciting times

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i thought naggi was gonna hit his trainer when he pulled him out
    He was going to but decided against it and grabbed his leg instead.

I actually thought he was going to cry.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_hfc View Post
    de la hoya is the same class as mayweather, he almost beat mayweather - therefore I think de lah hoya would embarass Hatton if they ever fought.

Apparently Mayweather has come out of retirement, and will fight the winner of the hatton delahoya/pacquiao fight! exciting times

i agree del a hoya would probably win but i dont think it would be as much as mayweather did, but wembley next year if del a hoya gets through the next fight

Not sure De La Hoya would embarass Hatton. De La Hoya has been one of the iconic and great fighters of his generation but he's slowly creeping over that hill that all boxers do.

The De La Hoya/Mayweather fight was nigh on 3 years ago now and De La Hoya will be older and slower again by the time he fights Hatton. People have underestimated Hatton his whole career and if last night is anything to go by he still has plenty left in the tank. He was strong, powerful and very, very fast. If Malignaggi had have stood upright and let a fight take place then Hatton would have finished it very early doors.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

I don't think De La Hoya is as good as Mayweather but De La Hoya is bigger. He's a light middleweight going down a weight and Hatton will be going up a weight so I think De La Hoya will win it.

De La Hoya should have far too much for Pacquiao, he's moving up two weights for the fight.

Hatton-Pacquiao would be good to see

Not a classic by any strectch of the imagination. However the referee should have been a lot stricter on malignaggi for lowering his head. Counted at least 12 times in 1 round where he walked towards hatton with he his head at about waist hieght and stuck his head under hattons arm. Only one boxer looked liked they wanted to fight and the other just wanted to get through it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Cannae believe i paid 15 squid for that.