hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowls

6-2 the Jewel ...cracking result ...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Fine 7-2 victory for the Northern first XVI at home v Blackhall last night, should keep us up near the top.
    Burnsie's first game of the season after my 4 week holiday results in a 34-9 win

Having to go up to Grogie Mills tonight for the coronation fours, might have to wear a Hibs T-Shirt under the white bowling shirt, just to protect me from the cold you understand

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    7 - 2 win for Whitehouse away to Merchiston in what was our first game of the season. Yours truly took one for the team 10-9 up after 11 ends and never scored again.

By the way how cold is it at night? Towards the end it was like picking up blocks of ice.

A great 7-2 for the goldenacre last night over tanfield, myself highest up with only C Hutch down to Mally by 5. Bad news for you Burnsie, Sunny Leith has pulled out the Scottish pairs, decided to go in the u25's after winning it last monday at the club!

Dalkeith 2 out of the knockout tonight, beaten 2-1 at home by Deantown.

Hope we can pick it back up tomorrow night, away to Danderhall 2 in the league!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A great 7-2 for the goldenacre last night over tanfield, myself highest up with only C Hutch down to Mally by 5. Bad news for you Burnsie, Sunny Leith has pulled out the Scottish pairs, decided to go in the u25's after winning it last monday at the club!
    Well done on both fronts S.L. beating Tanfield is always good (isn't that right Andrew? ).
    Was your U25 victory held over from last year?
    Was looking forward to meeting you next Friday too but good luck in the U25's

We got beat by Pilrig in the Coronation Fours last night at a bloomin freezing cold Grogie Mills. Missed out on an extra end by half a bowls width with the last bowl of the game, thought I had played the perfect 'chap and lie shot to give us the required two but just got the wrong contact on their bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie07 View Post
    Well done on both fronts S.L. beating Tanfield is always good (isn't that right Andrew? ).
    Was your U25 victory held over from last year?

We got beat by Pilrig in the Coronation Fours last night at a bloomin freezing cold Grogie Mills. Missed out on an extra end by half a bowls width with the last bowl of the game, thought I had played the perfect 'chap and lie shot to give us the required two but just got the wrong contact on their bowl
    Cheers Burnsie, it was yeah. Colin had his indoor and what have you so we decided to finish it off this season and I manged to get the job done. You will still enjoy playing against Ronnie, ive never seen the man upset yet!

Unlucky last night, sounds as if it was a very close game!

Good 5-3 home win for the Jewel at home to Polton last night in terrible conditions ...other than our loss in the first game to Buccleuch we are starting to play with a bit more confidence now.....fingers crossed though as we are starting to hit holiday time etc so there will be a few changes in personnel in the coming weeks ...

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Good 5-3 home win for the Jewel at home to Polton last night in terrible conditions ...other than our loss in the first game to Buccleuch we are starting to play with a bit more confidence now.....fingers crossed though as we are starting to hit holiday time etc so there will be a few changes in personnel in the coming weeks ...
    Well done mate, Polton had started the season well, so a good result.

Our 1st team got pumped 7-1 at home to Buccleuch, to continue their poor start of the season.

We kept up our 100% record with a 6-2 victory away to Danderhall 2.

The only problem we have is; team 1 will probably start pinching our players, due to their bad start.

Mondays selection meeting will be interesting, I'll have to keep the heid if my fears come to fruition!

Quote Originally Posted by James Connolly View Post
    Well done mate, Polton had started the season well, so a good result.

Our 1st team got pumped 7-1 at home to Buccleuch, to continue their poor start of the season.

We kept up our 100% record with a 6-2 victory away to Danderhall 2.

The only problem we have is; team 1 will probably start pinching our players, due to their bad start.

Mondays selection meeting will be interesting, I'll have to keep the heid if my fears come to fruition!
    Cheers James & well done you lot, yer certainly motoring the now mate ...pity as you say there may be poaching from yer A team, thats inevitable though eh ? ...we thankfully dont have such a prob wi only having (what started as 20) we are not back down to a bare 16...the most will happen is a place on the bench....

We have been fortunate enough though as its roughly the same 16 players that have carried us from the 5th to the 2nd division so they know the score ..

We have Polton again in the ko cup on Tues night so heres hoping for the double..

Cheers James & well done you lot, yer certainly motoring the now mate ...pity as you say there may be poaching from yer A team, thats inevitable though eh ? ...we thankfully dont have such a prob wi only having (what started as 20) we are not back down to a bare 16...the most will happen is a place on the bench....

We have been fortunate enough though as its roughly the same 16 players that have carried us from the 5th to the 2nd division so they know the score ..

We have Polton again in the ko cup on Tues night so heres hoping for the double..
    Aye it is inevitable that we'll lose players to team 1, they do have 1st pick after all; still does your heid in though!

Hats off to the Jewel for doing so well, with such a small pool of players; good luck in the Knockout on Tuesday.

Aye it is inevitable that we'll lose players to team 1, they do have 1st pick after all; still does your heid in though!

Hats off to the Jewel for doing so well, with such a small pool of players; good luck in the Knockout on Tuesday.
    Cheers James, we will have a shadow team out on Tues night i think, more likely we will pull a few "Seniors" in for that game as we will be pretty short ..im down to play but im working ..

As for your A team ..

A good few years back the Jewel had the luxury of having two teams ..the A team were very cliquey & no-one had a chance of getting in whereas the B team were much more flexible & would always give newcomers a chance...there were always pretty volatile exchanges between both teams throughout that time too ..

The inevitable happened though & the A team disbanded..we have built up what was left of the B team & the ironic thing is we have 2 or 3 players who played in the A team playing with us now however they have absolutley no influence on team matters....see, much less hassle wi one single team ...

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    22-8 win for the whitehouse & grange on wednesday agaisnt ferranti was close but we ll done well in last couple of ends second game of the season!!

Quote Originally Posted by leemc-1989 View Post
    22-8 win for the whitehouse & grange on wednesday agaisnt ferranti was close but we ll done well in last couple of ends second game of the season!!
    Do you play in the same team as Andy (Tanfield) ?

I am skip for the 3rd team,
    but yeah ano andy

i have him in our presidential trophy!!

Quote Originally Posted by leemc-1989 View Post
    I am skip for the 3rd team,
    but yeah ano andy

i have him in our presidential trophy!!

Good win on Wednesday Lee - congrats.

Looking forward to playing you Lee, should be a good game. Will try and get it sorted in the next couple weeks (sure we have time).

Good to have you on board. Things are looking up for Whitehouse and pray we get out of Div 4 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Leith View Post
    Cheers Burnsie, it was yeah. Colin had his indoor and what have you so we decided to finish it off this season and I manged to get the job done. You will still enjoy playing against Ronnie, ive never seen the man upset yet!

Unlucky last night, sounds as if it was a very close game!
    Aye, good win for the Acre on Wednesday and you had a good win against Graeme. Did he have the hands on the hips much???

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie07 View Post
    Well done on both fronts S.L. beating Tanfield is always good (isn't that right Andrew? ). Yeah yeah MikeWas your U25 victory held over from last year?

Unlucky by the sounds of things Mike. They didn't put you on rink 2 at Gorgie did they. Played that a couple of tims an no the best

Big week coming up. Prelim of the Singles on Tuesday at Caley That will be fun!

All the best to those playing in the Scottish next week, regardless of district.

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    Good win on Wednesday Lee - congrats.

Looking forward to playing you Lee, should be a good game. Will try and get it sorted in the next couple weeks (sure we have time).

Good to have you on board. Things are looking up for Whitehouse and pray we get out of Div 4 this season.

Thankyou Andy,

yeah thats fine by me, looking forward to playing you myself i just need to practise a few more times but i feel am starting to get back to my best!!

yup we have a game on wed at home where are you abouts?

yup defo a good start for us long may that continue!!!

Take care mate,

Ps good luck to every other bowler on there league and singles Games

Yeah, at home as well (I think!!). Didn't really enjoy playing on Merchiston last week

Cheers James, we will have a shadow team out on Tues night i think, more likely we will pull a few "Seniors" in for that game as we will be pretty short ..im down to play but im working ..

As for your A team ..

A good few years back the Jewel had the luxury of having two teams ..the A team were very cliquey & no-one had a chance of getting in whereas the B team were much more flexible & would always give newcomers a chance...there were always pretty volatile exchanges between both teams throughout that time too ..

The inevitable happened though & the A team disbanded..we have built up what was left of the B team & the ironic thing is we have 2 or 3 players who played in the A team playing with us now however they have absolutley no influence on team matters....see, much less hassle wi one single team ...
    Well as feared, Team 1 have taken one of our skips for Friday!

As we were already struggling for back-end players, this is a real blow.

Means I'm making my debut as a skip, hardly ideal but should be a laugh if nothing else!

Well as feared, Team 1 have taken one of our skips for Friday!

As we were already struggling for back-end players, this is a real blow.

Means I'm making my debut as a skip, hardly ideal but should be a laugh if nothing else!
    See its worked in yer favour ..

Seriously, i was absolutley kacking myself when i played lead, i just felt an unwanted pressure, a pressure that certainly affected my game, i played up short with the majority of my bowls but thanks to an equally nervous opponent many of my short bowls were "chapped" up & added to the count ...

Good luck on yer skip debut..let us know how ye get on ...

See its worked in yer favour ..

Seriously, i was absolutley kacking myself when i played lead, i just felt an unwanted pressure, a pressure that certainly affected my game, i played up short with the majority of my bowls but thanks to an equally nervous opponent many of my short bowls were "chapped" up & added to the count ...

Good luck on yer skip debut..let us know how ye get on ...
    Will do; hopefully I'll not have to do too much!

Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    Aye, good win for the Acre on Wednesday and you had a good win against Graeme. Did he have the hands on the hips much???
    Well the rink we were on was pretty woeful so don't think he was too impressed with that either! Big game on wed for us, a 7 would put us 14 points ahead of the berry already!

A hard fought 5-3 victory for us at home against Musselburgh 2 last night; overall shots were 41-41, but we had 2 rinks up to sneak the 2 points.

Blazer back on for a friendly against Nitshill today; hope my liver holds up!

That wisnae a boolin match that was a drinking match. I think we got about 4 proper ends played. Everyone was going into the bar so we just played out of order to keep the game flowing.

Nice to see you guys again.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    That wisnae a boolin match that was a drinking match. I think we got about 4 proper ends played. Everyone was going into the bar so we just played out of order to keep the game flowing.

Nice to see you guys again.
    Aye, can't really remember much about the day; great craic though!

Aye, can't really remember much about the day; great craic though!
    Your face was a picture when one of the weegies was going to sing the sash.

Managed to get through in the Scottish Singles tonight with a 21-5 win over the Corstorphine champion at Caledonian. Green was quite heavy so I just played long jacks and heaved them up

At Colinton next Tuesday in the 1st round proper.

Any other Scottish results tonight?

Our young Junior, Darren Prentice, won at Goldenacre last night against Dudley.
    Our SBA fours went down by a shot at Portobello.

George Prentice doesn't play until next week in the SBA singles.

BTW Andrew, is it right that you now have a certain Bob Linton as a member of your club?

I'll be working back in the UK in August and Sept,

Looking forward to a game, and also seeing the Cabbage

I'll be looking for some open tournaments in August to play in and lose early doors and then spend a fortune on drink