hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pity James would have been good to have had you there mate.....hopefully next year ....can i just say to James (i will be up your green later in the season in the Esk) & others ...good luck & all the best in tournaments/leagues this season....
    Aye, was looking forward to it, but you know what it's like, not enough weekends for all the bowling through the summer.

Glad to hear the bowling section of the Jewel is still going and participating in the Esk league.

All the best for new season, apart fi when your playing Dalkeith!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by James Connolly View Post
    Aye, was looking forward to it, but you know what it's like, not enough weekends for all the bowling through the summer.

Glad to hear the bowling section of the Jewel is still going and participating in the Esk league.

All the best for new season, apart fi when your playing Dalkeith!
    Cheers James, moral is pretty low at the Jewel at the moment with uncertainty over the future of the bowling membership ...i think we will be lucky to have 50 members this year...

As for the Esk, well as you know we struggled last season & only avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth compared to the season before where we finished 3rd...i look forward to making the trip to Dalkeith (not a lucky hunting ground for us) but a very welcoming place & superb sarnies !!!!

Cheers James, moral is pretty low at the Jewel at the moment with uncertainty over the future of the bowling membership ...i think we will be lucky to have 50 members this year...

As for the Esk, well as you know we struggled last season & only avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth compared to the season before where we finished 3rd...i look forward to making the trip to Dalkeith (not a lucky hunting ground for us) but a very welcoming place & superb sarnies !!!!
    There's nothing between any of the sides in Div 2, so you never know, a successful season may lie ahead?

Unfortunately I'll be plying my trade in Div 3 this seaon after being relegated last year!

I'm sure the boys from team 1 will give you the usual Dalkeith welcome.

Hope you manage to keep the bowling section going; would be a great shame to see it fold.

There's nothing between any of the sides in Div 2, so you never know, a successful season may lie ahead?

Unfortunately I'll be plying my trade in Div 3 this seaon after being relegated last year!

I'm sure the boys from team 1 will give you the usual Dalkeith welcome.

Hope you manage to keep the bowling section going; would be a great shame to see it fold.
    Just seen the fixtures James ...we are away to Buccleuch & you lot are away to Penicuik....nowt like a tough start to the season eh !!

Just seen the fixtures James ...we are away to Buccleuch & you lot are away to Penicuik....nowt like a tough start to the season eh !!
    Especially when it's still snowing in Penicuik in April!

Bit of a bummer for you's as well, you'll have to make do wi a cup o tea after the game!

I see you're not at Dalkeith until the last game of the season, lets hope both teams are still in the hunt for promotion come then.
    Last edited by James Connolly; 08-04-2009 at 07:12 AM.

Especially when it's still snowing in Penicuik in April!

Bit of a bummer for you's as well, you'll have to make do wi a cup o tea after the game!

I see you're not at Dalkeith until the last game of the season, lets hope both teams are still in the hunt for promotion come then.
    I hate a "dry" green...there tends to be a bit o a social culture in the Esk league & theres nowt better than sharing a few pints before..during & after a game ....

I remember my first ever game for the Jewel up in Kirkhill in the 5th div...i was in a rather nervous state & needed a pint to calm the nerves ..alas ..there wasnt a bar !!! ...tea & coffee just aint the same ..

As for the fixtures, im glad we are up in Dalkeith nearer the end of the season..wi a bit o luck it will be into the damp weather & slow yer bloody green doon !!!!

Jewel green opens on Sat ..please ..please dont rain !!!!!

Well opening day has arrived and the sun is shining...oh happy days!

I just hope the club has got the Guinness nice & chilled!

Well opening day has arrived and the sun is shining...oh happy days!

I just hope the club has got the Guinness nice & chilled!
    Its looking good James...if the sun stays oot for a few more hours i will be delighted ....Lager ...Bowls ...mon the Jewel Miners ...

Goldenacre opens a week today, must say im looking forward to the new season, especially playing against the 'stars' of division 1 again. Hopefully weel not get relegated on shots this year

Superb day...turnout approx 50 but a few bowlers in the bar ..membership way down on past years but at least we have bowls ...

I was lead in the winning rink today ....yeeeeehhhhaaa ....

Superb day...turnout approx 50 but a few bowlers in the bar ..membership way down on past years but at least we have bowls ...

I was lead in the winning rink today ....yeeeeehhhhaaa ....
    Glad to here that mate.

My head is banging; canny beat it!!!

Esk League starts on Friday night; Dalkeith Team 2 selector this season...hopefully do a bit better than Mixu!

Esk League starts on Friday night; Dalkeith Team 2 selector this season...hopefully do a bit better than Mixu!
    We done our selection on Friday night after our friendly loss to our "Seniors" team ........

Happily im first reserve, i cant play much this year in the Esk because of my shifts (think i only played 4 last season)..however when available i prefer to sit reserve & at least im there if someone pulls out....& of course im there for the swally !!! ....

Ps ..say hiya tae Wullie & Scott Morrison for me.....

We done our selection on Friday night after our friendly loss to our "Seniors" team ........

Happily im first reserve, i cant play much this year in the Esk because of my shifts (think i only played 4 last season)..however when available i prefer to sit reserve & at least im there if someone pulls out....& of course im there for the swally !!! ....

Ps ..say hiya tae Wullie & Scott Morrison for me.....
    That was my plan this season, being a non playing selector (reserve); but at the selection meeting last night, we realised we're struggling a bit to fill 3 teams!

Still, hopefully we'll get off to a good start on Friday.

I'll let Willie & Scott know you were asking for them.

That was my plan this season, being a non playing selector (reserve); but at the selection meeting last night, we realised we're struggling a bit to fill 3 teams!

Still, hopefully we'll get off to a good start on Friday.

I'll let Willie & Scott know you were asking for them.
    We have two new Captains this year, the former Captain has stepped aside & is gonna do the admin side as well as play (wi only having the one team we have a Captain & vice Captain instead of selectors) ...we have upped our team to a strong 20 this year so hopefully we can make a decent go of things as opposed to our struggle last season !!!

Cheers

Am I right in thinking Burnsie, you are playing the scottish pairs this year? Seems like the northern have drawn the acre again in the tourniment at none other than my old stomping ground leith!

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Leith View Post
    Am I right in thinking Burnsie, you are playing the scottish pairs this year? Seems like the northern have drawn the acre again in the tourniment at none other than my old stomping ground leith!
    You're right. I am in the pairs.
    I'm on holiday at the mo and have no idea what the draw is.
    What date are we meant to be playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie07 View Post
    You're right. I am in the pairs.
    I'm on holiday at the mo and have no idea what the draw is.
    What date are we meant to be playing?
    I think its on the friday on the last week of may, not sure on the exact date however! There is still the small chance I'll play in the u25's but got the small matter of Colin Hutichison to get by first! Hope the holiday is going well too

Dalkeith 2 got off to a great start with a 6-2 victory, away to Penicuik 2!

The green was running really well for this time of the year.

Teams 1 & 3 were both beaten at home though.

Jewel lost 6-2 away to 11 men Buccleuch.(Dalkieth)....

Buccleuch is the Fir Park of bowling greens & the only green ive played on that has friggin speed bumps !!!...

We now have a home game on Thursday night v Eskmills & a chance to get our first points on the board ..

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Jewel lost 6-2 away to 11 men Buccleuch.(Dalkieth)....

Buccleuch is the Fir Park of bowling greens & the only green ive played on that has friggin speed bumps !!!...

We now have a home game on Thursday night v Eskmills & a chance to get our first points on the board ..
    Its the same for both teams ya Bam stop yer greetin.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Its the same for both teams ya Bam stop yer greetin.
    Eh..naw its no ya bam !!!! ....its their home green..they know how it runs, they should know every inch of their green as we do the Jewel ...by the time we figure out all the nooks & crannies its too late !!!

1st home game of the season tonight, and it's pishing down!

A heavy green won't suit us touch players!

1st home game of the season tonight, and it's pishing down!

A heavy green won't suit us touch players!
    We played last night v Eskmills (played Thurs because Eskmills are away on tour tonight)..

We had a much changed team after our defeat last week...we trounced them 8-0 & i played lead in our winning rink ...never ever again will i play lead though !!!! i hated it .........but hey ho ..a win on my "lead" debut wasnae bad...

We played last night v Eskmills (played Thurs because Eskmills are away on tour tonight)..

We had a much changed team after our defeat last week...we trounced them 8-0 & i played lead in our winning rink ...never ever again will i play lead though !!!! i hated it .........but hey ho ..a win on my "lead" debut wasnae bad...
    Well done.

We beat Gorebridge 2 on Friday 6-2, just hope we can keep up the good start to the season.

Well done.

We beat Gorebridge 2 on Friday 6-2, just hope we can keep up the good start to the season.
    Good start James ..2 outta 2

Notice you have another home game v Musselburgh 2 on Friday ..a good chance for you to rack up another couple o points ...

We are away to Easthouses..dont know much about them other than they came down from the first ...oh aye ..& they have bloody man eating midges !!! ....

Good start James ..2 outta 2

Notice you have another home game v Musselburgh 2 on Friday ..a good chance for you to rack up another couple o points ...

We are away to Easthouses..dont know much about them other than they came down from the first ...oh aye ..& they have bloody man eating midges !!! ....
    Cheers mate; selection meeting tonight, we might have to change one of the rinks for Friday as they've been well beaten twice.

Easthouses green should be flying, they've got a Hamilton Trophy game there soon, so it should be in good nick.

A hard fought 5-3 victory for us at home against Musselburgh 2 last night; overall shots were 41-41, but we had 2 rinks up to sneak the 2 points.

Blazer back on for a friendly against Nitshill today; hope my liver holds up!

A hard fought 5-3 victory for us at home against Musselburgh 2 last night; overall shots were 41-41, but we had 2 rinks up to sneak the 2 points.

Blazer back on for a friendly against Nitshill today; hope my liver holds up!
    Good stuff James 3 outa 3....excellent start mate ..

Not sure how the Jewel got on at Easthouses last night ...i was unavailable & my phone was silent so i fear the worst ...