hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Surely the thing this lot need most is a few people with proper loud voices to get the chants going?

I don't know any capital greens but I've seen them at Hibs games and it's a really good idea in theory, ER and our away support desperately needs a better atmosphere, especially if the east stand gets knocked down. Only problem seems to be that you're all quite young and the chants never seem to go too far, get yourselves some big laddies who can belt out Hail Hail and you're away.

Not suggesting some old boy, people you're own age obv.

P.S on a slightly different note, Sunday was the day that proved to me that knocking down the east won't ruin the atmosphere. I thought the atmosphere in there was very, very loud at times, yet anyone I've talked to at the game not in the east (jambo's or otherwise) said the Hibs support were rubbish. Such is the old banger-ness of the east, the only people who get the full atmosphere of the east stand are the ones sitting in it. Get it knocked down asap.
    Last edited by Rory89; 07-01-2010 at 01:37 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The new east stand is the key. There are a lot of people in the north and the west who like a sing song and will be more animated when they move back over.

Keep at it guys and when the club starts working out seating for the new stand get your point over as clearly and often as possible. If you want a "singing section"......... make it happen!

If you need any help from hibs.net just let us know.
    This is essential - there are people around the ground that want to sing and would do for most of the game if in the right area.

I know Newcastle have a section which seems to work and I think with the set up of the new east that the final few sections need to be advertised as supporters sections where people are pre warned what to expect

singing has a ripple effect I believe. therefore maybe a singing section situated in the middle of our support (as in the east nearest the FF) perhaps the knock on effect would go via the FF, into the west stand but also along the east as well

I could be talking b0ll0x right enough.

with the singers located at the far end of the east, does the singing not just get stuck there????

anyhoos, in a new east stand, a designated 'singers section' is a must to deal with this problem....and it is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    singing has a ripple effect I believe. therefore maybe a singing section situated in the middle of our support (as in the east nearest the FF) perhaps the knock on effect would go via the FF, into the west stand but also along the east as well

I could be talking b0ll0x right enough.

with the singers located at the far end of the east, does the singing not just get stuck there????

anyhoos, in a new east stand, a designated 'singers section' is a must to deal with this problem....and it is a problem.
    Problem with that is that it's fair to say there is always a natural gravitation towards the away end for such singing sections.