hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EdinburghDan

UFC 81 - Breaking Point

Brock Lesnar's debut for UFC is on tomorrow night in America.

When will it be shown here ?

Left by mutual consent! euan moran's Avatar
    It's on Bravo at 9 on Sunday I'm sure.

I'm not holding out much hope for Lesnar in MMA. He may well win this fight, but I'd be very surprised if he turned into much as a fighter. At Heavyweight, it's all about the Brazilians at the moment. I'd put Fabricio Werdum and Minotauro Nogueira in my top 5 heavyweights, with Gonzaga not much lower.

I'm praying that the talentless, boring wan*er that is Tim Sylvia gets his arse handed to him by Nogueira.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EdinburghDan
    Cheers Euan.

Lesnar's gonna go through a few people before he gets found out IMO

Quote Originally Posted by thekaratekid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers Euan.

Lesnar's gonna go through a few people before he gets found out IMO
    I think he may well do as well mate. But it won't be down to any great skill of his, it'll be down to Dana White milking him for all he's worth before tossing him to the side. IMO, he'll fight a good few bums and eventually step up to fight a top fighter like Nogueira or Cheick Kongo and will find that it's harder than it looks in the UFC.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euan moran View Post
    I think he may well do as well mate. But it won't be down to any great skill of his, it'll be down to Dana White milking him for all he's worth before tossing him to the side. IMO, he'll fight a good few bums and eventually step up to fight a top fighter like Nogueira or Cheick Kongo and will find that it's harder than it looks in the UFC.
    Cracking posts Euan.

Great stuff.

I look forward to seeing Lesnar

They all must have balls the size of grapefruits
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I agree. I think Lesnar will win this weekend as Mir isn't the same after his accident.

That will provide a big draw and a lot of publicity for UFC but I see Lesnar eventually fading out and probably going back to Wrestling.

All that aside I can't wait to see him in action tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by euan moran View Post
    I dont agree, I think with some decent training Lesner could become the real deal. He's going to have a size advantage over most in the division, and as long as he doesnt leave him self open to an arm bar , kimora etc he should do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by chorley_fm View Post
    I dont agree, I think with some decent training Lesner could become the real deal. He's going to have a size advantage over most in the division, and as long as he doesnt leave him self open to an arm bar , kimora etc he should do ok.
    I'll admit I don't know a great deal about the guy, but there's a big difference between pretend fighting (Yes I know he's got a decent amateur wrestling background) and being stuck on your arse by a BJJ black belt. Really good Jiu-Jitsu training takes years of training at a top gym and also experience in the octagon. I think he'll be targetted by most fighters for his lack of top BJJ training. As for the size advantage, that's only something that can be seen over time. He'll clearly be bigger than most, but whether he uses that advantage to the maximum will be what makes or breaks him.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens with this, and possibly a few more WWE wrestlers joining MMA.
    Last edited by euan moran; 02-02-2008 at 03:01 PM.