PDA

View Full Version : Sabathia CY Young yer havin a laugh

rossevenil
13-11-2007, 11:52 PM
I see the US has given CC Sabathia CY Young award for 2007.

How they can justify this for a player who couldnt handle the pressure against a 20 wins pitcher who beat him TWICE in post season is beyond belief!!How many wins did he have???

Josh Beckett must be looking at his ring and wondering what he would have to do to win the CY!!!

Go SOX!!!

GhostofBolivar
14-11-2007, 04:29 PM

How they can justify this for a player who couldnt handle the pressure against a 20 wins pitcher who beat him TWICE in post season is beyond belief!!How many wins did he have???

Josh Beckett must be looking at his ring and wondering what he would have to do to win the CY!!!

Go SOX!!!

It's based on regular season. The playoffs have no relevance. In fact, it was voted for before the postseason began.

Sabathia had one fewer win than Beckett, the same number of losses, more strikeouts, a lower ERA and pitched considerably more innings. Overall, he deserves it.

Wembley67
14-11-2007, 04:44 PM

Go SOX!!!

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, think I'll stick to the main forum :greengrin

NYHibby
14-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, voting is done before the playoffs start.

Falkirk Hibby
16-11-2007, 09:35 AM
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, think I'll stick to the main forum :greengrin

You must be a Yankees fan then! :devil:

And despite the postseason, I do think Sabathia deserved it. Those numbers with a weaker team behind him are impressive...Josh has his world series ring to look at. I'm sure he is happy enough.