PDA

View Full Version : Great Britain rugby league

LancashireHibby
03-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Leading 16-0 over New Zealand in the Second Test...could a first series win in 14 years finally be here? Going to the Third Test at Wigan next week, could be one hell of a party! :thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
03-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I totally forgot about it, good win in the end. New Zealand were on the wrong end of a 50 odd point whitewash against the Aussies 3 weeks ago, not having a good time of it are the Kiwis.

Still reckon the Aussies are miles ahead, some of the guys coming through in the NRL look awesome. Israel Falou is a try scoring machine!!!

The World Cup should be good next year, lets hope Scotland qualify tomorrow against Wales!!:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I totally forgot about it, good win in the end. New Zealand were on the wrong end of a 50 odd point whitewash against the Aussies 3 weeks ago, not having a good time of it are the Kiwis.

Still reckon the Aussies are miles ahead, some of the guys coming through in the NRL look awesome. Israel Falou is a try scoring machine!!!

The World Cup should be good next year, lets hope Scotland qualify tomorrow against Wales!!:thumbsup:
Ended up catching some of the highlights last night, seemed a very tense game although the majority of the players were of a standard similar to the bottom end of Super League/top end of NL1.

Was tempted to go to the USA game on Friday but a 5:30 kick off rules that one out, particularly as the US lost 70-0 against a Cumbrian rep side at the weekend!

Despite that, USA came mighty close against the Aussies a few years ago and Wales should have beaten Oz in that unforgettable World Cup semi in 2000 so maybe a shock or two is on the cards for WC08.

Just hope that GB complete the whitewash at the Pie Dome on Saturday, even if I may be too pished to find my seat!

CowBoy
06-11-2007, 03:01 AM
How many scottish players are in the GB team ?

LancashireHibby
06-11-2007, 10:38 AM
How many scottish players are in the GB team ?
There are a couple of players who qualify by parentage etc IIRC but there obviously isn't the player pool in Scotland at the moment to produce players of international quality, though hopefully that will change in the future.

Of course, I know what you're getting at in terms of being fully representative of all of the home nations but they can only pick the best the players available.

ATrialist
14-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Whats the story with the GB rugby league team?

I keep reading that the tests against NZ would be the last time they played them as GB. Are they getting split in to seperate home nations now?

I know Scotland, England and Ireland are putting separate teams into next years world cup (Wales didn't qualify), but IIRC they have always done this and reformed as GB for the non world cup years.

Just wondering what the script was?:dunno: