PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray - Paris Masters

'Mon the Hibs
31-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Just beat Niemenenmeen 7-6 6-3 :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
31-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Just beat Niemenenmeen 7-6 6-3 :thumbsup:

Great result that. Seems unlikely that he will get to the Shanghai masters unless he gets to semi or final. Next game is likely to be against Djokovic who is an excellent player but Murray on his day can beat anyone and he is in good form at the moment.

'Mon the Hibs
31-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Great result that. Seems unlikely that he will get to the Shanghai masters unless he gets to semi or final. Next game is likely to be against Djokovic who is an excellent player but Murray on his day can beat anyone and he is in good form at the moment.

Djokovic is a set and two breaks down to Santoro (ranked 39) :yikes!:

'Mon the Hibs
31-10-2007, 01:22 PM
And Santoro wins 6-3 6-2

An easier opponent for Murray in the 3rd round

HibbyAndy
31-10-2007, 06:26 PM
And Santoro wins 6-3 6-2

An easier opponent for Murray in the 3rd round

Excellent news:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

When's Andy's next game?

'Mon the Hibs
31-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Tomorrow but not sure what time.

Heres the main site....

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/2007_en/default.asp

'Mon the Hibs
31-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Murray is 2nd on Centre court.... so should be on about 12pm our time.

'Mon the Hibs
01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Murray is a set and two breaks up:thumbsup: against this french dude

6-4 3-0

'Mon the Hibs
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Wins it 6-4 6-2:thumbsup:

Will play Blake or Gasquet in the next round... hopefully Gasquet:agree:

Well done Murray:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
nice win for Murray, 6-4, 6-2.
Santoro is called the magician but it was murray that was pulling out all the clever shots. The boy is a class act.
Gasquet or Blake in the next round :thumbsup:

edit - I'm too slow

HibbyAndy
01-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Cheers chaps :agree: Gasquet would be the preffered choice no doubt:agree:

hibby19
01-11-2007, 04:54 PM
and Gasquet is no push over either

but well done to him for beating Santoro :thumbsup:

Wilson
01-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Cheers chaps :agree: Gasquet would be the preffered choice no doubt:agree:

Gasquet beat Blake 6-4 6-4.

JimBHibees
01-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Good for Murray that Blake has lost, Tommy Haas losing to Youznhy would be even better. Murray is due to meet Federer in semi so hopefully he can get that far.

'Mon the Hibs
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Murray to beat Gasquet
Youzney to beat Haas
Baghdatis to beat Robredo

and Murray's done it!!!
Robredo is the only real big contender.. if he reaches semis, Murray has to reach final... Or if he reaches the final, Murray has to beat him....

Easy:greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Some match on just now, Nalbandian 6-4 5-4 up on Federer and serving for the match.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Federer is out, Nalbandian won 6-4 7-6.

Another good result for Murray as he could have played Federer in the 1/2 finals.

'Mon the Hibs
01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Thats Haas out!

Youzhny won 6-4 1-6 6-3 :thumbsup:

Murray to win tomorrow and Robredo to lose :thumbsup:.... Murray aint on untill 8pm.

JimBHibees
02-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Murray - Gasquet has the potential to be a classic match. Gasquet similar to Murray in being young and very talented. The one game they have played Gasquet won it.

hibeg
02-11-2007, 12:56 PM
He has now passed Haas and Berdych into 10th place in the rankings provisionally ( although that will change to 11th if Gasquet beats him today) and will move to an all time high of 7th if he wins the event, taking the place of Blake. After missing so much of the season I reckon that is an incredible achievement.
What a launch pad for next season to break into the top 5 in the world.

HibbyAndy
02-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Thats Haas out!

Youzhny won 6-4 1-6 6-3 :thumbsup:

Murray to win tomorrow and Robredo to lose :thumbsup:.... Murray aint on untill 8pm.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great news.

And Federer out is brilliant too as they where due to meet each other in the semi's.:cool:

'Mon the Hibs
02-11-2007, 02:48 PM
He has now passed Haas and Berdych into 10th place in the rankings provisionally ( although that will change to 11th if Gasquet beats him today) and will move to an all time high of 7th if he wins the event, taking the place of Blake. After missing so much of the season I reckon that is an incredible achievement.
What a launch pad for next season to break into the top 5 in the world.

Is that right? I thought he was too many points behind Blake and Robredo, but only just. Murray will get 500 points if he wins. But Robredo will have got a few and Blake still got 125 for reaching the QF's. Good if he does:thumbsup:

But his race to shanghai will be a liitle easier now that Robredo just got beat by Baghdatis 6-4 6-4

If Murray wins tonight, then he will be the leader:thumbsup: And will qualify if he, Nadal or Ferrer wins the tournament OR he reaches the final OR he reaches the semi's and Baghdatis fails to reach the final and Nadal beats Youzhny. I think thats right anyway.

So Nadal to win next please:greengrin

JimBHibees
02-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Is that right? I thought he was too many points behind Blake and Robredo, but only just. Murray will get 500 points if he wins. But Robredo will have got a few and Blake still got 125 for reaching the QF's. Good if he does:thumbsup:

But his race to shanghai will be a liitle easier now that Robredo just got beat by Baghdatis 6-4 6-4

If Murray wins tonight, then he will be the leader:thumbsup: And will qualify if he, Nadal or Ferrer wins the tournament OR he reaches the final OR he reaches the semi's and Baghdatis fails to reach the final and Nadal beats Youzhny. I think thats right anyway.

Blake didnt make the quarters so Murray is over him. With Robredo getting beat if Murray wins tonight he is in with a great shout of making it. Though he may also likely have to beat Nalbandian who may sneak in if he were to win the tournament I think. Looking good but hopefully he can win tonight as all other permutations are off if he doesnt.

'Mon the Hibs
02-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Blake didnt make the quarters so Murray is over him. With Robredo getting beat if Murray wins tonight he is in with a great shout of making it. Though he may also likely have to beat Nalbandian who may sneak in if he were to win the tournament I think. Looking good but hopefully he can win tonight as all other permutations are off if he doesnt.

Theres a difference between the ATP race and the ATP rankings. Different amounts of points are allocated. Murray will move into 8th in the ATP race if he wins tonight. But Gasquet will take 8th if he wins. The top 8 players in the ATP race qualify for Shanghai.

If Nalbandian wins the tournament he will have 355 points in the ATP race. Robredo, provisionally in 8th (after todays result) has 353 points, so Nalbandian would overtake him. However, if Murray or Gasquet win tonight, then Nalbandian cant make 8th.

heres the info here....

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2007news/race_bubble2.asp

Basically Murray has to win tonight, Nadal has to win today, and Baghdatis cant win the tounament. Anything better is a bonus :agree::thumbsup:

JimBHibees
02-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Theres a difference between the ATP race and the ATP rankings. Different amounts of points are allocated. Murray will move into 8th in the ATP race if he wins tonight. But Gasquet will take 8th if he wins. The top 8 players in the ATP race qualify for Shanghai.

If Nalbandian wins the tournament he will have 355 points in the ATP race. Robredo, provisionally in 8th (after todays result) has 353 points, so Nalbandian would overtake him. However, if Murray or Gasquet win tonight, then Nalbandian cant make 8th.

heres the info here....

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2007news/race_bubble2.asp

Basically Murray has to win tonight, Nadal has to win today, and Baghdatis cant win the tounament. Anything better is a bonus :agree::thumbsup:

Thanks for that. :greengrin

hibeg
02-11-2007, 03:16 PM

In the rankings Blake got to the same round as last year (R16) so his points total of 2110 stays the same. Last year Murray got to R16 ( 75 points). if he wins the tourney then his net gain would be 425 points after last years points
are deducted
His current total is 1705 plus 425 = 2130 points therefore leapfrogging Blake
I think that is how it is worked out:greengrin

'Mon the Hibs
02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
In the rankings Blake got to the same round as last year (R16) so his points total of 2110 stays the same. Last year Murray got to R16 ( 75 points). if he wins the tourney then his net gain would be 425 points after last years points
are deducted
His current total is 1705 plus 425 = 2130 points therefore leapfrogging Blake
I think that is how it is worked out:greengrin

Ach maybe, wasnt sure about defending points and stuff.... I just thought he'd get another 75 points. And Robredo will have some as well will he not??

Just wait till monday and let the brainiacs at tennis central work it out.:greengrin

hibeg
02-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Ach maybe, wasnt sure about defending points and stuff.... I just thought he'd get another 75 points. And Robredo will have some as well will he not??

Just wait till monday and let the brainiacs at tennis central work it out.:greengrin

Robredo will lose 100 pts cause he reached the semi last year so next week he will be on 1865 points. Andy will pass him if he reaches the final
:thumbsup:

Ivan Drago
02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Andy is losing :brickwall:boo hoo:

'Mon the Hibs
02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
****!

3-6 6-0 4-6

:brickwall

Nando™
02-11-2007, 11:41 PM
****!