PDA

View Full Version : FAO UFC Fans

Hibbie_Cameron
22-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Noticed that UFC have signed up ex wwe champ Brock Lesner.

Should be a good addition but will no doubt get fed up with it after a few months

sleeping giant
22-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Noticed that UFC have signed up ex wwe champ Brock Lesner.

Should be a good addition but will no doubt get fed up with it after a few months
I cant wait to see what he can do. I always thought he looked like a head case so i'm looking forward to it :greengrin

Hibbie_Cameron
22-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Think he could be excellent for the UFC but it depends on his committment. He chops and changes his mind all the time and imo does not really know what career he really wants

euan moran
23-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Even though the UFC77 was in the main, a bit *****e, I was too busy jizzing over Anderson Silva to notice about Lesnar. Silva is the best, most dominant fighter in the UFC at the moment by a good way. I don't think anybody at that weight would stand a chance against him. His striking is better than 99.9999999% of stand-up fighters, and his BJJ is better than 99.9999999% of Jiu-Jitsu black belts.

Seriously though, I haven't watched wrestling since I was about 8, so I don't know much about Lesnar, but he looks like a beast of a man. Whether that translates well to MMA is yet to be seen, but he could be interesting.

As another aside, I'd love to see Tim Sylvia get his face pounded by Cheick Kongo. Sylvia is useless.

chorley_fm
23-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Even though the UFC77 was in the main, a bit *****e, I was too busy jizzing over Anderson Silva to notice about Lesnar. Silva is the best, most dominant fighter in the UFC at the moment by a good way. I don't think anybody at that weight would stand a chance against him. His striking is better than 99.9999999% of stand-up fighters, and his BJJ is better than 99.9999999% of Jiu-Jitsu black belts.

Seriously though, I haven't watched wrestling since I was about 8, so I don't know much about Lesnar, but he looks like a beast of a man. Whether that translates well to MMA is yet to be seen, but he could be interesting.

As another aside, I'd love to see Tim Sylvia get his face pounded by Cheick Kongo. Sylvia is useless.

Got to agree with some of that.

I've never seen a fighter so scared as Franklin was once Silva finished toying with him. he took an absolute pasting and unless Dan Henderson drops down from LHW nobody to going to touch Silva for a long time.

I thought the rest of the card was pretty good, that was a real nasty cut on Kalib starnes, real nasty.

Jorge Gorgal (sp) also took a pasting so all in all it was not a good card for the Cincinatti fighters, Although I hold my hat for his bravery, coming back out after taking a pasting himself to corner for Franklin in the main event.

I thought the Ref did not help the Big Tim / Brandon Vera fight, he should have pushed the pace more, because when they did get a chance to swing it was a pretty decent fight, just a shame they spent most of the time up against the cage.

Brock WILL become a big UFC star, my only fear for him is he has only had 1 pro fight and that only lasted less than a minute. The UFC could make some big money from Lesner IF they are sensible and not pitch him in with one of the big guys too early. Having seen the guy in the flesh 3 times at WWE the guy is a legitimate monster and with the right training and coaching could be a star for years to come.

All in all I thought the card was decent and would give it 8/10 (purely on the basis of Silvas absolute dominance)