PDA

View Full Version : Habana

Hibernian Verse
18-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Surely the English will get ripped apart by this boy?

duncs
18-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Here's hoping!

AndyP
19-10-2007, 07:00 AM

Why, the Saffers have to get the ball to him first and that will be a hard job if the English pack have it stuffed up the No8s jumper.

For Habana 2003 read Lomu 1995, but at least Lomu had a defensive attribute to his game :cool:

euan moran
19-10-2007, 02:44 PM
If they manage to get it out to him and he can run, he'll tear them apart, it's as simple as that. I don't think they'll manage to get the ball out to him much though, and they'll be reduced to kicking towards the corner for him to chase it down.

Danderhall Hibs
19-10-2007, 02:49 PM
From memory he didn't rip them apart in the Group game where SA tanned their arse. This game will be a lot closer and I really can't see him getting much of the ball.

AndyP
19-10-2007, 04:34 PM
If they manage to get it out to him and he can run, he'll tear them apart, it's as simple as that. I don't think they'll manage to get the ball out to him much though, and they'll be reduced to kicking towards the corner for him to chase it down.

It's not as simple as that though, it depends on the defensive line England take, Habana against Tait, Habana goes down, Habana against Cory, if he gets caught, Habanas 6 foot under, Habana against Catt his pace will take him past him, but then on Catts inside you have Cueto/Tait on his outside you have Wilkinson and the back row both avenues are difficult to break down

iwasthere1972
20-10-2007, 08:14 AM

Sincerely hope so otherwise all important world news will be binned for the next month while the English media bombard us with clips of Jonny Wilkinson and co sipping champers on an open bus etc.

Nelson Mandella to be smiling tonight I hope.

England :bye:

AndyP
20-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Sincerely hope so otherwise all important world news will be binned for the next month while the English media bombard us with clips of Jonny Wilkinson and co sipping champers on an open bus etc.

Nelson Mandella to be smiling tonight I hope.

England :bye:

Fancy England for the win tonight, this is not the team that lost in the earlier rounds (the 9/10 is an established pairing as is the 10/12, when Flood takes over from Catt it's then the club partnership where Flood takes some of the 10 ball as a right footed fly half) and the Saffers are just ever so slightly under cooked in this tournament.

England by 5 in extra time:thumbsup:

Pheona
20-10-2007, 03:37 PM

a girl can dream:greengrin

NaeTechnoHibby
20-10-2007, 03:40 PM
a girl can dream:greengrin

He's pretty cool :agree:

Racing cheetahs :thumbsup:

And doing it to protect them :thumbsup: