PDA

View Full Version : Any Ice Hockey Fans on Here?

m3llow1
15-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Although fitba is the beautiful game, you cannae beat ice hockey for excitement...fun for all the family, where the violence is usually contained amongst the players!:thumbsup:

Pheona
15-10-2007, 03:23 PM
:doh:
Although fitba is the beautiful game, you cannae beat ice hockey for excitement...fun for all the family, where the violence is usually contained amongst the players!:thumbsup:

There's a few of us. :agree:

Were you at Murrayfield last night?

EDIT: Mebbe not, I have just noticed where you are.

Falkirk Hibby
15-10-2007, 03:35 PM
I was a glory hunter I must admit, having gone in the good old Racers days. Still enjoy the NHL on telly when I get a chance though. It's one of the few sports that it is better to be at the game in order to see things better.

m3llow1
15-10-2007, 04:01 PM
:doh:

There's a few of us. :agree:

Were you at Murrayfield last night?

EDIT: Mebbe not, I have just noticed where you are.

My Dad was, he still keeps me up to date on all the goings on. Whenever i'm back home i try and get to a game. Played for the Raccoons and the Ravens as a kid and even represented Scotland at U14 level, was chosen as one of the top 40 players in Britain to attend GB training at U16 level the same season.
I go to some of the Telford games, but to be honest, it's not on the same level.

Pheona
15-10-2007, 04:28 PM
My Dad was, he still keeps me up to date on all the goings on. Whenever i'm back home i try and get to a game. Played for the Raccoons and the Ravens as a kid and even represented Scotland at U14 level, was chosen as one of the top 40 players in Britain to attend GB training at U16 level the same season.
I go to some of the Telford games, but to be honest, it's not on the same level.

I think they are definately a better team this year but a run of bad results still has them propping up the league again. Hopefully it will all come good, the signs are there. :agree:

Scooter
16-10-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah i watch it when i can, i was capped for scotland at Junior Level roller hockey (basicaly the same but on roller blades instead of Ice skates)

Hibbie_Cameron
16-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Watch it when i can. When i was at school i used to sit up all night and ended up sleeping in for registration:greengrin

DaveF
16-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Could they use a flashing or bright yellow puck as I can't see a damn thing when watching it on the telly :greengrin

Pheona
16-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Could they use a flashing or bright yellow puck as I can't see a damn thing when watching it on the telly :greengrin

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3624/glassesdh4.jpg

:greengrin

hibsboy90
16-10-2007, 11:57 PM
I've been to 4 NHL games on my travels.

Was at Tampa v Florida the other night was brilliant!:thumbsup:

NYHibby
18-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Back home I was able to go to games all the time, probably at least 15 a year, as my uni has a team and my hometown has a AHL team.

m3llow1
19-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I think they are definately a better team this year but a run of bad results still has them propping up the league again. Hopefully it will all come good, the signs are there. :agree:

We (me an ma dad) reckon there's a bit of friction in the team regarding wages, they seem to of lost the gel that was forming with the new imports. Either because the canadiens are getting more than's been declared, afterall the slovacs last season would of played for less than most imports. Either that or there's been talk with players from other teams in the elite with regards to salaries which has upset most!
As you said, they are a better team this year, from what i hear more exciting. No disrespect to the team last season, i caught a couple of games and it was some classy hockey, but not the kind that wins games, let alone keep a captive audience. Let's hope things pick up, afterall they're not only repping the capital, but also the country!!!
Caught the Manc v Belfast game on Channel M (All the pheonix games get shown on there, Sunday and Tuesday night) and they don't look to good this season, Considering the money that's behind them!

m3llow1
19-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Back home I was able to go to games all the time, probably at least 15 a year, as my uni has a team and my hometown has a AHL team.

Where is back home? Did you ever play hockey on a pond? My dream when i was younger was to live in Canada, near a pond so i could play hockey whenever i wanted!
I found out during the summer that my parents had planned to emigrate to Canada when i was 3 but one of my dad's aunties talked them out of it!
The Union canal in Craiglockhart just wouldn't of been the same, had i ever picked up the courage to step on the ice! :greengrin

m3llow1
19-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I was a glory hunter I must admit, having gone in the good old Racers days. Still enjoy the NHL on telly when I get a chance though. It's one of the few sports that it is better to be at the game in order to see things better.

Agree, being at the game is a whole lot better, as with all sports, only with hockey there's no technology around that is able to follow the puck so it's definately a better experience:panic:

NYHibby
21-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Where is back home? Did you ever play hockey on a pond? My dream when i was younger was to live in Canada, near a pond so i could play hockey whenever i wanted!
I

Back home is the Hershey area. I've never played hockey on a pond, but I have skated on them before.

As for seeing the puck on TV, you guys don't remember when Fox tried their FoxTrax system in the 90s with the glowing puck?

Hibs FC No 1
21-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Ice hockey's an enjoyable game to watch, I've been to a game in New York before, was great.

Pheona
21-10-2007, 10:15 PM
We (me an ma dad) reckon there's a bit of friction in the team regarding wages, they seem to of lost the gel that was forming with the new imports. Either because the canadiens are getting more than's been declared, afterall the slovacs last season would of played for less than most imports. Either that or there's been talk with players from other teams in the elite with regards to salaries which has upset most!
As you said, they are a better team this year, from what i hear more exciting. No disrespect to the team last season, i caught a couple of games and it was some classy hockey, but not the kind that wins games, let alone keep a captive audience. Let's hope things pick up, afterall they're not only repping the capital, but also the country!!!
Caught the Manc v Belfast game on Channel M (All the pheonix games get shown on there, Sunday and Tuesday night) and they don't look to good this season, Considering the money that's behind them!

You may have a point, but that has always been a problem at Edinburgh, it is why we pretty much have a new team each season.

I have watched a couple of the games on that Channel (it is so bad!) one being the Pheonix game against the Capitals. It doesn't seem to be going all their own way, they got turned over by Hull last night,having said that they returned the favour tonight.

Watching NHL as we speak, it is a whole different game.

Anyway I got a new Capitals legacy shirt for my birthday so I am happy :greengrin

Pheona
21-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I found out during the summer that my parents had planned to emigrate to Canada when i was 3 but one of my dad's aunties talked them out of it!
The Union canal in Craiglockhart just wouldn't of been the same, had i ever picked up the courage to step on the ice! :greengrin

I dunno, you could use an embbed shopping trolley as a goal :greengrin