PDA

View Full Version : Allez les Bleus!

Sir David Gray
13-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Don't mind shouting on the French tonight, just hope their football team isn't too successful!

'Mon the French! :thumbsup:

:sauzee:

cabbageandribs1875
13-10-2007, 07:02 PM
C'MON LE FRANCAIS :sauzee: PERISH THE THOUGHT O EEENGERLUNDY WINNING THIS :boo hoo:

TRY FOR ENGLAND 1ST MINUTE OH DEAR :brickwall:brickwall:bitchy::greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
13-10-2007, 07:18 PM
6-5 france :cool2:

Sir David Gray
13-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I did try to watch it but it's just so boring to watch, maybe i'm watching the wrong match in order to try and change the way in which I perceive rugby but I just cannot get into the sport at all. :zzzzz!:

cabbageandribs1875
13-10-2007, 07:58 PM
9-5 france:cool2:

9-8 :duck:

Hank Schrader
13-10-2007, 08:29 PM
This is too damn close for my liking.:bitchy:

--------
13-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Jings this is a boring game. Do people pay to watch this crap? :cool2:

cabbageandribs1875
13-10-2007, 08:35 PM
11-9 THEM :brickwall:boo hoo:france running out of time :agree:

--------
13-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Merde!

Greentinted
13-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Up until a minute ago I was enjoying it. Quite a rivetting game. Hopefully still time yet for the blue team!

Hank Schrader
13-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Merde!

Big sacks of it:agree::bitchy:

Sir David Gray
13-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Fur faaaks sake. :brickwall

Mon the South Africans.

Greentinted
13-10-2007, 08:41 PM
MucPhee!!!!:brickwall:boo hoo::brickwall:boo hoo:

Richard Scott
13-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Get in! :thumbsup:

:duck:

cabbageandribs1875
13-10-2007, 08:43 PM
totaly sickening :sick: i hate the french :brickwall:boo hoo::bitchy::wink:

Sir David Gray
13-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Get in! :thumbsup:

:duck:

Hope you have thick skin! :wink:

Richard Scott
13-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Hope you have thick skin! :wink:

Thick Enough :wink:

I'll get ma coat eh?

Pheona
13-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Fur faaaks sake. :brickwall

Mon the South Africans.

:agree:

AndyP
13-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Jings this is a boring game. Do people pay to watch this crap? :cool2:

As a fully paid up member of the front row union I thought it was an enthralling game, which was dominated by the power of Englands tight 5 and some resolute defending by their back line.

A well deserved victory over the 80 mins IMO :wink:

Sir David Gray
13-10-2007, 09:31 PM
As a fully paid up member of the front row union I thought it was an enthralling game, which was dominated by the power of Englands tight 5 and some resolute defending by their back line.

A well deserved victory over the 80 mins IMO :wink:

I don't know very much about rugby but I know enough to realise that the English rugby team are the ultimate one man team.

Without Jonny Wilkinson, England would be Donald Ducked.

As for the game being enthralling, i've never been so bored for ages and I only watched it for about 10 minutes!

Sas_The_Hibby
13-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't know very much about rugby but I know enough to realise that the English rugby team are the ultimate one man team.

As for the game being enthralling, i've never been so bored for ages and I only watched it for about 10 minutes!

You're quite right - you don't know very much about rugby and you only watched one eighth of the game so why comment?

AndyP
13-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Not knowing very much about rugby I would fully expect you to find it boring(don't take that the wrong way), which is why I qualified my remarks with being from the view of a forward (we hate seeing the backs get the ball only to kick it away or drop the damn thing). It was certainly a game that only those that revel in the more defensive or forward driven aspects can enjoy, definitely not one for the neutrals.

England aren't a one man team, that performance was probably the epitome of a 22 man game where every single player contributed to the victory from the kick and chase in the first minute which gave Moody his try to the last ditch two up tackle on Chabal in which 2 supposed lightweight backs drove him 5 or 10 meters into touch.

Had England not had Wilkinson then they had a more than able deputy, and actually a better tactical kicker and more accurate goal kicker in Toby Flood.

--------
13-10-2007, 11:49 PM

FH, I watched most of the game. I agree with you. I USED to enjoy watching Rugby Union - long ago. Not now. Not that.

80 minutes watching 30-odd steroid-pumped neanderthals sticking their heads up one another's backsides, and every time somebody actually had the ball he just booted it up the park for someone else to boot it straight back at him....

And people travelled to Paris and paid loadsa money to watch it?

And the commentary team was appalling.

Hibbie_Cameron
14-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Wilkinson will probably be knighted if they win the final:brickwall

Sir David Gray
14-10-2007, 01:39 PM
You're quite right - you don't know very much about rugby and you only watched one eighth of the game so why comment?

Because I've seen England play quite a few times and Wilkinson seems to be about the only person who actually puts a serious amount of points on the board unless they're playing diddy teams like Japan and Portugal etc.

Just my opinion, which i believe i'm entitled to and of course, you are entitled to disagree with me which you have done.

AndyP
14-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Because I've seen England play quite a few times and Wilkinson seems to be about the only person who actually puts a serious amount of points on the board unless they're playing diddy teams like Japan and Portugal etc.

Just my opinion, which i believe i'm entitled to and of course, you are entitled to disagree with me which you have done.

He's the stand off, that's his job had he not been there to kick the penalties then Toby Flood would have, it's a bit like saying that Scotland are a one man team because Paterson is the only person who seems to put serious points on the board. What you are either forgetting or don't understand is the amount of work that the forwards and fringe defence carry out to force the opposition to concede penalties within a kicking range.

Gatecrasher
14-10-2007, 02:02 PM
i dont recall so much kicking in this world cup

not just england, there seems to be a lot of teams kicking the ball up and down the park

i remember gugby havig a lot of drive and running at the opposition :confused:

Pheona
15-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Wilkinson will probably be knighted if they win the final:brickwall

Don't worry they won't..... :greengrin

:worried: