PDA

View Full Version : FIA to prevent McLaren favouring Hamilton

givescotlandfreedom
11-10-2007, 02:19 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7038494.stm

They weren't so concerned when Ferrari humiliated the sport in the Schumi era :bitchy:

Underdose
11-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeh the season which promised so much has ended up being somethign of a farce becasue ferrari stamped their feet to get their own way.
I dont think the controversy is over yet either. Going to be an interesting last race of the season.

euan moran
11-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeh the season which promised so much has ended up being somethign of a farce becasue ferrari stamped their feet to get their own way.
I dont think the controversy is over yet either. Going to be an interesting last race of the season.

Don't you mean 'because Mclaren cheated' ?

givescotlandfreedom
11-10-2007, 03:47 PM

In the same way Ferrari did in Japan and ignored a steward's direct order where nothing was done?

Jack
11-10-2007, 03:53 PM

Yes the Mclaren employee cheated in receiving the information from Ferrari just as much as the Ferrari employee did in giving the information to Mclaren :confused:

Gatecrasher
11-10-2007, 06:22 PM
this always happens:brickwall

can we no just go 1 season without some sort of farce going on :brickwall

HibbyScott
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes the Mclaren employee cheated in receiving the information from Ferrari just as much as the Ferrari employee did in giving the information to Mclaren :confused:

I agree entirely with this, the only person within McLaren I'd say has cheated is Mike Coughlan (although I would question the actions of de la Rosa and Alonso in knowing we had this information and agreeing to use it) so any suggestion of McLaren as a team cheating IMO is very harsh.

I also think that Ferrari should have been punished for Stepney's part in the scenario, because he is just as in the wrong as Coughlan, but I won't go into reasons why I think Ferrari got away with it :greengrin

If (hopefully when) Lewis wins the Drivers Championship, it will be a great day for the team as well as obviously a great day for Lewis :thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDIT : To agree with the opening post, it is a bit strange that after years of Ferrari engineering their team around Schumacher the FIA did nothing about it. It is well known that Ferrari take a decision on which driver to push for the world championship (Martin Brundle spent the opening half of the season when Kimi wasn't picking up wins talking about how he'd need to get going or Ferrari would put their efforts behind Massa) but yet the FIA never stepped in to ensure equality...Alonso's toys have been out the pram too often for my liking this season

Dibben
12-10-2007, 09:14 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7038494.stm

They weren't so concerned when Ferrari humiliated the sport in the Schumi era :bitchy:

:agree:

Exactly what I thought when I heard this!!!

:bitchy:

BH.