PDA

View Full Version : scotland v italy

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2007, 06:49 PM
1. beat italy tonight

2. beat argentina/france/oirland in the QF

3. beat south africa in the SF

4. beat the all-blacks in the final

4 easy steps....plain and simple.....gies the cup(i've worked it all oot) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2007, 07:45 PM
12-10 scotland HT :greengrin crap game tho

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2007, 08:40 PM
FT 18-16 scotland :greengrin shocker of a game tho :agree:

Peevemor
29-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Well done Scotland! :thumbsup:

Personally I'd love a shot at the frogs in the quarter final.

Monts
29-09-2007, 08:47 PM
The results all that matters....

But the game was almost as bad as Doddie Weirs trousers :greengrin

Peevemor
29-09-2007, 08:48 PM
And before anyone has a go at me, I have nothing against the French.

Madame Peeve is a frog and my daughter is a semi-amphibian! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2007, 08:53 PM
doddie weir's breeks :bitchy::greengrin

Pheona
29-09-2007, 10:22 PM
The results all that matters....

But the game was almost as bad as Doddie Weirs trousers :greengrin

Nah! nothing was as bad as them! :bitchy:

Hibs FC No 1
30-09-2007, 12:57 PM
1. beat italy tonight

4 easy steps....plain and simple.....gies the cup(i've worked it all oot) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:monkey::clown:

--------
30-09-2007, 01:47 PM
1. beat italy tonight

WHAT are you on? They were RANCID. Hanging on for dear life to ONE man's ability to kick goals. PATHETIC. :bitchy:

cabbageandribs1875
30-09-2007, 02:26 PM
WHAT are you on? They were RANCID. Hanging on for dear life to ONE man's ability to kick goals. PATHETIC. :bitchy:....

it's called light-hearted humour:agree: infact i can see us winning it now :cool2:

MON THE SCOTS WC WINNERS 2007 :thumbsup:

Hibs FC No 1
30-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Argentina will give them a damn good hiding in the quarters.

euan moran
30-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Argentina will give them a damn good hiding in the quarters.

Argentina looked awesome today. I expect them to go pretty far, and possibly pull off a big shock on the way.

--------
30-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Argentina looked awesome today. I expect them to go pretty far, and possibly pull off a big shock on the way.

I assume you wouldn't consider that Argentina beating the Anglo-Scottish Antipodean Stumblebums in the quarters would constitute a 'big shock'?

It'll be a major shock if the Stumblebums hold Argentina to a ten-point margin, IMO.

Peevemor
01-10-2007, 06:07 AM
I assume you wouldn't consider that Argentina beating the Anglo-Scottish Antipodean Stumblebums in the quarters would constitute a 'big shock'?

It'll be a major shock if the Stumblebums hold Argentina to a ten-point margin, IMO.

I don't think that's what he means.

Monts
01-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Argentina are ranked 5th ini the world if iirc.

Beating anyone wouldnt be that big a shock.

bingo70
01-10-2007, 09:46 AM
WHAT are you on? They were RANCID. Hanging on for dear life to ONE man's ability to kick goals. PATHETIC. :bitchy:

think your being a bit harsh there, whos to say if the italians didnt comitt fouls whenever we got close to the their line we wouldnt have offered more of a try scoring threat?

having one of the worlds best goal kickers is nothing to be embarrased about and if we didnt use him at every opportunity we'd be out of the tournament.

considering the sides that have been put out i think its a pretty good achievement getting to the quarter finals, and although argentina will be strong favourites i think we've got a better chance against them than we would have if we were playing the french :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2007, 10:51 AM
think your being a bit harsh there, whos to say if the italians didnt comitt fouls whenever we got close to the their line we wouldnt have offered more of a try scoring threat?

having one of the worlds best goal kickers is nothing to be embarrased about and if we didnt use him at every opportunity we'd be out of the tournament.

:agree:.....

exactly :agree: and therein lies the reason why we "pathetically" had to rely on one mans excellent kicking ability :thumbsup: one of the lamonts was taken out at the italian try + unfortunately the referee missed the trip on dan parks by bergamasco(i think it was) not nice to see the italian rugby team employing the dirty-tricks their footballing counterparts have employed throughout the years :agree: they got away with some, but were fully punished by paterson for the ones that they did get caught at :thumbsup:

P.S. we dont have a very guid record against the argies over the years http://www.rugbydata.com/scotland/argentina :boo hoo: but who knows :wink:

Luna Landing
01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
If there had been a half decent ref on Saturday Scotland would have won much more comfortably . Any way who cares we won and it doesnt matter how.

Argetina will be a tough game for us but its definitely winnable . Scotland will control the ball at the breakdowns much better than anyone who has played the Pumas so far . Then its down to Chris Patterson again - we dont need to score 4 tries unlike the Irish. Roll on the semis.

Monts
01-10-2007, 03:37 PM
If there had been a half decent ref on Saturday Scotland would have won much more comfortably . Any way who cares we won and it doesnt matter how.

Argetina will be a tough game for us but its definitely winnable . Scotland will control the ball at the breakdowns much better than anyone who has played the Pumas so far . Then its down to Chris Patterson again - we dont need to score 4 tries unlike the Irish. Roll on the semis.

Is there a posiblity of meeting England in the next round? I would fancy our chances against them if we beat Argentina :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Is there a posiblity of meeting England in the next round? I would fancy our chances against them if we beat Argentina :agree:....

afraid not, england would have to beat australia(wont happen) then beat the all-blacks/france in the SF (wont happen....due to the former not having a hope in hell of happening....to enable the latter happening) :bye::greengrin

P.S. in vlads world it would be possible for a scotland v england final yes :agree:

--------
01-10-2007, 07:43 PM

"My country right or wrong"?

:yawn:

euan moran
02-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't think that's what he means.

Bingo.:agree: They could well get to the final IMO. They've got more than a fair chance of beating South Africa.

I'd love to share your optimism, I really would, but we'll get taken to pieces by the Argentinians. The Argentinian pack is much stronger and forces a hell of a lot of turnovers at the breakdown which will cripple us. They can destroy our backs as well. They kicked a lot down the throat of the full back against Ireland, and both Lamont and Southwell's performances at full back, particularly under the high ball leave a lot to be desired.

I'll be absolutely amazed, considering we're weaker in every facet of the game (except possibly goalkicking) if we even come close to them.

hibeerobbo
04-10-2007, 09:12 AM
we've not beat argentina for 17 years so it looks like we're up against it!!!

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2007, 11:09 AM
we've not beat argentina for 17 years so it looks like we're up against it!!!...

not a very good record at all http://www.rugbydata.com/scotland/argentina only played them 6 times, and after winning the first encounter we have lost the next 5, pretty close in the defeats tho :greengrin

--------
05-10-2007, 10:41 PM

not a very good record at all http://www.rugbydata.com/scotland/argentina only played them 6 times, and after winning the first encounter we have lost the next 5, pretty close in the defeats tho :greengrin

Pretty shambolic, really. Still, it's supposed to be better going in as the underdogs? :cool2: