PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v New Zealand

Houchy
22-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Anyone else think that £2 on Scotland @ 50/1 may not be as mental as it sounds?

I'm sure it is a short 2 letter answer that springs to mind however...

...It looks increasingly likely that Argentina are going to top Frances group meaning that they will play the team that comes 2nd in our group with probably France playing the winners of our group. On paper, Argentina is obviously the easier game. So... is it possible that this may play a part in how the All Blacks set up their stall??? Probably not as they probably won't give a flying one who they play in any round BUT... it might be worth £2, no?

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2007, 07:29 PM
[quote=Houchy;1309805]Anyone else think that £2 on Scotland @ 50/1 may not be as mental as it sounds?

I'm sure it is a short 2 letter answer that springs to mind however...

i'l give yi a 3-letter word NAW:greengrin

the all-blacks run against us shall increase to 26 un-beaten games http://www.scrum.com/39_47753.php :agree:

P.S. and they are playing more or less a full-strength line-up tomorrow :boo hoo:

Toaods
22-09-2007, 08:26 PM
not sure about the win but a 40 pt start on the handicap isnae too off-putting....:thumbsup:

Houchy
23-09-2007, 03:43 PM
What the hell is going on here. Why are they both playing in almost identical strips?

It's impossible to tell who's who FFS. You just see someone breaking every now and again but you have no idea who its for.

Why are New Zealand playing in their away kit anyway? Their black one would have been more distinguishable (sp)

Bloody ridiculous.

H18sry
23-09-2007, 04:48 PM
not sure about the win but a 40 pt start on the handicap isnae too off-putting....:thumbsup:

not if you take the draw on the handicap list @ 16-1:greengrin

EasterGreen
23-09-2007, 11:01 PM
You're right the strips are so confusing. At the beginning of the second half NZ burst up the field and for a second I found myself screaming come on Scotland at the telly until I realised it wasnt us!!

--------
23-09-2007, 11:05 PM
You're right the strips are so confusing. At the beginning of the second half NZ burst up the field and for a second I found myself screaming come on Scotland at the telly until I realised it wasnt us!!

Silly boy - if they had the ball and were attacking with any sense of competence they couldn't possibly be the Anglo-Scottish Antipodean XV. :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
24-09-2007, 12:09 PM

An absolute bloody disgrace. In a sport where it is confusing enough to work out what's happening in rucks and mauls, it beggars belief that they had similair coloured socks and shorts.

How was the referee meant to work out who was doing what?

You'd think they'd have sorted this out by now. I remember a game in the 90s where England won, because the ref had confused the blue cuffs on their shirts for a Scotland shirt. He gave England the penalty, when in fact they were the ones who committed the offence.

It shows that the wee men who run this sport are still pretty clueless as far as I can see. The ref should have insisted that one of the teams wear a different strip. Football teams can organise themselves to ensure there is no clash, so why can't the egg chasers.

After all, it's hardly Rocket Salad.

Could it be because there is nothing but luncheon meat between their ears? Don't get me wrong most of them seem like very nice chaps, but I don't think I would trust them to organise the proverbial.

(By the way, I have played the game.)