PDA

View Full Version : Britain 2-0 up in Davis Cup

Sir David Gray
21-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Just thought i'd give the Davis Cup a wee mention on here.

Tim Henman and Andy Murray have put Britain 2-0 up against Croatia after they both won their singles ties.

Murray won a 5 set match against world 108 Marin Cilic to put GB 1-0 up and then Tim Henman beat Roko Karanusic who is 164 in the world rankings in straight sets to double Britain's lead.

The Murray brothers are in action tomorrow in the doubles.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Just thought i'd give the Davis Cup a wee mention on here.

Tim Henman and Andy Murray have put Britain 2-0 up against Croatia after they both won their singles ties.

Murray won a 5 set match against world 108 Marin Cilic to put GB 1-0 up and then Tim Henman beat Roko Karanusic who is 164 in the world rankings in straight sets to double Britain's lead.

The Murray brothers are in action tomorrow in the doubles.

:aok:

Cheers for the updates mate...cant believe i missed it :brickwall:brickwall

Nakedmanoncrack
22-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Great stuff, will have to get the old Union Flag back out yet again, well done chaps.

Toaods
22-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I started watching some of today's doubles ..Jamie Murray & Tim Henman (in his last, last game at Wimbledon - unless he reappears tomorrow :wink: )

against two lowly ranked Croatians. Although GB came through 3-1 some of the tennis was magnificent,

Big centre ourt crowd of real people for a change, away supporters and a cracking atmosphere.

Some good shots, bad shots and unlucky shots made for exciting action.

PC Stamp
24-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I started watching some of today's doubles ..Jamie Murray & Tim Henman (in his last, last game at Wimbledon - unless he reappears tomorrow :wink: )

against two lowly ranked Croatians. Although GB came through 3-1 some of the tennis was magnificent,

Big centre ourt crowd of real people for a change, away supporters and a cracking atmosphere.

Some good shots, bad shots and unlucky shots made for exciting action.

And nice to see Henman make the match winning shot.
He's taken a lot of stick over the years mainly due to the media hyping him up every Wimbledon and whilst he never quite delivered a big one he put British tennis back on the map again where it hadn't been since Fred Perry was around!

Let's hope Andy Murray can now take that mantle on and up! :agree:

McSwanky
25-09-2007, 08:15 AM
I was at the Davis Cup on Friday (and Toaods, it was actually court 1 :wink:) and it was a great atmosphere, the tennis was pretty good as well. Murray made a bit of a meal of his match (went to 5 sets) which made it more exciting.

Really liked Wimbledon, first time I've been, but I reckon I'll go back some time in the near future. Worth a visit.

Shame Croatia only managed to put out their 4th and 5th choice players, but I'm sure John Lloyd and his team weren't complaining! :greengrin