PDA

View Full Version : Bowls...

MSK
18-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Yes that boring old mans game !!!! :greengrin

Theres a few bowlers on hibs.net so now the season is nearing an end anyone gonna tell us how you done or are doing in your local comps etc ...

Myself ...i won this ...

:greengrin

Fat Stu
18-09-2007, 06:27 PM
probably my best social year, but as an individual won nothing. Oh but we did get promoted to division 3, not bad for our first year in the league.

DaveF
19-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Our bowling club is having an open day for the kids on Sunday, but I'll be at the Hibs game so can't take my boys.

Going to try and get them (and me) into this for there will come a time (soon) when the football career will end.............

MSK
19-09-2007, 08:18 AM
probably my best social year, but as an individual won nothing. Oh but we did get promoted to division 3, not bad for our first year in the league.We (Jewel) finished 4th in the second div ..that was good because we came all the way down from the 5th in consecutive seasons ...Me & my partner were beaten in the final of the pairs ..at least another trophy for the wife tae polish ..:greengrin

Our bowling club is having an open day for the kids on Sunday, but I'll be at the Hibs game so can't take my boys.

Going to try and get them (and me) into this for there will come a time (soon) when the football career will end.............Well worth it Dave ..even just for the social side ..:cheers:

forthhibby
19-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Worst season i've had yet, but i changed bowls half way through season once i was out of everything, bring on next season.

PS anyone wish to buy a set of size 4 taylors, very good condition, but do tend to fall a yard short of the jack

Speedy
19-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Not won anything yet but I have a quarter final(yes a quarter final, farse so it is) tonight. I was playing indoor last night but I'm hoping I'll catch it pretty quick.

MSK
19-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Not won anything yet but I have a quarter final(yes a quarter final, farse so it is) tonight. I was playing indoor last night but I'm hoping I'll catch it pretty quick.Thats the big diff though ..i gave up indoor because i couldnt catch the weight adjustment out doors and that was playing on a very fast green ...still laid up short far too often...:agree:

MSK
19-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Worst season i've had yet, but i changed bowls half way through season once i was out of everything, bring on next season.

PS anyone wish to buy a set of size 4 taylors, very good condition, but do tend to fall a yard short of the jackI went from 7s to 5 mediums ..still too light , too big an adjustment too soon , need 5 heavy's...:agree:

forthhibby
19-09-2007, 04:18 PM
i went from taylor size 4 to heselite tiger 2's size 3, these are about as straight as you can get, take a bit of getting used too.

MSK
19-09-2007, 05:51 PM
i went from taylor size 4 to heselite tiger 2's size 3, these are about as straight as you can get, take a bit of getting used too.Dinnae like tight liners ..prefer bowls wi a hook finish, handy if yer playing second like i do in the league ...need a bowl tae get roond the blockers :greengrin, i use Taylors Henselite Deluxe , decent draw but could do wi a bit more...:agree:

Scouse Hibee
19-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Just started again this season after playing crown green in England from when I was 13 until 25. Loving being back into the bowls even if playing flat green was a bit strange at first. Roll on next season.

MSK
19-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Just started again this season after playing crown green in England from when I was 13 until 25. Loving being back into the bowls even if playing flat green was a bit strange at first. Roll on next season.Crown looks so weird !!! looks a cracking game though ..would love tae gie it a bash ...:agree:

Scouse Hibee
20-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Crown looks so weird !!! looks a cracking game though ..would love tae gie it a bash ...:agree:

Yeah I'm sure you would enjoy it, a lot less tactical as ninety nine per cent of the games you play are singles so only four bowls around the jack.
When you're holdin the shot you know there's not another half a dozen or so more bowls to come and spoil it.