PDA

View Full Version : Slipped disc

Captain Trips
08-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Anyone on here ever had this? When I put my head forward or back I get a shooting pain down my arm and sometimes when I turn head. It is dependant on where my arm is (left) but no such issue with other arm. Is this sounding like slipped disc?

Hibbyradge
08-03-2019, 08:23 AM
Anyone on here ever had this? When I put my head forward or back I get a shooting pain down my arm and sometimes when I turn head. It is dependant on where my arm is (left) but no such issue with other arm. Is this sounding like slipped disc?

It doesn't sound like that to me, but a visit to the doctor will confirm.

oldbutdim
08-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Sounds more like a trapped nerve, but probably a doctor may be better placed to diagnose than a bunch of unqualified nut jobs on here.
:thumbsup:

Captain Trips
08-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Sounds more like a trapped nerve, but probably a doctor may be better placed to diagnose than a bunch of unqualified nut jobs on here.

Haha was thinking trapped nerve tbh, is there no way to "untrap" it?

speedy_gonzales
08-03-2019, 09:24 AM

I had a similar pain, turned out my ulnar nerve was trapped. A little manipulation and some exercises sorted it (mainly stretching my neck left/right, tucking my chin in to stretch the back) but I'd still suggest seeking medical advice.

Whoah there, I have a certificate next to my tinfoil hat that begs to differ,,,,

hibbybob
08-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Sounds like a Cervical Disc problem.
I've had identical symptoms and had an ACDF op last week.
Definitely see your GP in the first instance.
First treatment may be pain killers and Physio. If that doesn't work you'll be sent for an MRI scan to identify the problem.
I had an injection into the troublesome disc area last year and that solved the problem - for 8 months.
The ACDF op involves removing the problematic disc and replacing it with a metal spacer or sometimes a bone graft.
The op isn't pleasant and will be last resort as it's pretty invasive and not pleasant.
Most of these types of problems will resolve in about 8 weeks so I'd suggest being patient in the first instance.
Good luck!

oldbutdim
08-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Whoah there, I have a certificate next to my tinfoil hat that begs to differ,,,,

My apologies.

I realised my error as soon as I'd posted, but hoped that it wouldn't be picked up by a qualified nut job.

No offence I hope.

:cool2:

Jones28
10-03-2019, 11:00 AM
Try a bit of yoga to stretch it out. I've been struggling with back pain/sciatica type problems for a few weeks and have kept away from weights and Astro surfaces, it's helped a lot.

heretoday
10-03-2019, 07:36 PM
Slipped disc? Takes you back doesn't it? It's almost comforting to know it's still around.
Bet it's painful though.