PDA

View Full Version : Confidence

Northernhibee
22-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Attacking with intent, players willing to try things that might not work but giving them their best shot none the less. Goals, entertainment and a great shift from Flo.

Thought todays performance looked a lot more confident and although not back to our best, really promising for the games ahead. Fix the leaky defence and we should have a really enjoyable run in and give Celtic a good game in the cup :flag:

Really liked Hecky's words in the post match interview and makes me think he's the man we need:

"The message is we want to be positive and want to score goals. It actually made the game harder for us second-half, but I have to accept that consequence of the message - go and be positive, go and be brave. But really, there were opportunities at 4-1 where we didn't have to always try, we could have kept the ball and took the sting out the game."I'll continue doing that because it's important to have that sort of bravery for the longer term.
"Whenever they put that effort in and give performances like that, I have to accept mistakes because I'm probably pushing them further than they're capable of, making them uncomfortable, but that's what it takes.
"So I'll stick up for them and their mistakes when they put in a shift like that."

Eyrie
22-02-2019, 11:48 PM
Agreed.

I'm a great believer in a culture of "positive mistakes" - in other words, if something is realistically on then try it and you'll be supported rather than criticised afterwards if it doesn't work. The end result is that players will be willing to try things and more often than not they'll succeed. Sounds like HB has the same approach.